• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

✅HD Level Design Contest #1 - POLL

Which contestant should win the contest?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Archian

Site Director
Level 61
hive-logo-small-remoosed-png.373032

hd-png.376391
level-png.373721

design-png.373722
contest-png.373719
png.373678
1-png.373674

poll-png.373718
maze-png.454985

Contestants were to create a maze with at least one entry point, and at least one exit point. The map had to be made in HD mode, and should not be openable in SD. Only custom models from Hive's HD model and texture sections were allowed. The only exceptions are DNC models and omnilights. This was mainly a visual and design oriented contest, not technical.

other_rules_and_conditions-png.311513

• Trying to manipulate the poll in any form is not allowed.
    If you're aware of ip-sharing with any voter, for any reason, you should contact the staff.
  • Harassment towards others to influence the result will lead to punishment.
    A neutral recommendation to take part at the poll isn't problematic, though.
  • Voting for yourself is not allowed, and will lead to a malus by 5%.
  • Participating in the poll does not explicitly safe one from being disqualified.
  • Judges are not allowed to vote.
You are very welcome to make a short statement what you like the most, so contestants get a bit of public feedback!

other_prizes-png.311512

• 1st place: 750 experience points
  • 2nd place: 600 experience points
  • 3rd place: 450 experience points
  • Entry: 150 experience points
  • Judge: 50 experience points per entry
The three winners will receive an award icon representing the winning entry.

other_entries-png.311509

other_judges-png.311510

• @Celaquil
  • If no judges are found (at least two is required) before the deadline, the winners will be decided by the votes of a public poll. The poll results will be hidden until a person has voted. Changing your vote afterwards will not be possible.

other_contest_judging-png.311506

AestheticsOverall appearance of the final entry as a whole, e.g. an entry can lack detail and technique but still have an overall nice composition./40
LayoutHow was the maze layout? Was the layout logical with an intuitive approach to solving the maze, or was it confusing to find out how to solve the maze?/30
CreativityHow unique and original is the idea? How inventive is the execution? How creatively does it conform to the contest theme?/30
Total/100

other_dates_and_deadline-png.311507

The poll shall begin on February 20, 2024 and conclude on March 5, 2024 GMT (day is included).

Assigned Staff: @Archian

Contest | Results

Last edited:
Level 36
Alright guys, here comes my partly shitty and somewhat rushed reviews:

Firstly, let me just say that all three entries are absolutely great, and anything negative I might have to say in my reviews comes from a place of love, I just can't help myself when I see such gems, I just want to polish and polish them until they are the best version of themselves :)

Bravo guys, you should all be proud of what you've made here!

Avahor - Wizardry Glade

I think this was conceptually my favorite entry, maybe it’s because I am a sucker for anything classically magical themed, or maybe it’s just the composition and choice of doodads that make it appealing to me personally, I’m not completely sure (probably a mix of both). Hoyever, I can’t look past the unfinished nature and rough edges of this entry. At the very get-go we’re magically spawned into a location that seems like it’s the middle of the map and there’s absolutely “nothing” surrounding us, except some frankly kickass tilework. And although I am a sucker for some good tilework, it feels like this initial moment loses a lot of impact due to the emptiness of the space surrounding the character, to the point where I honestly found myself thinking that assets hadn’t properly loaded in, thinking it might be a problem on my end.

Then you start moving around and I have to admit that the parts of this map that are fully made are absolutely stunning: Well-crafted paths, doodads seamlessly welded together, something wonderful to look at in every direction, it is varied environments and intrigue around every corner. Except when you reach those corners, and see the edges that are unfinished and the overall “floating island” effect everything has. Now, this might be intentional, maybe it was meant to be “floaty”, but mostly it seems aesthetically wrong to my eyes that a location like this, which is otherwise very “natural” in terms of flora and rock-formations, to be magically floating. (Even though it is a magical environment, yay contradictions!).

