1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've created a new forum: Overwatch! Discuss gameplay strategies, team composition, lootboxes and much more!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The dust has finally settled for Hive's first joint Hero Contest. Come check out the results and comment on what you think should be a Neutral Tavern Hero!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The awesome entries of Mini-Mapping Contest #13 - Ghastly Realm are finished! Vote for your favorite here!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Last squad standing! The results for Modeling Contest - Squad are out. Congratulate the winners!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The results for the 4-way challenge is up! Congratulate the winner and take pity on the losers here!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Looking to expand an altered melee race of yours? Join the Advanced Techtree Contest - Recycle, Revise, Reinvent contest!
    Dismiss Notice

[8MB Limit Removed Update] Warcraft 3 - Patch 1.27b

Discussion in 'Latest Updates and News' started by StoPCampinGn00b, Dec 13, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ujimasa Hojo

Ujimasa Hojo
    Hopefully, raising the map size limit will revitalize Altered Melee Race Maps.

2. Kyrbi0

Kyrbi0
    *rubs palms together anxiously*

3. Jocker

Jocker
    Where to download it since i cant on battle.net?

4. edo494

edo494

Jass Reviewer

yes, all the way to 128 mb

5. Zwiebelchen

Zwiebelchen
    Way to kill the mood.

Just so you know: they seemed to have actually stealth-fixed some bugs that are NOT mentioned in the patchlog, for example, the command button stacking is gone (unfortunately, this also breaks our only method to hide the patrol and hold position commands).

So I guess they fixed a lot more stuff than just what is mentioned in the patchlog. Its up to us to find out what, though.

6. Flux

Flux
    Finally, HQ hentai maps right Ralle?

7. DracoL1ch

DracoL1ch
    fixing not broken stuff? lol
    can't imagine more not-asked-for fix than ability to fucking hide icons. and it's now gone. wonderful!

8. pyf

pyf
    From here:
    Patching Classic Games

Now wait, didn't I write exactly the same thing, on the previous page of this thread? :con:

9. Ralle

Ralle

Owner

It wasn't my map! It just happened to show up in my profile after the import :D.

10. Tharifas

Tharifas

Hey, wondering if I could get some help. I'm from spain, so I would like to get the patch in spanish, but in the european spanish equivalent of the page you linked (Parchear Juegos Clásicos) I only get 1.27a :goblin_cry:

11. redmarine

redmarine
    This is a huge change. Are you aware of a reason for this huge change? I heard some rumors back that Blizzard are hiring staff to work on "classic" Blizzard games, and I'm interpreting that as meaning they will add them to the Battle.net Client. Hopefully this change is a reflection on that. :p

12. Tleno

Tleno
    Getting SC2 modding back on track? I am busy with university at the moment but I REALLY need to create a bunch of tutorials just to showcase the full potential of the editor once I'm free.
    Is Twitch top-10 the only metric that matters to you? I mean seriously, there were so many new competitive-centric games released over more than a decade - Overwatch, Heartstone, Counter-Strike: GO, Paragon, Dota 2, League of Legends - do you really expect a good albeit old title to remain afloat in top-10 for so long?! That's a very narrow scope, especially considering when even big recent releases like Battleborn get way less attention than these old titles, and yet the classics are still played to this day.

Yes, that's exactly what it means.

13. DracoL1ch

DracoL1ch
    thats the matter of your expectation. this game deserves to be on top, yet struggling surviving. if you're fine with 100 people playing closes once in a week, Im definitely not

14. Tleno

Tleno
    So, what are you gonna do about this? Pessimistically rant about how it's not played enough on forums? Surely you can do more than that.

15. Dr Super Good

Dr Super Good
    It appears that one cannot hide icons anymore by giving a stupid command card offset. This thread mentions it.

16. Tleno

Tleno
    Right, so... why did Blizzard remove this?!

17. DracoL1ch

DracoL1ch
    gonna tell you that blizz doesnt even try while their worship slaves keep claiming their as gods. thats simple.

18. Tleno

Tleno
    And... how is that going to help game become more popular? Don't you think people you call "worship slaves" may be the game's core fanbase and by disrupting any sort of visibility of active fanbase you'll just leave Blizzard convinced the game is dead for good and there's zero reason to bother with it?

Seriously, the Blizzard old game team is small. You can't deliver top notch quality control and high production pace when understaffed - just look at team Fortress 2 updates or any other project that while maintained is not company's priority and top income source anymore.

19. DracoL1ch

DracoL1ch
    yet doom been fetched to top-tier game by solo enthusiasts. wc3 have JNPG made purely by fans. chinese guys have their own editor with lua, blackjack and whores, even autocomplete BLP-factory now. and only Blizz can't do shit 'cause understaffed. ffs its silliest reason I even heard. There's many fans with aknowledge and even experience, how bout taking them to QA, or directly to code? NDA, w/e, to make finally game ready?

and all they do is silently watch out? I doubt they ever visit this place. As been said at forums of classic team, slow progress isn't killing wc3, silence of developers does.

20. pyf

pyf
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.