• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Signature Rules - Preview

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 24
I suppose the quote did sound shameful, but you could have just said something like "here's my new sig" as opposed to what you did, but in hindsight i was mostly irritated by Uchi's post.

Level 24
it's completely fine, you only sounded a little needy when you made that other post because rep just isn't as important to me as it is to most other people. anyways, we need to let other people show us their Vote for THW sigs, i'd love to see creative ones like my "it's good for your health"

Level 27
But mine only takes 2 lines of code.
Also, I found 2 bugs.
-- My signature at time of this writing --

I could write anything here.

-- End signature --
Is it too big?
(I think the space the hidden content is in should disappear with it's content:
visibility:collapse).

Level 24
Is my avatar acceptable?

Yes.

But mine only takes 2 lines of code.
Also, I found 2 bugs.
-- My signature at time of this writing --

I could write anything here.

-- End signature --
Is it too big?
(I think the space the hidden content is in should disappear with it's content:
visibility:collapse).

As far as my current version of Mozilla FireFox is concerned, your signature is totally too big, as I don't see it collapsing.

='( nobody is doing anything silly with the Vote for THW thing in their sigs. It's all just "Vote for THW", only going so far, only for the free rep, so plain and boring.

Level 24
Well? Is my signature acceptable?:confused:

It looks like it barely makes it. People, read the rules and figure it out, it's what I'm doing for everybody that asks, it should work for you.

Well, it should be too big in any browser right now, but should I change my signature or will some moderator make it collapse?
Also, you might consider fixing the bugs.

Admins would be the only ones with the power to make it collapse, PM one about it, and change it until you get an answer.

Also, the bugs in what? if you mean my FireFox, that's not going to happen. If you mean in Insaniac69's signature, I'm unaware of what. >_> please use the Quote function when you abruptly refer to something else.

Attachments

• QUOTE.JPG
    QUOTE.JPG
    11.5 KB · Views: 149
Level 27
When you show 'Hidden 1', show it's inner 'Hidden 2', and hide 'Hidden 1' the inner 'Hidden 2' is still visible.
Also, both 'Hidden 2' buttons only show and hide the inner 'Hidden 2'.
I'm going to change it anyway, I just wanted to show a cool bug.
It's not very important but it is pretty space consuming.

I didn't abruptly refer to something else, it was all about my signature.
Double spacing is an abrupt change and I will use quotes when it is not clear.
I really don't like how quotes use so much space.

Level 8
Just wondering, is my new sig alright? (Im actually not sure if the whole thing is loading so I might just replace it anyway)

Looks fine to me, Wolverabid said mine was fine and its a 400x150 with 1 line of thext, so I say yes.

Level 24
I'm in for free rep. After I receive rep does that mean I can remove the link or will I receive new rep after something like a year if I keep the link...?

After you receive the rep there's nothing stopping you from taking it out, except maybe mods neg rep-ing you for being a lame rep-whore.
It's good for the damn site to have it in your sig! Keep it!

By the way... I see a lot of lame rep whores in here. Please, stop with the "h4y guyz fr33 r3p lolz!!1" posts, just say something like "Here it is", or something like what Berethor said (modest, humble) to avoid looking like lame, rep-whoring suck ups. Terek's and Katu's were nice too (simple, unobtrusive, not even mentioning rep)

Reputation is exactly that: reputation. It is not Übar p01nt5 0f 133754uc3n355, it is not even Über ₧ of Awesome, it is a measure of how nice, helpful, and well-behaved you are, and how many nice, helpful, and well-behaved people you run into (people who are not are only likely to rep for being rep'd). Big rep does not mean that you are the shit, it does not mean that you are cool, it does not mean you are The One and can bend the Matrix to your will, it means that you are nice, helpful, and well-behaved.

I'm done ranting now.

Anyways, Herio-San, the period is actually 2 weeks to have it up (Wolverabid said so in the post about it, l3rn 2 r34d n00bs), but I'm sure that's up for debate.

Hakeem, I'm sorry for misunderstanding about who you were talking to/what you were talking about.

Hmm, I almost forgot to ask for more creative things than just "Vote for THW" all on its own.

Edit: I just realized a new month has started, and the chart has reset itself. Vote, people!

Edit2: @Below: Your signature is fine
Edit3: @Below: I only saw part of your signature, or it's been changed recently. It's too big atm.

Last edited:
Level 8
Er.. well mine was a bit shorter than that and Wolverabid said it was to big, so I suggest

A- Making Caste Wars a link to the main thread instead of a mini-progress chart
B- Fit that second link into one line

Level 32
That was a Joke, No one is going to get rep for putting it in there sig...

At leat I think it was a joke considering not a single person has gotten rep for it out of the 4 people I looked at.
This is no joke. Do you doubt my word?
Give me two weeks to see who's interested in promoting our voting link. If I don't rep you by 15 June, send me a PM!

Gost: yourr signature file will be fine if you simply eleminate the line break between the image and the text.

Herio-san: perfect (as usual).

Da)sniper: yours is a real mess. Please edit it to reduce vertical height.

You could just edit the signature parsing code to have a fixed height, so all that nooby dribble people post in sigs gets cut off after 3 lines.
Aye. The Chieftain may soon edit the code: spammy sigs will soon be a thing of the past.