Overall, the aesthetic composition of the finished parts of this map is absolutely fabulous, the creative use of roll and tilt to make intriguing points of interest, the beautiful crystal cave (maybe my favorite part), and the lovely pathways in between are all masterfully made. I did find the chapel a bit lack-luster, maybe because there were so few details on the ground and the wooden floor had a somewhat spammy feel to it. If anything, I wish you’d leaned further into the magical aspect of this map, adding more SFX and spell-effects around the map to make it truly stand out. Otherwise though, a solid piece of level design, and it was a blast to walk through it, thank you for making this map! :)

AestheticsOverall appearance of the final entry as a whole, e.g. an entry can lack detail and technique but still have an overall nice composition.30/40
LayoutHow was the maze layout? Was the layout logical with an intuitive approach to solving the maze, or was it confusing to find out how to solve the maze?15/30
CreativityHow unique and original is the idea? How inventive is the execution? How creatively does it conform to the contest theme?30/30
Total75/100

Azurot - Nightshade Labyrinth

Firstly, I love the little zoom-out in the beginning, very theatrical ;)

I’m immediately struck with a sense of atmosphere in this one, the thick fog and the clever use of depth really gives the terrain a weight that is very reminiscent of the old days of terraining, odd that. The doodad placement is wonderful, I really like the creative use of the world tree model to simulate “roots” from above, the mixture of plants and rubble and vines and everything really sets a mystical night elven tone, which I’m sure you were going for.

I got a bit annoyed a couple times at some invisible walls here and there, where it seemed like I should be able to enter somewhere, but I wasn’t. There’s also sadly a little bit of a repetitive nature to the overall layout, although well made, it is relatively obvious that the same pool of 20 or so doodads have been used a lot to make the environment, and with the exception of the cave, there’s little in the form of environmental variation.

Looking at the scores though, this seems to be my winner, so you’ll get my vote in the poll Azurot :) I think it’s because this is the most solidly made entry in my eyes, it is polished and interesting, the idea is cool and executed well, and there is very little in terms of level design I find overly deductive. If I were to nitpick, I’d say that the paths in general were a bit too wide and too flat and thus lacking a bit in detail, I think more use of bushes, grass-models and other floral doodads would’ve benefitted the overall feel of the pathways. Otherwise it’s a finely crafted map, thank you for letting me have a stroll through your imagination!

AestheticsOverall appearance of the final entry as a whole, e.g. an entry can lack detail and technique but still have an overall nice composition.35/40
LayoutHow was the maze layout? Was the layout logical with an intuitive approach to solving the maze, or was it confusing to find out how to solve the maze?25/30
CreativityHow unique and original is the idea? How inventive is the execution? How creatively does it conform to the contest theme?20/30
Total80/100

FeelsGoodMan - Abyssal Frostforge

I have to admit, my initial review here was very colored by how the map looked on my end, but when I saw it in the video, I got confused. Why is your version so much “shinier” than mine? This makes me question what premises I should review the map based on, here’s how it looks for me (all video settings set to max):

IHJz_02lg8dgY37sDimG4o_NbxlXONloa6IUG-lGRP7KSkTQ-HhJuATf8HUuWDyLyss26N_exWcWxG12c66E0kZNtZkmnXxiSY2B47OW3lY3m09DtjJaqxYgl0Os6_Qd58BGGO7U-9PwlW-UyoqjsaE

Based on this image, and the way the rest of the terrain looks in that version, I have a few things to say about mixture of textures, stretched textures and the very repetitive pattern of the snow on the path, but looking at your version:

Cux4WWRmPYWKeEI3fhH6D2lpx2kL0lisl7RcZ_Y0cF4TRANGCYt06SKat0R254phdxW_fC5fWJvPxvTq9yUdli4Eoe1Lu-bBzBYO6dChd_BtoZy7omP3IhTLZlhatd1llEeGO6cWSSws0_YKipLSwT0

All of these points become void. Thus I am not sure if I can judge this properly.

I’ll let my points stand for now, and rather focus on some other aspects of the map:

The overall layout is nice and the doodad composition is brilliantly executed, just like everyone in this contest, you’re all amazing :) I do appreciate the sense of scale you’ve created a lot, the fact that most doodads have been shrunk and the depth below making it seem like this is all very high up on some mountain in a frigid environment is both atmospheric and foreboding. However, a little like with Azurot’s entry, there is a rather repetitive nature to it all, which I think is made slightly worse in your case because of the scale. It creates a distance between the viewer and the terrain which in turn promotes a sort disinterest in the finer details due to the fact that everything is so far away. It has kinda like a sort of “diablo”-esque style to it, which mostly wires my brain into the anticipation of hordes of enemies charging me around any corner. And when that is not forthcoming, coupled with how far off everything is, I actually found myself getting slightly bored while walking through it.

