• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

[General] [Help] Dota like Scroll of Town Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Hi guys i need help on making Scroll of Town Portal like DotA but please in GUI i don't understand jass.
Here's the info about the item

SCROLL OF TOWN PORTAL :

Teleports you to an allied building
Can be targeted at a point up to 525 range away from the building instead of directly on it, it will teleport you to that spot instead
If the targeted point is closer than 50 range to the tower, 70 will be used as the distance from the tower instead
When you use Teleport, the minimap is pinged for your allies at the target location of your teleport, and you are given 200 AoE vision at the target location for the duration of the teleport
When the teleport finishes, trees are destroyed around the landing spot in a 480x480 square
The casting time of the teleport is determined by how many allies have targeted a Scroll of Town Portal in a 1100 AoE around your target location in the last 25 seconds
For each recent allied teleport in the area, time is added to your Teleport's casting time (2 seconds for the first recent allied teleport, 1 second for each additional one), the default casting time is 3 seconds
Recent allied teleports have no effect if the target is in the fountain area
Shares cooldown with Boots of Travel
Costs 75 Mana, and has a 65 second cooldown

Level 15
Hi guys i need help on making Scroll of Town Portal like DotA but please in GUI i don't understand jass.
Here's the info about the item

SCROLL OF TOWN PORTAL :

Teleports you to an allied building
Can be targeted at a point up to 525 range away from the building instead of directly on it, it will teleport you to that spot instead
If the targeted point is closer than 50 range to the tower, 70 will be used as the distance from the tower instead
When you use Teleport, the minimap is pinged for your allies at the target location of your teleport, and you are given 200 AoE vision at the target location for the duration of the teleport
When the teleport finishes, trees are destroyed around the landing spot in a 480x480 square
The casting time of the teleport is determined by how many allies have targeted a Scroll of Town Portal in a 1100 AoE around your target location in the last 25 seconds
For each recent allied teleport in the area, time is added to your Teleport's casting time (2 seconds for the first recent allied teleport, 1 second for each additional one), the default casting time is 3 seconds
Recent allied teleports have no effect if the target is in the fountain area
Shares cooldown with Boots of Travel
Costs 75 Mana, and has a 65 second cooldown

Well you can use the default scroll of town portal ability to perform the action (just change the valid target to any allied building, or you might have to give town hall property to every building, and I think there's a range you can modify too for the distance you want).

But all the other effects of the ability will have to be done with triggers. I don't know GUI, but I'm sure someone will come up soon to give you the run down.

Status
Not open for further replies.