• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How to remove the minimap

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
hello everybody!
I am currently working on a RPG map for one player. map has many cinematic scenes, with lots of text.
As is known, in the cinematic mode the speeches of characters are not written in "chat."
so I decided to do a scene without him. This will allow players to read what they may have missed.

but a new problem, without this mod I have to remove the fog of war. This will allow the player to see in the scenes that something other than a black screen.
so I have to fully open the entire map.
naturally, in this scenario the player sees on the minimap that it is too early to see. (He sees where the enemy, where the city, and so on)

that would avoid this, I see only two ways:
remove fog of war only in those places where there is a scene
or remove the minimap.

Now the question:
1) how to remove the minimap?
guess it is removed by replacing the textures

2) Can I remove the minimap only during the scenes (returning it when the scene ends) or not?

ps
probably the first way will be much easier than the second, right? :<

as you guessed, I make a map on GUI, not Jass

sorry for my english
missed a lot of lessons in school

Level 3
To remove the minimap:

In Game Interface, change Icon - Minimap Resource to a "custom" invalid icon... call it InvalidIcon.blp, any name will work, as long as it does not exist. You do not need to import anything for this to work.

This will create an entirely black minimap (nothing shows).

As for question 2: I don't believe that is possible with the above solution.

Level 9
use a trigger to place a neutral shop somewhere in the map,
"Unit - Create "Goblin Laboratory" at TempPoint" for example, then
"Set Minimapchanger = Last created unit", Minimapchanger = a unit variable. then when u want to reveal,
"Unit - Remove Minimapchanger from map"

(i dont have editor open atm)

Status
Not open for further replies.