• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Chriz.'s Animation Projects

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

impporttxw3.gif

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

Are you familiar with the character? In AotZ he is a freakishly twitchy and overly hyperactive imp, meaning a sudden attack would be fitting. But I'll look into it and see if it can be improved upon, sure.

EDIT: Messed with it a bit

impattfw0.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

impatt2me7.gif
impdeathng4.gif

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

The new one is for possession and the blink to corpse spell.

The Spell Throw is for meteor and fireball.

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

Problem I find with that, WILL, is that sometimes when death animation are too long they get cut off by the dissipate, so the convulsion keyframes would only be wasted space. Good idea though, thanks.

impjuguz8.gif

This little dude is done.

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

The model was made to replace a WoW model in AotZ, so it could be accepted at Wc3c. MC ! based his model on the WoW imp (conceptually) but it has its differences.

I just added my own twist to the animations, which were of course also made from scratch.

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

Yeah, I suppose he would be my next job.

It actually looks like I might finally finish all my jobs and be free, for once!

I might just have to throw myself a party after that.

If, for example, the death anim took 3 seconds, and the dissipate took 3.5, then under Death Time in the object editor you add them together to make 6.5. Or add a bit extra just in case.

If you have a hero whose model has no dissipate animation, and if the death anim is 3 secs, if you set the Death Time to 3 secs, the corpse dissapears, but if you set it to 6 secs then the hero plays the death anim, then goes transparent when after for the remaining time of the Death Time (i.e. when the dissipate anim would play if it had one)

So you could make the death anim be 10 seconds if you really want it to. Just make sure that the death time is set up correctly.

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

True, but it would be too much hassle since this is going to be a public resource.

I'd rather make a quick and easy death, so that way nobody has to fumble around with in game parameters, especially because of all the noobish complaints I'd get all the time.

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

Yes, it is. MC ! will release it once Wc3c is back up and running, along with Myriad.

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

No, I meant when he gets animated he will also be released, I don't work that fast.

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

My latest project, for Tides of Blood. Myriad is not currently needed for AotZ, so I won't start working on him until he is.

battlerageroie9.jpg

All you see here is by erwtenpeller.

I rigged the model on to a bone structure now and he has all the basic animations (which I've tweaked and adjusted to fit the new model).

I'll reveal to you guys which model's bone structure and base animations I've used once this guy is completely finished, but trust me, they look good.

Now I have to make the custom animations for his new skillset and work on his portrait.

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

erwt MADE the Trike you know, and he edited the Inquisitor.

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

Oh, well he's had a change of heart.

promobrcy9.jpg

Glows.

Level 12
No, I meant I read a post by Erwt in which he said he'd rather shape something from scratch than edit the model...
I'd never touch software like vertex modifyer or magos, thats more what i was aiming at. At the time i didnt even know it was possible to import geometry and bones into max. Now that it is possible though, it is a verry nice timesaver.

At the moment i'm working on a model for tides that is fully from scratch, though.

---

Nice thread chriz! This entire subforum is like a schrine to you :D

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

runcx6.gif

Sped the gif up to the speed he would most likely be running at in the spell, but I personally don't know the details.

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

Oh yes, yes he does.

He's the Juggernaut, bitch.

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

slamui1.gif

He jumps in the air and bashes a unit into the ground, it's called Browbeat.

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

Did, it looks quite awkward. The spell will be triggered to make him fly to the unit and fall to the right height, etc. They could probably set the air time themselves. Thanks for the input though.

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

That's an in-max shot, so yes, it will look flawless in game (texture-wise).

Status
Not open for further replies.