• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Animation request

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 14
Hi, can somebody please add a wood carrying animation to standart ork skeleton
to this one to be correct.
2016-10-29_21-24-37.png

Thank you.

Level 21
You can do that with MatrixEater. Download the latest version from my post in this thread.
This video tutorial shows you how to transfer geosets (from one unit to another) and this one teaches you about animation transfers.

You can also transfer animations with Oinkerwinkle's Animation Transfer. You can download it here, and read this tutorial. You can even apply the tutorial to Matrix Eater, since it already has the same tool built-in (File -> Simple Import).

Level 21
I tried to do this, but I don't know where to attach lumber bone. And also how to set the right visibility for it.
You can do those things with Magos' Model Editor.

The lumber bone should be attached to Bone_Chest. You can create new bones in Model Editor's Node Manager and you can set the visibility of specific geosets in Geoset Animation Manager.

Last edited:
Level 21
Oh c'mon this is a request section. I need to work on project, why some good modeler can't waste 2 mins on this simple edit? I already wasted 2 days trying to do that myself.
Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach him how to fish and he will eat for a lifetime.

Here is how to set the visibility of a geoset:
1. Open the model in Model Editor.
2. Go to Windows -> Sequence Manager and open the first animation on the list.
3. Open Notepad (or take a piece of paper) and write down (or copy n paste) the starting frame. For example the attack animation has an interval from 18000 to 19000, so you write down 18000.
4. Do the same thing for all animations.
5. In the Model Editor, hold Ctrl and click on the lumber geoset. It should turn black for a second.
6. Now go to Windows -> Geoset Manager and you'll see which geoset is the one you selected with ctrl+click. Remember it's name (or position) in the Geoset Manager.
7. Go to Windows -> Geoset Animation Manager. Create a new geoset animation (Right click -> Create New).
8. Tick the little box to make the geoset have animated alpha.
9. Then click below that box where it says Alpha.
10. Now enter the starting frames of all animations in order (from smallest to largest). It should look something like this, but with different values:
300: 1
1600: 1
2900: 1
5867: 0
7000: 1
8300: 1
12567: 1
72867: 1
75500: 0
135800: 0
142700: 0

0 means the geoset is invisible during that animation
1 means the geoset is visible during that animation

However, if you used Matrix Eater before this, maybe it has already created a geoset animation that refers to the lumber geoset, so you only have to find the geoset animation and edit the visibility, instead of creating a new one. Go to Windows -> Animation Controller to see what geoset is visible in each animation.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.