• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Animating Competition #1 - Let's Dance!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

You can enter both models, it's not against the rules.

Level 45
Didn't quite like the other one so here's another round. (This could probably work for trolls since it's similar to their dance in WoW XD)

anim-1.gif

EDIT: Oh my, too fast!

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

Yours are definitely very creative, what program are you using?

Level 35
Well told I would enter so better do :smile:

As I am a milkeshape user too... I just made my own of a unanimted Paladin. Which means I deleted the mesh coursing trouble... but now it doesnt have TC / Heroglow, would that be a problem? Or is it allowed to do so?
Of course also have to add bones as milkimporter removes those..

Btw thanks donut for making that notice in the old tread.... else I would have missed this...

Last edited:

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

Do what you can to make you able to enter. At this point I don't mind.

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

11 days left guys, someone submit something; if not, this will have been the first and final animating competition.

Level 10
Here is my final submission. I went with the 3rd one because i was to lazy to anim transfer the others.... which sucked. Chriz. could you make a gif of my anim?

Edit: There finally it wouldn't let me upload him cause it said i had him posted here even when i deleted the post he was uploaded in. Anyways i had to make another version of the model. here he is.

Edit: added gif, Thanks Chriz.

Attachments

• DancerGuy.mdx
    31.2 KB · Views: 62
  • dancegv9.gif
    dancegv9.gif
    120.4 KB · Views: 182
Last edited:

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

Make sure the submissions meet the criteria:

Animation(s) must show properly in game without rotation errors or anything to the effect.

Animation(s) should have decent timing.

Submissions should be uploaded in .mdx format and must use the appropriate in game textures, and include an in game screenshot of the model functioning properly.

So don't forget those in game shots people.

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

dancegv9.gif

Here's your gif. Include it in your submission post.

Level 10
Thought I'd give this one a shot. I'm very new at animating, this would be the third thing I've ever done! Anyway, thanks Chriz for putting this on, it's been alot of fun. Have a look and see what you think...can anyone say Hammer time :grin:

Cheers, CS

Attachments

• bladedancer.mdx
    41.4 KB · Views: 92
  • BladeDancer.jpg
    BladeDancer.jpg
    105 KB · Views: 217
  • BladeDancer.gif
    BladeDancer.gif
    783.8 KB · Views: 258

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

Thought I'd give this one a shot. I'm very new at animating, this would be the third thing I've ever done! Anyway, thanks Chriz for putting this on, it's been alot of fun. Have a look and see what you think...can anyone say Hammer time :grin:

Cheers, CS

That's great, I like it a lot.

yet another question Chriz...

When you say rotation error in the anim you mean an error with the anim not the model right?

Because the anim I am currently making.... well due to limits in the wc3 model his arms goes a little thin when doing the anim... hope that would be okay.... you barely notice in wc3..

Error with the animation of bones and such, stretching is unavoidable at times.

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

I would really like you to make something with the unarmed models provided. Explain your idea and I'll see if I'll allow it.

Level 35
Something went wrong with exporting.Damn.. but oh well I can maybe use it to show you mine idea with use of weapons, as I just found out the other was weaponless and that we should make without weapons...

Hmm cant get it to work... use link insted: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fltnesC1mB0

Gotta redo it, but shows promise....

Last edited:
Level 35
I like your idea, RB. But it still needs a lot of work...

Ehh.... the real anim doesnt look like that.. as said it went wrong while exporting it.... which means I proably made some mistake with linear or so..

The real one was smootless.. although I have to redo it now.. as said..

but thanks for liking the idea... how ever you was able to see it though :smile:

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

Fine, add a simple pole. It's basically a stationary prop anyway.

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

Don't count on it, but there might be the option. I won't extend due to laziness.

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

Only if you get it exported and functional in game.

Status
Not open for further replies.