• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] Research Upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Okay, I have this trigger here, but there's an issue... Here's the trigger:
  • Molecule EVO Attack Copy
    • Events
      • Dialog - A dialog button is clicked for MolEvo1D
    • Conditions
      • (Clicked dialog button) Equal to MolEvo1B[2]
      • (Current research level of Attack Level 1 (Evolution) for Player 1 (Red)) Less than 4
    • Actions
      • Player - Set the current research level of Attack Level 1 (Evolution) to 1 for Player 1 (Red)
      • Player - Add -10 to Player 1 (Red) Current lumber
Now... You see this part
  • Actions
    • Player - Set the current research level of Attack Level 1 (Evolution) to 1 for Player 1 (Red)
Yeah, I want that to INCREASE the level, instead of SET the level... Anyone have any ideas? Thank's for helping! I'll also throw you in the credits ;)

Level 3
try to find
Get the current research level of Attack Level 1 (Evolution) of Player 1 (Red)
option and make math operation "+1" with it, then set value to.

Um... Okay, I'll look...

Edit: Yeah sorry, I can't find it... Where would it be located? Is it under Player or Unit ETC???

Level 4
Um... Okay, I'll look...

Edit: Yeah sorry, I can't find it... Where would it be located? Is it under Player or Unit ETC???

What I think he means is that instead of setting the level to 1, go the Arithmetic, and in that arithmetic, it would be the current level of the research + 1

Level 3
What I think he means is that instead of setting the level to 1, go the Arithmetic, and in that arithmetic, it would be the current level of the research + 1

Where do I find the Arithmetic? I'm not sure... Can you put it in an example as a trigger?

Level 23
  • Actions
    • Player - Set the current research level of Iron Forged Swords to ((Current research level of Iron Forged Swords for (Triggering player)) + 1) for (Triggering player)
The (Current research level of Iron Forged Swords for (Triggering player) is under Player - Current level of Research for Player ...

Level 3
Ooh duhhh.. Thank's! I'll try it!

WOH! Thank's dude! It worked! I will add you in Credits :D! (This is my first map I will be releasing! The other maps will be released later on...)

Level 3
Well, I need to have SOMEONE on the credits list! Besides, this map wouldn't be possible without you XD! That SINGLE line of code, was a MAIN part of the map!

You start our as a cell, and you have to evolve into other creatures, based on your decisions, is what you evolve into! Now, to change creature, like I just said, it's VERY expensive... But, you SHOULD evolve your Damage, Health, Attack Speed... So you can kill other guys! Other-wise you wouldn't last after your first fight with another cell... :3

Status
Not open for further replies.