• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

» Warcraft III - Paranoia

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 14
bah then you dont have too. Weve got alot of goodie sneakspeeks of the project, so im pretty sure that we all can wait for the release :) oh and ive been wanting too ask you about something. When the beta testers are going too test your map, are we all gonna test it at the same time over the internet or lan or do we all get a copy of the beta map too play it in single player? Because i cant play over battle.net atm because im using a copy of my own warcraft on another computer because i cant find the cd

Level 14
bah then you dont have too. Weve got alot of goodie sneakspeeks of the project, so im pretty sure that we all can wait for the release :) oh and ive been wanting too ask you about something. When the beta testers are going too test your map, are we all gonna test it at the same time over the internet or lan or do we all get a copy of the beta map too play it in single player? Because i cant play over battle.net atm because im using a copy of my own warcraft on another computer because i cant find the cd

ofcourse you can play it in the singleplayer mode that was one reason for the creating of a player AI and yes all beta tester will be able to download the newest closed beta version and it is not really important to me to know if you have a pirated wc3 or not but it is important that the beta testers doesen't upload the map/files or everything of the project to the public. Btw. the beta testers will be able to play with me together if they want to see my special admin weapons xD and want to give me instant bug report or feedback.

Level 5
Hey! Sorry for My inactivity, I've been to hospital due to an accident, who cares. Anyway, Im really glad to see that you keep the project alive and it's really near to be finished. I don't know how exactly does it look like but Im sure you will suprise us with features. Actually I want to congratulate you to make it this far (sounds like finishing a quest o.o) and wish you best luck since now.

On the other hand, am I still in the beta team? Just curious because Im kinda afraid that you'll expect me to share more thoughts...

I hope it's not deadly...

Level 4
Hey! Sorry for My inactivity, I've been to hospital due to an accident, who cares. Anyway, Im really glad to see that you keep the project alive and it's really near to be finished. I don't know how exactly does it look like but Im sure you will suprise us with features. Actually I want to congratulate you to make it this far (sounds like finishing a quest o.o) and wish you best luck since now.

On the other hand, am I still in the beta team? Just curious because Im kinda afraid that you'll expect me to share more thoughts...

I hope it's not deadly...
CONGRATULATIONS!! YOUR ALIVE!!!! Hope you won't stay that way though....joking!!
And I guess you're still one :D

Level 5
CONGRATULATIONS!! YOUR ALIVE!!!!

No, I ran away from My funeral to check how goes the progress.

Hope you won't stay that way though....joking!!

:goblin_cry: No rly, I can stop coming whenever you want. NOT.

And I guess you're still one :D

Well, that's awesome although I've got failwagon connection this month and It might hopefully change next month. So... it would be hard to test anything with you mates.

I can stop coming whenever you want
Bro, rephrase this immediately.
it is important that the beta testers doesen't upload the map/files or everything of the project to the public.
I swear by the Seven Holy Rings that I will not upload/extract any files within the map or the map itself.

Level 5
@ GhostTruster

Sorry, My English speech sucks so Im not aware of most of my mistakes. I don't know what's wrong with it though.

@ Grievous1
Thanks, that's cool.

About spreading the content, you just have to trust the beta testing team. I can't speak in the name of whole team but you can trust Me, I have no interest in uploading it anywhere. It will be released in future anyway.

I'll eat my own socks when I'll see further progress, I'am sure of that.

Im not joking...

Level 5
@ Grievous1
Thanks, that's cool.

About spreading the content, you just have to trust the beta testing team. I can't speak in the name of whole team but you can trust Me, I have no interest in uploading it anywhere. It will be released in future anyway.

I'll eat my own socks when I'll see further progress, I'am sure of that.

Im not joking...

You think we trust everybody in the CB-Team yep atm maybe :p but in the most cb-teams are people that give that to their friends and they give that to their friends,.. and then somebody uploads it and then it's online i know this, this is really bad, but hopefully we don't have anyone who do this D:

Btw Status:
ToDo:
Bugfixes maybe 3 or something like that
Player AI
Other Features =)

Level 5
Honestly, I have no friends.
Not sure about rest of our squad but well, I belive in them since they are old members on HW. At least they were here much earlier than me.

So I suppose that player AI is functional now, or do you suspect any bugs that might appear?

@Down

You have discovered My evil mights, you have to die now!

Last edited:
@PastTime: Well, in colloquial English, there are several less...appropriate...meanings for coming.

And lol, all the beta-testers are pretty new to THW (me included).

You think we trust everybody in the CB-Team yep atm maybe :p but in the most cb-teams are people that give that to their friends and they give that to their friends,.. and then somebody uploads it and then it's online i know this, this is really bad, but hopefully we don't have anyone who do this D:
I have friends, though they don't play Wc3 and only play Minecraft :p

Level 5
@GhostThruster

I guess it should be "coming back" then?
Well I didn't know there were so many meanings until I used google translator. But on the other hand you never know if they are reliable. Offtopic is cool, but thanks for correcting me.

On topic
Is there a full feature list of stuff that's done now? Would help most people to make suggestions, if you accept any of course.

Level 4
Not. I bet your cake is a lie.
YOU PLAYED PORTAL?? I'm watching a series of Portal 2 now. If you want I could send you the link for the 1st episode.

