• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Undead Damage Aura?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Hello :) I'm looking to recreate the effects from the Undead Reign of Chaos Campaign mission Siege of Dalaran. The one where whenever an undead unit enters the Energy Field they take damage overtime until they exit the Field, however any living unit does not. I tried a few different attempts but none of them seem to be working. Does anyone know how to do this?

Level 5
That sort of depends how you want it. I think this trigger should be close enough to what you want.

What this trigger will do is damage all undead enemies in the region. It doesn't do anything else
  • Energy Burn
    • Events
      • Time - Every 1.00 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set UnitGroup = (Units in Energy Shield Region <gen>)
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in UnitGroup and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            • If - Conditions
              • ((Picked unit) is Undead) Equal to True
            • Then - Actions
              • Unit - Cause (Picked unit) to damage (Picked unit), dealing 50.00 damage of attack type Magic and damage type Normal
            • Else - Actions
      • Custom script: call DestroyGroup (udg_UnitGroup)
But if you want to do this in a circle or some other shape, that can get a bit more complicated. You can also add on extra effects or whatever, but this is probably as basic as it can get. If this doesn't work good enough for you, say something and I'll try to adjust it to what you want. :goblin_good_job:

Status
Not open for further replies.