• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Blizzard Releases Warlords of Draenor Cinematic Trailer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 25
I wouldn't put it past Blizzard retconning that. Although, I always hate it when the retcon deaths, e.g. Muradin.

I am still convinced Muradin is in fact a Dreadlord in disguise!

I guess it could make sense for the Legion to skip Ner'zhul if the Iron Horde contacted him before they did.

Anyway, it's getting late, so it's the perfect time for some theorycrafting!
So, if there's an alternate Draenor, there's probably an alternate Azeroth too, yes? An alternate Azeroth with a living, Sargeras-influenced Medivh, who could, potentially, also be in the talks with alternate Gul'dan (as they were in our timeline). Since we free Gul'dan from the Iron Horde in, like, literally the second or third quest after having arrived on Draenor (spoilers!), I wouldn't be surprised if Gul'dan, with the help of Medivh, opens another portal to alternate Azeroth and things just get crazy(er) from there. I mean, Khadgar, the apprentice of Medivh, is one of the main characters of the expansion.
Or...
Oh my gawd! The portal Turalyon and Alleria fled through by the end of Beyond the Dark Portal led them to alternate Draenor! I'm calling it now!

I am still convinced Muradin is in fact a Dreadlord in disguise!

I guess it could make sense for the Legion to skip Ner'zhul if the Iron Horde contacted him before they did.

Anyway, it's getting late, so it's the perfect time for some theorycrafting!
So, if there's an alternate Draenor, there's probably an alternate Azeroth too, yes? An alternate Azeroth with a living, Sargeras-influenced Medivh, who could, potentially, also be in the talks with alternate Gul'dan (as they were in our timeline). Since we free Gul'dan from the Iron Horde in, like, literally the second or third quest after having arrived on Draenor (spoilers!), I wouldn't be surprised if Gul'dan, with the help of Medivh, opens another portal to alternate Azeroth and things just get crazy(er) from there. I mean, Khadgar, the apprentice of Medivh, is one of the main characters of the expansion.

Haha, I'm sure that question is on a lot of people's minds. It may make things convoluted, but that would be incredible as a side thing. But I feel like it would require a huge amount of effort.

It would be awesome for a quest chain, though, or a boss fight. Kinda like the siren quest in Vash'jir that retells the past. Some sort of quest that would show parts of alternate Azeroth. :p

chr2 said:
Oh my gawd! The portal Turalyon and Alleria fled through by the end of Beyond the Dark Portal led them to alternate Draenor! I'm calling it now!

Oddly enough, that may be crazy enough to happen! One of the MoP loading screen tips were: "Nobody has seen Alleria or Turalyon in years". That may be a hint for their appearance in WoD. It would be a pleasant surprise! :D

Level 5
I like to watch the cinematics.. But I believe having to buy the game and then subscribe every month is ridiculous... Especially since you'd also have to pay for the expansions for about 50 dollars...
Regardless of that however, Blizzard Entertainment has become really well organized into how they would like to sell the products they design with well thought out cinematics and storylines.

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

Did any one of you got any email saying you've got digital copy of wow vanilla --> cata? +30d game time?

Level 24
oh nice, their cinematic movies are quite cool, still lives a pound in my head about their story though.

lol, there could be a chance that when they enter Alternate Draenor, they could accidentally enter the Alternate Dark Portal which leads to Present Azeroth, then Vereesa and Sylvanas could hug their big sis again, and then Turalyon would be suprise to see the little boy Varian to be older than him (a wacky story I think)

I am actually glad that I changed my name from Wrathion

Well, if you hadn't rename yourself, there could be no Cake virus that might infect us to say 99% cake thingies

Level 16
^But I can't afford $15 a month to play the game and I'm already subscribed to something else, paying $10 per month.
Sigh. I guess I'll wait a few years so I'll graduate and get a job. In the mean time, I'll play something else.

Deleted member 238589

D

Deleted member 238589

They should have tried harder. Grommash is not just any character.

Deleted member 238589

D

Deleted member 238589

I'm not saying it's horrible. Far from it. However, they haven't exactly honored his story as much as they should have. It feels similar to the previous Lords of War, which is something that should not happend with an important character like him.

Deleted member 238589

D

Deleted member 238589

This one was better than the one for Grommash. It's purpose wasn't just to make him a badass. There's actually a story here.

Btw, thanks Chaosy, that was fast :)

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer
Level 40
I think 5 parts:

1.Kargath
2.Grommash
3.Durotan
4.Kilrogg
5.Blackhand or Gul'dan or Ner'zhul or Gul'dan/Ner'zhul, It's not in the Trailer, maybe Garrosh or the Iron Horde itself.

Confirmed. I went back and looked at the open event and Chris Metzen said that there will be 4 more parts after the first one.

skip to 31:30

Status
Not open for further replies.