• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

WinMPQ v1.64

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Reactions: deepstrasz and Wrda
This tool originates from here

This is an mpq archiver that uses SFmpq. It has an interface somewhat similar to WinZip. It currently has many features and is one of the best mpq archivers around.
Contents

WinMPQ v1.64 (Binary)

Reviews
eejin
Use Ladik's MPQ Editor as it is the most up to date and complete MPQ editor
Level 2
I have a serious question about this.
OK.
I use the WinMPQ to import models and files yes.
I import the File into the map, then save & Close it.
Problem is, when I open the map i imported in, the model files are gone.
When I re-open in WinMPQ, the files are gone there also. (I thought it saved when clos)
Aside from all of that, someone please post a quick reply or quote on how i would go about importing these and making sure they STAY in the map file.

Level 2
dont try to edit the map once u import the files using mpq because if you save it it will convet back to tft
im not one hundred % sure why your files wouldent stay there but they should once u click add
the easyest way to do this is make a folder on your desktop export all the fils u want to that folder then import the hole folder into your map
make sure if ur converting to roc that u delete all the old files in the map befoe u import the new ones

Level 2
it doesnt work for me. I have xp. It says:

"This application has failed to start because VB40032.DLL was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem."

Ive downloaded it again and it still doesnt work.

Level 2
re

make sure you have microsoft framework 1.1 and 2.0 i beleve. you should have been asked if you waned to download these when you first updated windows xp.

Level 2
Known Error...

To all who got problems with WinMPQ error and Vista:

I know this error well.
You might have noticed the name of the missing file : VB40032.DLL
VB4... any idea of that?

It is the Virtual Basic 4 Library which is missing i think. This happen when you don't install VB4 (it is included in the .zip).

You might think you've installed VB4 because you ran setup.exe but theres one mistake i have done very often by myself :grin:

:fp::fp::fp:
There are 2 Setup.exe files. One is in the VBr4.zip, the other one is included in the RunPack3.zip.
If you choose multiple folders to unzip, the one setup.exe gets overwritten and you think nothing is missing.
Unzip Vbr4.zip first, run setup.exe.
Now it is better to take all extracted vbr4.zip files into an subdirectory and unzip RunPack3.zip now. There you have to run setup.exe again. Do the same as before ( putting in subdirectory) and now unzip WinMPQ.zip, run WinMPQ.exe

Now it should work!
But:
For Vista you might have to change the rights of the directory. Rightclick on it, settings, safety/security, at the bottom of the window click change
and click the required settings there, you should choose allow all!

Im sorry for the bad explanation of the last part but i am German so i just got the German names. In german it is Rightclick-> Eigenschaften -> Sicherheit -> at the bottom of the window Ändern -> Vollzugriff.
Maybe that help understanding

For Neyatu:
No, this is not used to make models. You can open the .w3m (RoC) and .w3x (Tft) warcraft map files like .zip or .rar archives. MPQ is just a file archive like the ones i have mentioned before. .w3m and .w3x are just other names, in real they are .mpq files.
WinMPW allow you to open these files and export/import data out of/into it and change them. Yes, that might be a model file but you cant create new models or else with WinMPQ, just view the files and change them.
Often MPQ-managers are also used to gain World of Warcraft Interface data, which is hidden in WoWs MPQ files.
As far as i know just blizzard games use MPQ archives.
Starcraft + Expansion,
Warcraft III + Warcraft III: Tft (unsure about Warcraft I and Warcraft II)
World of Warcraft

Level 1
I seem to be dumb but how can I replace or lets say add a file?
I wanted to replace the war3map.wts of one map with the one of another. So what I did is to delete the .wts of the one --> worked.
But it wasnt possible to add the other one. I had 16/17. Files and added (just per add file) the war3map.wts file I've extracted before from another mpq, but it didnt appear after I've added it. What did I make wrong?
btw it asked me whether I want to add a string which will be added before the name of the file. Is that the right function I'm using? Doesnt seem so.

Level 1
it doesnt work for me. I have xp. It says:

"This application has failed to start because VB40032.DLL was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem."
Hi,

http://www.fix-all-dll-errors.com/vb40032.dll/

Just visit this site...this will help in case of missing or downloading dll's , also if dll's are corrupted or errors in dll's..!
I registered few dll's from this site...worked in my case. :)

Level 19
man this program was working fine untill blizzard made a new patch!!now when you convert a tft map to a roc one wc3 can't read it :(
is somebody gonna find another way to convert maps or we gonna stay like this for ever? =/

EDIT:
lol nvm my last post xD
it was actually a mistake that i made that made the map unable to be readed by wc3 xD

EDIT 2:
OOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMFFFFFFFFFFFFGGGGGGGGGGG ARE YOU SERIOUS?
i can only transfer 60 imported data!!?? lllllllaaaaaaaaaaammmmmmmmmmmmeeeeeeeee!!!-_________-
map it's self takes about 15 omg!! this is sooooo limited version....
somebody hack it so we could tranfern unlimited imported data pls? :D

EDIT 3:
im just dropping by to post smth that might help ppl...
i was messing around with settings trying to enable unlimited imported data and i messed smth up and when i was converting map, the map was empty...
how to fix it: i just used system restore to go back 2 days when convertor was working fine *_*

Last edited:

dot

dot

Level 2
i have a question to edit the interface game of frozen throne what mpq to open? war3x?

Level 2
If you have problems getting this to run on windows 8.1 64 bit, try this:

reading through this http://support.microsoft.com/kb/896559/en-us tells you to install http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=10019 after you've done that, restart your pc, then install the setup.exe from RunPack3.zip (which is included in this download), should no longer tell you that it "can't load or register custom control comctl32.ocx", and winmpq should then work normally :)

if there's a problem with registering mscomctl.ocx, and the setup.exe contained in runpack3.zip can't access it, delete said file "mscomctl.ocx" if it exists in c:\windows\system32\ then run the setup and make sure that compatibility windows 7 sp2 and run as admin are selected. (windows 10 64 bit fix for WinMPQ)

Furthermore, WinMPQ should NOT be run in any compatability mode or as administrator on win10 64bit, it'll cause problems (personally WinMPQ always froze for me when I clicked the Options button).

Last edited:
Level 3
Did anyone manage to compile the sources for the SFMPQ library itself? I can't even figure out where to start with these. Granted, my C/Cpp is on amateur level, but maybe someone did this before and can give some hints?

WinMPQ has a command line interface shipped with it, which is perfect for me. I especially loved how it can parse argument lists from a file. Too bad it didn't quite work for me, but it might be due to my OS. It might work for someone else. See the about page in the program itself for details.

Sadly, overall the program didn't work for my particular use case. Hence why I ask about compiling sources. I describe the problem in detail here. Share scripts among custom campaign maps