Back to topic....
@Grievous When are you on most of the time? I'm currently active at night times(8 pm onnwards +8GMT) I want to try them ;)
@ModoX Good Job!! I hope you all manage to finish this by the end of this week since my exams start 2 weeks from now....
On the bright side, I got 1 week holiday starting 30th May :D

Level 7
Portal...listening to Still Alive/Want You Gone is still my version of carbonated sugary drinks when mining for 3 hours straight in EVE.

Level 4
This is soooo gonna be the greatest map once it is released as a finished game.

-Grievous1 goes on computer-
"Lets check the downloads"
-Clicks link and checks download-
-Stares.....-
"ITS OVER NINE THOUSAND!!!"

Level 14
Yes I hope it too that the testers will enjoy the gameplay but I think I have improved together with modox a lot of things since the inoffical alpha version. Here a little ingame screenshot I know the text tag and the healthbar has some issues but we are working hard on it to improve everything what you can see currently in this picture: and yes this guys in this screenshots are bots...

Ingame%20Screenshot%201.png

Level 7
Sick, it's so much more polished now. I only recommend that the player names be changed to something more visible in dark/grey environments.

Level 14
i must say that i dont like the map in the corner.

I have already said that almost everthing in this screenshot is work in progress :/

here a little update with little UI changes and fixxed healthbars and name texttags and a new little feature for the healthbars now they will be transparent if they comes in range with a unit and the bots can use now combat knifes too.
screeny2.png

Level 14
bla not possible. ive tried everything myself..
its only possible if you could create some kinda menu when someone is typing something like... -rader or -map or something, then a menu should come up with a lot of screen pictures changing every second.. duno how to explain it better lol.

Level 5
bla not possible. ive tried everything myself..
its only possible if you could create some kinda menu when someone is typing something like... -rader or -map or something, then a menu should come up with a lot of screen pictures changing every second.. duno how to explain it better lol.

lol it's possible and i think we'll do that and use it as radar or something like that :>

Level 5
1. Awesome health bars under the characters. Will improve team play (for example: squad will know who is in danger of dying).
2. UI just looks as good as horde of zombies beign killed with chainsaw! (that means it looks tasty).
3. The map art is kinda confusing, it is a radar but if it wouldn't work (as emo2love said above). Then it would be better to put something like credits or art "Paranoia by Fusion Engineering Group".

But overally I love the atmosphere, it's giving Me chills now.

Level 5
3. The map art is kinda confusing, it is a radar but if it wouldn't work (as emo2love said above)
it's possible and i think we use that as a radar like in Counter-Strike or something else, to locate the enemys and friends :>

btw we have 2 ways for that
1. idea -> much delay
2. idea -> not much delay and easy to code :>

btw. sorry, but the closed beta is moved a bit not that i've said sry. But we can start the closed beta in 1 - 2 weeks i hope because only 1 feature and some bug fixes are needed :>

Level 14
Guys please look at the time indicator its already a logo and will shows you our short credits list... anyway I want to say it again all what you can see in our pictures are still work in progress so please don't stop tracking if you don't like something maybe we will change it in the future to something better than yet.

Level 5
Yes, that's what I meant. Btw, it's Sorceress who said it :p

It's still the same person tho. I think(unless she changed her personality).

On the other hand, Im pretty sure nobody will quit tracking because of minimap. It doesn't change the gameplay aspects or anything important in this map.

Level 15
It's still the same person tho. I think(unless she changed her personality).

On the other hand, Im pretty sure nobody will quit tracking because of minimap. It doesn't change the gameplay aspects or anything important in this map.
You have the point. I am inactive with posting here, but I`m tracking.
It is important that map is fun to play, and I`m sure that Grievous1 can make it so. ^^

Level 19
Should we get a mod from the Chat?

Anyways, back on topic:
Will there be too much gore in this? It seems my little brother is interested when he saw it too lol.

Level 4
Will there be too much gore in this? It seems my little brother is interested when he saw it too lol.
Your brother will grow up into a zombie killing machine if he plays this.....
BTW ModoX can you place a date on when you might actually finish the beta?

You know, this thread should be cleaned up. There's a bit too much spam as of late.
Thanks for contributing.
I hope so! :p
BTW ModoX can you place a date on when you might actually finish the beta?
1. You should ask Grievous1, since he's, you know, the boss.
2. You shouldn't ask.

Level 14
1. You know, this thread should be cleaned up. There's a bit too much spam as of late.

This makes me laugh... ^^

2. Will there be too much gore in this? It seems my little brother is interested when he saw it too lol.

Sure I added some new blood effects and you can burning soon zombies and humans ^^

3. BTW ModoX can you place a date on when you might actually finish the beta?

you guys should better ask me things like that btw. I can already say now what we need to add for the closed beta start...

-Chat System needs to be fixxed
-Add a new weapon (I don't want to tell you which kind of weapon ^^)
-Diversant/Terrorist System must be finished
-Player AI needs some bug fixxes

to the minimap topic: the radar will be important for the gameplay because it shows you the enemy position but if you don't want to see how much enemys you must kill then I will remove it ^^ and I wish you much fun with dying *laugh*

Level 5
I think it would be scary if we don't know what we're dealing with and how many friends does it have...
Im thinking about these pesky terrorists, wouldn't they use a jammer or something like that to prevent from beign detected?

Status
Not open for further replies.