Don’t get me wrong, this is wonderfully made, and I do understand that some of the repetitive nature of yours and Azurot’s entries are mostly based on the lack of available assets, so I won’t hold it too much against you. But both of your entries could absolutely improve with some more “storytelling” aspects as you go through the map, some developments of various scenarios that has happened to change the appearance of the world your going through.

AestheticsOverall appearance of the final entry as a whole, e.g. an entry can lack detail and technique but still have an overall nice composition.30/40
LayoutHow was the maze layout? Was the layout logical with an intuitive approach to solving the maze, or was it confusing to find out how to solve the maze?25/30
CreativityHow unique and original is the idea? How inventive is the execution? How creatively does it conform to the contest theme?15/30
Total70/100

And again, thank you all for participating and making these wonderful maps! :)

Since @Celaquil has stepped down as judge I am also formally pulling my entry from the contest. I am not interested in participating in contests that are decided purely by votes. Not that I think the results would be any different, @Avahor did an amazing job with his entry and deserves this win 100%. @Azurot also has an amazing entry.

The reasons I don't want to participate if there are no judges are:
  • Friend votes, historically speaking, have been rampant, and many people just vote for the people they "know", rather than the best entry.
  • Voters won't give actual feedback. When I submit an entry I want to have actual feedback from judges who have thoroughly tested/analyzed what I made. A big thanks to @Celaquil for actually taking the time to test all entries and give proper feedback, despite having stepped down as judge.
  • Edited to add: Also, voters will not have the contest rules/requirements in mind when voting, and will mostly vote for the most "flashy" or "cool" entry, regardless of how well it adheres to the contest theme.

The new thing we have with deciding contests purely by votes is a bad thing, and I probably won't be participating in any future contests until we revert to how it was previously. One potential fix to this is to find judges BEFORE the contest is approved.

--

@Celaquil as for the stuff you pointed out in my map; I could have done a lot more with the map, I just didn't have time or passion to add a lot more variation. It could be less square, more mountains that you can walk on, more landmarks, not only ramparts, etc etc. You should review the map based on how you experience the map in your game. I used Quenching mod for my walkthrough, that's why it looks shinier.

Last edited:
Level 15
So sad to read Feelsgoodman's post. He has a point on how contest ends and how terms and conditions have evolved from starting date. Indeed, we all know how unobjective can be voting option without arguments, which is very different from those old contests where people voted and posted into the thread their
reasoning, without being forced to do. What happened. It's just the age we're living. UX and interfaces tends to facilitate user interaction reducing steps to finish any task, making us free to leave the thing just after doing some clicks. there's a side effect. We lose the taste of writing a reasoning, an article or anything which can be larger than 3 lines (Except for @Retera ). So, at this point I have to say thank you Keiji, for your words and thanks to Azurot for making this party very very entertaining leaded by Feelsgoodman. It's true, we as creators love reasoning over votes.

About Celaquil feedback, you're right man, I've failed on being very ambitious on my entry, the original idea was to make a grid of 5x5 stages with closeable entrances to make differents paths every time a player leaves the glade. I've finished almost 18-20 stages and no cloaseable entrances were added. Map is uncomplete, as you can check on no sense triggers that it has xD. That's the source of your doubths about the corners and empty areas. Anyway I greatly appreciatte your thoughs about what you experienced into. It's exactly what I wanted. Thank you man.

What to say about entries. I was sure Feelsgoodman would be the winner. Because he is an arquitect in terms of map designing. His Abysal Frostforge is amazing, I loved the feeling of deep and loneliness while walking over those huge pieces of cold stones. mostly of things what I did on my entry were done under Feelsgoodman tutorials steps.

About Azurot's entry. It was amazing to look, remembering some feelings of being child looking an Indiana Jones movies. I loved the use of rubbles that Azurot did on their map. I wasn't able to find any better form to use them as Azurot did. And while I wanted to find models of fine and softly big stones He made a entire path with roots over stones. cool man!

About the contest, I still have no emited my vote, and I will not, so dont know how it is going besides the clue Feels left in previous post.
thank guys for making this contest. It was very fun to explore new forms of map making.

At this point It's clear that English isn't my native languaje, so deal with it.
XD

Last edited:
Level 36
Since @Celaquil has stepped down as judge I am also formally pulling my entry from the contest.

Pulling your entry at this point seems, well. Pointless.

