• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

About signatures

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hey there :)

I wanna suggest just some little things on signatures:

- Expand the image limit.
4 images is actually real low. In other forums I go, I haven't really encountered a limit to images like this. Since the purpose of an image limit is to make a better looking forum with no image floods, I suggest a limit of 10 images.

- Expand character limit.
I have never before seen a character limit, I think here is 500 without BB-Code right? I suggest something like 2000 or 3000. Just so people don't go too mad on the signs.

Now you ask. What is all this for?

Well, people like to spread something they do (tutorials, projects, servers, webpages, etc), like to make a very goodlooking signature with alot of images such as icons and gifs and all.

That's all, thanks guys :infl_thumbs_up:

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

Too many images makes for overly huge signatures like yours, which take up too much space.

I do agree on the character limit, that bugged me too. But more than that many images is just asking for 10 giant assed pictures staring at you with every post the person makes.

Level 2
Lets see...

Do you visit DotA Portal?

Do you see 10 pictures one below another shaking like hell? No man, people have sense...
On the other forum I read there isnt this limit also, and most people only have 1 picture as a sign.

What I'm saying is, its better NOT to have the limit, because there are some images that are small (such as icons), but still considered an image...

Its hard to compete with negative posts, because it does make sense what you guys say. I just think that, a member's signature is like "his space" to publish his stuff....
As an example, me, I'd like to spread out Everstill, a map I help make. Its also cool to publish de JASS classes so people know they exist and learn from them...

Level 3
My opinion is simple. 1 image, 500x200 pix limit, 200 characters.

If you want to write a freakin essay in your signature, or show off your entire photobucket library, just throw a link to the actual essay or library.

Don't waste my damn bandwidth!

Level 3
You're stupid.

Steps:
1. Upload it on Imageshack
2. Add the direct link in your signature
3. Add

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

He's not a moron, and he's saying to use Image tags to put images in your signature rather than using the image uploading option.

Level 32
The Hive's signature limitations seem realistic to me; four images is reasonable and if you wanted more you could easily edit them to combine many into one. The character restriction also serves its purpose, I'd prefer not to read a detailed tutorial or soliloquy along with each post.

Forum signatures and userbars are creative and kewl, but there is such a thing as TOO MUCH of a good thing. Sorry NoTioNLeSS, but I agree with those other cats: that contraption is way overkill.

I just updated my own spammy siggy and had no problem staying within our limits, although when I first joined I did have to reduce its width from 640 to 500 px.

Does anyone remember that LOTR spoof that peeps were using a while back? It's really inappropriate as a sig because of the racy language, but its so hilarious as an animated .gif that I have posted it here.

Level 2
He's not a moron, and he's saying to use Image tags to put images in your signature rather than using the image uploading option.

He comes in here calling me stupid? To hell with him ¬¬

I never mentioned image uploading here, I don't know where he even took that from oO

Anyway, I guess I'll have to put them all together, good idea ;P

Guess my suggestion flunked huh >.<

Status
Not open for further replies.