• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Need a Dalaran Field for my map

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hi peeps,
On my map, I want to make a specific field on the map where if the enemy enters upon it, they will receive damage over time. Just like the Dalaran field in one of the human campaign mission. Can someone write me up a trigger on how to do this? :grin:

I've attempted to do this, but it has failed. :(
Here is what I have so far:

event - unit enters region (aura of death)
condition - I'm pretty certain that a condition is required, but I'm not sure which to choose
action - ? I'm not sure which action to choose

Last edited:
Level 35
Would do like this: (just forget enter region)
  • Events
    • Time - Every 5.00 seconds of game
  • Conditions
    • None
  • Actions
    • Unit - Group - Pick every unit in (Units in Dalaran Shield Dmg Region <gen>((Owner of (Maching unit)) equal to Player 2 (Blue))) and do (Actions)
      • Loop - Actions
        • Unit - Cause No Unit to damage (Picked unit), dealing 10.00 damage of attack type Spells and damage type Divine
Note: Maybe skip the condition, and just use pick all units in region maching condition. (where the condition is that they are owned by player Brown, would be better)
Edit: When saying maching would be better I thinks I also correct my trigger to it.

Last edited:
[trigger="Trigger 1"]Events
Unit - A unit enters YourRegion
Conditions
Blargh
Actions
Trigger - Turn on Damage over Time[/trigger][trigger="Trigger 2"]Events
Unit - A unit leaves YourRegion
Conditions
Blargh
Actions
Trigger - Turn off Damage over Time[/trigger][trigger="Damage over Time"]Damage over Time
Events
Time - Every 1.00 seconds of game time
Conditions
Actions
Custom script: set bj_wantDestroyGroup = true
Unit Group - Pick every unit in (YourRegion) and do (Actions)
Loop - Actions
Unit - Cause (Stick in some unit owned by an enemy) to deal 10 damage of type Blah, etc[/trigger]

Level 10
Pyrite yours wouldnt work if 1 enemy unit enters region, another enters, then one exits. The damage spell would be off but there would still be one enemy unit in the region. Use this trigger:

• DOT
    • Events
      • Time - Every [COLOR="Red"]5.00[/COLOR] seconds of game time
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Custom script: set bj_wantDestroyGroup = true
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units in (Playable map area) matching (((Matching unit) belongs to an enemy of [COLOR="Red"]Player 1 (Red))[/COLOR] Equal to True)) and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Unit - Set life of (Picked unit) to ((Life of (Picked unit)) - [COLOR="Red"]15.00[/COLOR])
Set "Player 1 (Red))" to wichever player is an enemy of the people you want to be damaged. The 15.00 is how muhc life they will lose, also the interval for damage can be changed.

Level 5
Just curious, since I know some C++ and trying to make sense of the triggering system of WE/War3.

Set life of (Picked unit) to ((Life of (Picked unit)) - 15.00)

So, that doesn't take a units health and set it to 15 hp every 5 secs? but makes them lose 15 hp every 5 secs

Level 35
cuz you forgot to pick the units.
And I think it would be more efficient if you would use a filterfunc instead of the conditionfunc (so pick all units matching "owner of matching unit = player 12" )

I am so sure you didnt read my post....
I did pick the units (read the trigger)
I did say that maching condition maybe would work better.
Doh!

[trigger="Trigger 1"]Events
Unit - A unit enters YourRegion
Conditions
(Owner of (Triggering unit)) = InsertPlayerHere
Actions
Trigger - Turn on Damage over Time[/trigger][trigger="Trigger 2"]Events
Unit - A unit leaves YourRegion
Conditions
(Number of units matching ((Owner of (Matching Unit)) = InsertPlayerHere) in YourRegion) is equal to 0
(Owner of (Triggering unit)) = InsertPlayerHere
Actions
Trigger - Turn off Damage over Time[/trigger][trigger="Damage over Time"]Damage over Time
Events
Time - Every 5.00 seconds of game time
Conditions
Actions
Custom script: set bj_wantDestroyGroup = true
Unit Group - Pick every unit in (YourRegion) and do (Actions)
Loop - Actions
Unit - Set (Picked Unit)'s life to ((Current life of (Picked Unit)) - 15)[/trigger]

Okay fixed.

Level 6
I am so sure you didnt read my post....
I did pick the units (read the trigger)
I did say that maching condition maybe would work better.
Doh!

Uh I did not see the
Note: Maybe skip the condition, and just use pick all units in region maching condition. (where the condition is that they are owned by player Brown)

But you did not pick the Units. Really not.
You only have the condition in it....
I am so sure you didn't read your own post ;)

Level 35
I believe he's just pointing out that your condition is totally wrong, Red Baron. You can't speak about a "picked unit" condition if you never said something like "pick every unit and do actions".

Okay thanks for clearing out what he meant.. agree on that (jsut not that the condition is totaly wrong though, it is correct. I miss placed my pick unit only. Fixed the trigger in my post, but I do think that it was unnesesary to post other triggers, someone could just have wrote:
"RED you placed your pick units action the wrong place"... wonder why they always complicat things.

Last edited:
Level 10
We were not complicating things, do not get defenseive. This thread should be closed more then enough information has been posted to answer the op's post.

Level 3
Oh wow, I come back a couple of days later to see so many comments! Thank You, my query was answered by the many helpful responses.

Status
Not open for further replies.