• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Casting on Minimap?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Any way to allow a unit to cast on the minimap? I need to make a point-targeted teleport that allows the player to teleport anywhere on the minimap but channel won't let me :(

Level 5
You might try triggering it. When the ability is cast, create effects yourself and move the unit by triggers.. Don't know how that will work with Pathing though..

How do you mean? I can't detect the target point of ability being cast because the ability isn't cast since channel won't let me cast on the minimap while the camera is locked.

Level 26
You need to periodically renew the lock anyway because it can be disabled by the player with ctrl+c. The lock prevents from clicking the minimap. Blizzard thought the player should not be allowed to change camera location and clicking the minimap would have been another method for this, so they deactivated it altogether.

Status
Not open for further replies.