I get that you are disappointed, but by doing so you are technically lowering the number of participants to a tally that makes the whole contest forfeit.
I hope you'll reconsider, because as already stated: At best, it won't make a difference, at worst it'll annul the contest altogether, but mostly I hope you'll reconsider out of respect toward your fellow contestants.

I also want to make it clear that I decided to step down as a judge because it didn't seem like a second judge was forthcoming, and I didn't want to be robbed of the possibility to vote in the contest, seeing as my judging would carry no actual weight on it's own.

I am not interested in participating in contests that are decided purely by votes. Not that I think the results would be any different, @Avahor did an amazing job with his entry and deserves this win 100%. @Azurot also has an amazing entry.

Understandable. Though I do want to point out that this was the premise from the very start of the contest. Thus, you signed up for this possibility by deciding to take part in the contest to begin with. Going back on that decision at this point is a stone's throw from being childish in my eyes, even though I understand that it is a decision fueled by frustration.

The new thing we have with deciding contests purely by votes is a bad thing, and I probably won't be participating in any future contests until we revert to how it was previously. One potential fix to this is to find judges BEFORE the contest is approved.

You raise very good points, points I am sure I have echoed in the past, but I do feel I need to point out that this is not a new thing. The rule of a contest being decided by public vote unless a minimum of two judges can be found is almost as old as the hive itself. The major difference between then and now, and probable source of why you might think it's a new thing, is the size of the community. When the community was bigger, it was easier to find judges, so we didn't really have to rely on the public poll in singularity to decide a contest. However, now the community is so small that in order to have enough participants you may have to run a contest without judges, seeing as the judges and participants are more or less the same people.

An amendment to this, which is also a way I did it in the past when hosting contests, would be to find judges before the contest was officially started.

@Celaquil as for the stuff you pointed out in my map; I could have done a lot more with the map, I just didn't have time or passion to add a lot more variation.

Sad to hear that.

You should review the map based on how you experience the map in your game. I used Quenching mod for my walkthrough, that's why it looks shinier.

Hm. Not gonna say that weirdly sounds like a weird photoshop workaround to improve the look of your terrain, but I guess it's not against the rules, so there's that. I'll consider adding a few points to my review later, if you want me to.

So, at this point I have to say thank you Keiji

Aw, referencing my old username, I'm touched :´)

-

Anyway, I completely understand your frustration, both of you, but the best way to approach a problem like this is by stepping forward as a good example. There is nothing stopping participants from reviewing and giving feedback to each other, especially when the poll is up and the contest is basically "over" anyway, left to the devices of the demonic powers of the general public or the sadistic pleasure of judges. If you want people to understand that they should show more passion, you have to show them what passion is, I find. And in that regard: I commend you Avahor, for taking up the mantle, I only hope people will follow ^^

Last edited:
Pulling your entry at this point seems, well. Pointless.
It may seem pointless, but with only 3 contestants I will get a reward for being 3rd place. I don't want a reward for a contest I don't want to participate in.
I get that you are disappointed, but by doing so you are technically lowering the number of participants to a tally that makes the whole contest forfeit.
I hope you'll reconsider, because as already stated: At best, it won't make a difference, at worst it'll annul the contest, but mostly I hope you'll reconsider out of respect toward your fellow contestants.
Sure if it annuls the contest I'll suck it up and participate, however, we've had contests with only 2 participants previously so I don't think this should be an issue.
Understandable. Though I do want to point out that this was the premise from the very start of the contest. Thus, you signed up for this possibility by deciding to take part in the contest to begin with. Going back on that decision at this point is a stone's throw from being childish in my eyes, even though I understand that it is a decision fueled by frustration.
Call me childish if you will, but this premise is something new in my eyes, since it hasn't been enforced the past 5 years or so. I'll get to this in a bit.
but I do feel I need to point out that this is not a new thing. The rule of a contest being decided by public vote unless a minimum of two judges can be found is almost as old as the hive itself. The major difference between then and now, and probable source of why you might think it's a new thing, is the size of the community.
The thing is that I've hosted contests, and participated in contests, the past 6 years where there have been a serious shortage of judges. Every single time we waited for a judge, and actively looked for judges. Not once was the alternative to decide a contest purely based on votes brought up as a viable option. Maybe it was a thing way back, then removed, and now re-introduced. I don't know, but I have seen this being up for discussion as a "new thing", like 3-4 months ago (maye longer). This also goes for other contests I have observed. I dare say the past 6 years, 100% of contests have been decided by judges, with the single exception of the latest scenic terrain contest I was a part of (where I also voiced my displeasure in purely vote-based contests) a few months ago.
Hm. Not gonna say that weirdly sounds like a weird photoshop workaround to improve the look of your terrain, but I guess it's not against the rules, so there's that.
Well, it's a public resource on Hive that everyone can download and install. It requires no skills, unlike PS where the end result of the edited images actually depends on the users skill.

