• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

10 Rep Limit

Status
Not open for further replies.

EdgeOfChaos

E

EdgeOfChaos

Does the limit of 10 rep given per day ever change (as you get more rep maybe, like the + amount), or is it that forever?

It's so low..

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer
Level 40
I don't think I've ever given out rep 10 times in one day.. I can only see it as a option if you want to say thanks for using a model for a project and you're mass downloading. At that point you'd need more than 10 rep moments, however this is too rare to make a change of rules I think.

i say we ban all the uselss rep whores and sell their accounts on ebay

I just hope that I aint one of them ^^

Level 15
remove the rep limit so people can spam rep, lol
Idea rejected. Well, maybe it should be given more when you get more rep, maybe every 1000000 rep you will get one bonus rep. I dont know

EdgeOfChaos

E

EdgeOfChaos

When you get something like 400 rep, you can give out 2 with one click.

Level 5
Every week I check back to the Hive, I see a new REP related thread show up...
What happened to those good old days of the Hive when people weren't always asking about the rep? :(
I miss those good days...
And regret being a bad child those days...

Honestly, there's no need to add more to the limit, it's more than enough.

As Orcnet says :
There is always a tomorrow for rep giving.

For me, I haven't give any rep for awhile, it's not worth it anymore. All I care now is I have a chance to go active (let's face it, school....).

Also, Rep is a tool for thanking/encouraging someone, or for making awesome resources or solutions (FYI, tutors and coders here rarely get decent reps out of their fine written tutorials and decently made spells and systems, with exceptions though).

Status
Not open for further replies.