I won't delve a lot deeper into it, I have already made my arguments for why I am against this. Although it may not be a new thing, the enforcement of it is most definitely new. If the contest is annulled due to me not participating then add me back into the list of contestants.

Level 36
The thing is that I've hosted contests, and participated in contests, the past 6 years where there have been a serious shortage of judges. Every single time we waited for a judge, and actively looked for judges. Not once was the alternative to decide a contest purely based on votes brought up as a viable option. Maybe it was a thing way back, then removed, and now re-introduced. I don't know, but I have seen this being up for discussion as a "new thing", like 3-4 months ago (maye longer). This also goes for other contests I have observed. I dare say the past 6 years, 100% of contests have been decided by judges, with the single exception of the latest scenic terrain contest I was a part of (where I also voiced my displeasure in purely vote-based contests) a few months ago.

My apologies, I do tend to forget that there has been a significant (4-5ish years) gap in my activity on this site. I am again reminded that some things are not and have not been as constant as I keep thinking they have been. And had I known there would be a "witch hunt" for judges in order to complete the necessary minimum I probably wouldn't have stepped down, but the way Archian responded to my concerns made it seem "clear", maybe wrongfully so, to me that me staying on as a judge would serve no actual purpose. Maybe I've been too used to official contests being more rigid and less flexible in regards to set rules, flexibility for the purpose of pleasing everyone was not very big back in the day.

It seems to me we should have a proper discussion in regard to these matters before we rush into another official contest.

Call me childish if you will

I'd like to be clear: I said it was close to childish, not that it was childish, please don't misconstrue me, I did and do as I said understand and respect your reasoning. Semantics, I know, but still.

Well, it's a public resource on Hive that everyone can download and install. It requires no skills, unlike PS where the end result of the edited images actually depends on the users skill.

Certainly. And this is not the time to discuss it, but it might be something needing to be discussed, I think.

My apologies, I do tend to forget that there has been a significant (4-5ish years) gap in my activity on this site. I am again reminded that some things are not and have not been as constant as I keep thinking they have been. And had I known there would be a "witch hunt" for judges in order to complete the necessary minimum I probably wouldn't have stepped down, but the way Archian responded to my concerns made it seem "clear", maybe wrongfully, to me that me staying on as a judge would serve no actual purpose. Maybe I've been too used to official contests being more rigid and less flexible in regards to set rules, flexibility for the purpose of pleasing everyone was not very big back in the day.
It seems like contest rules have been increasingly more flexible during the time I've been here. Especially when it comes to extensions, and other things. There have also been many contests with only 1 judge, so that's another. Although 1 judge is not optimal, it's way better than no judge at all. Why we choose to decide the contest by poll only when we have 1 perfectly capable judge is a mystery to me, to be honest.
It seems to me we should have a proper discussion in regard to these matters before we rush into another official contest.
Indeed. In my opinion there should have been a public poll or something to test the waters, and check in with people what they actually prefer, rather than suddenly starting to enforce these very old requirements. Anyhow, I'm not the owner of this site, hell, I'm not even a member of staff, so I won't tell anyone how it should be ran. I'm just voicing my opinion.
Certainly. And this is not the time to discuss it, but it might be something needing to be discussed, I think.
For sure. Just to mention though, in this contest I specifically mentioned it being allowed in the contest rules (as opposed to it being allowed because it's not strictly against the rules/unmentioned), so contestants could check it out for themselves if they didn't already know about it. So I don't think it was unfair, or that I acted in bad faith (not saying you're saying I did, just want to get it out there in case there ever was any doubt).

Level 36
It seems like contest rules have been increasingly more flexible during the time I've been here.

A natural development of a dwindling community, I reckon.

Although 1 judge is not optimal, it's way better than no judge at all. Why we choose to decide the contest by poll only when we have 1 perfectly capable judge is a mystery to me, to be honest.

Probably to avoid bias.

Maybe the discussion shouldn't be whether or not a contest needs a minimum of two judges, but rather what the impact of only having one judge should be (to avoid tyranny-- err, Bias). But this should probably be discussed in a separate thread. (Also, don't think I'm not seeing your veiled compliment, it is highly encouraged ;))

Anyhow, I'm not the owner of this site, hell, I'm not even a member of staff, so I won't tell anyone how it should be ran. I'm just voicing my opinion.

Never think like this, staff and owner might run the site, but we are the community, and staff that doesn't listen to their community quickly learns how detrimental that can be (ZT).

Level 14
Ultimately, I think a great deal of the general frustration here is stemming from a lack of engagement in the forums as a whole. Which, for me at least, is perfectly understandable from both sides.

Do I wish we could have had three capable judges and eight or more entries? Of course. However, we all know WC3 is an ancient game with limited (nonexistent) support, that usually only further frustrates modders when it does appear. So to expect or hope for a higher level of engagement, especially from people who have been modding for decades, and have generally moved on with their lives, is a losing battle.

I understand that Feelsgoodman put a lot of work into trying to make this happen, and I thank him for it - solely for giving me a little bit more inspiration to devote to an old hobby that still brings me a lot of joy to work on. At the end of the day, the ranking of my work is completely secondary to generating inspiration and/or discussion from other, like-minded modders and friends.

@Avahor fantastic map, new friend.

@Celaquil Thank you dearly for the words and time spent reviewing our maps, old friend.

@FeelsGoodMan And thank you for putting forth all this effort into attempting to rally a crumbling hobby for many of us. This contest has inspired me in many ways, and I hope that you won't take the disorganization of a disillusioned and aging userbase as a personal slight.

Probably to avoid bias.
I was thinking the same, but it's harder to avoid bias if you have by vote only. A judge have to at least attempt to stay impartial, while votes won't care (not generalizing voters here, but this is true for many people who vote).
Maybe the discussion shouldn't be whether or not a contest needs a minimum of two judges, but rather that the impact of the judging should have less impact if there is only one (to avoid tyranny-- err, Bias). But this should probably be discussed in a separate thread. (Also, don't think I'm not seeing your veiled compliment, it is highly encouraged ;)
A good suggestion.

Level 36
And thank you for putting forth all this effort into attempting to rally a crumbling hobby for many of us. This contest has inspired me in many ways, and I hope that you won't take the disorganization of a disillusioned and aging userbase as a personal slight.

Hear hear!

Maybe I thought that went without saying, but saying it is better: Thank you for all the effort you put into this, FeelsGoodMan :)

It... Feels good, man.. >.>

Ultimately, I think a great deal of the general frustration here is stemming from a lack of engagement in the forums as a whole. Which, for me at least, is perfectly understandable from both sides.

Do I wish we could have had three capable judges and eight or more entries? Of course. However, we all know WC3 is an ancient game with limited (nonexistent) support, that usually only further frustrates modders when it does appear. So to expect or hope for a higher level of engagement, especially from people who have been modding for decades, and have generally moved on with their lives, is a losing battle.
Lack of engagement is fine, and as you said, understandable. I just think it's so unnecessary to decide a contest on votes when we already had one judge.

I understand that Feelsgoodman put a lot of work into trying to make this happen, and I thank him for it - solely for giving me a little bit more inspiration to devote to an old hobby that still brings me a lot of joy to work on. At the end of the day, the ranking of my work is completely secondary to generating inspiration and/or discussion from other, like-minded modders and friends.
Thanks, I rather enjoy hosting contests. I'm also gonna add that, although the main reason I mod in general is to create something I enjoy, and to inspire others, a contest is exactly that; A contest for people to compete against each other, and to get their works ranked.

@FeelsGoodMan And thank you for putting forth all this effort into attempting to rally a crumbling hobby for many of us. This contest has inspired me in many ways, and I hope that you won't take the disorganization of a disillusioned and aging userbase as a personal slight.
Hear hear!

Maybe I thought that went without saying, but saying it is better: Thank you for all the effort you put into this, FeelsGoodMan :)
Thanks guys, I'm glad you participated as contestant, and judge (or at least intended to).

Level 36
If there was, they'd surely have made themselves known by now.

Besides, officiating my judging now seems silly to me, I already decided to step down and made my "judging" public and voted in the poll.

But if you're hellbent on this, I'm sure a judge will have to be sought, rather than sitting around hoping a magic bean will sprout and reveal one.

Clearly Celaquil just didn't want his unconditional love for me to invalidate the results.

;)