Level 24
So this is the third(?) time that I've gotten angry about rep-whores being rep-whores. Take a look at this post, I think I did a good job describing of rep. In case you're too lazy to actually read that, here is the part that I would like rep-whores to take notice of:

Reputation is exactly that: reputation. It is not Übar p01nt5 0f 133754uc3n355, it is not even Über ₧ of Awesome, it is a measure of how nice, helpful, and well-behaved you are, and how many nice, helpful, and well-behaved people you run into (people who are not are only likely to rep for being rep'd). Big rep does not mean that you are the shit, it does not mean that you are cool, it does not mean you are The One and can bend the Matrix to your will, it means that you are nice, helpful, and well-behaved.
Take a look at this part in particular:
Big rep does not mean that you are the shit, it does not mean that you are cool, it does not mean you are The One and can bend the Matrix to your will, it means that you are nice, helpful, and well-behaved.
Reputation is NOT THW's equivalent of HotOrNot, it does NOT give you a bigger e-penis or a bigger penis in real life. Having that signature in your link will help keep THW as the #1 WarCraft 3 site, I'm personally keeping it and going for 7 lines as my max sig height, not that my sig is going to change any time soon anyways.

Edit: Here is How the Vote Helps THW: For intarweb n00bs:
  1. Everybody puts the vote link in their signature.
  2. So many links to only one place! Therefore, this place is totally awesome. OMG BUTTON!!1 CLICKK!!!!11
  3. People looking for WC3 sites find THW is #1 on www.gamesites200.com (By a lot :grin:)
  4. THW ar teh helpful, new members galore!
  5. ???
  6. Profit!

Edit2: Another user against rep-whoring.
Sorry to say, but I think, if people should care about voting, they also would do it in place of using 'put a link in my signature and vote (plz free rep).
Now its free to see which is hunting on reputation.
Almost everyone has 'vote for the hive' in its signature. I don't see the use of it since there is already a vote button which appears to be BIG enough.
Reputation is nothing then a colored image that rotates.
The fact here is just that people should vote on the hive which also could be revealed in many other options in place of getting some reputation wh0r35.

~- Heero

so when am i getting my reputation?

Needy rep-whores, including the above person, please take a look at this:

1. I will now begin to add to the reputation levels of all users who include some variant of the following link in their signature files:

• Vote [URL="http://www.gamesites200.com/warcraft/in.php?id=25"]Vote[/URL]
    • To recieve the rep simply add the link to your signature file and post it in this thread. I will watch carefully and add reputation to users who MAINTAIN the link in their sigs.
    • Give me two weeks to see who's interested in promoting our voting link. If I don't rep you by 15 June, send me a PM!

Take a look at the "Give me two weeks to see who's interested in promoting our voting link. If I don't rep you by 15 June, send me a PM!" part. Does it look like 15 June 2007 to you? Does it look like you've had that damn link in your signature for two weeks (that's what it used to be, but I bet it's gone up with all the rep-whores it's attracted)? Does it look like you actually care that having that link in your sig, which didn't exist beforehand anyways, will benefit THW? Do you care about that link any more than as something you can get free rep for? If you answered "no" to any one of those questions, STFU about it or GTFO. Since, by default, everyone has said no to the "15 June 2007" part, STFU ABOUT IT OR GTFO.

By the way:
This is no joke. Do you doubt my word?
IF Wolverabid ever happened to be lying to your face without being joking or sarcastic, you are supposed to nod your head and agree. If Wolverabid ever happened to tell you he was lying to your face, you would accept what he said as truth anyways, unless he told you to not believe him. HE IS AN ADMIN. He is never going to lie anyways, because if THW's reputation goes down the shitter because of him, he is going to be in some deep shit in the rest of the WC3's corner of the internet. Also, about the admin part: ADMIN. So long as you post on this forum, Wolverabid is one of your gods.

As a secondary note, I would like to state that I am disgusted at seeing a topic in the Site Discussion forum be Ephy Flamed™. Stop being needy rep-whores.

Last edited:
I didn't think wolverabid was lying, I knew it would take time, but it appeared he wasn't. I'm not wanting the rep for it, I put it in because It was obvious he wanted us to and I didn't know that before.

I apologize for accusing him of lying if thats how it was taken, i just though from looking, that no one was getting it, so I presumed It wasn't...Also, I didn't read any other of the posts in this thread even.

I was just saying what I gathered from looking, but it seems i didn't look enough.

I really need to pay more attention, this is the second time my not-paying attention got me in big trouble. :sad:

Level 24
Hereto dont worry.There are lots of people that when they saw FREE REP ran.SO Wolverabid might have hard time to see if they really put it on their sig and didnt erase it after 2 days.The rep will go to everybody.:thumbs_up:

So, I'm assuming that you're confirming that Wolverabid will give rep to everybody that has had the link in their sig for a significant amount of time?
Anyways, thanks for uh... promoting not taking the link out. It's just a tad confusing.

This is also in the big post 85, but for those who don't bother to check old posts:
How the Vote Helps THW: For intarweb n00bs:
  1. Everybody puts the vote link in their signature.
  2. So many links to only one place! Therefore, this place is totally awesome. OMG BUTTON!!1 CLICKK!!!!11
  3. People looking for WC3 sites find THW is #1 on www.gamesites200.com (By a lot :grin:)
  4. THW ar teh helpful, new members galore!
  5. ???
  6. Profit!

Level 24
@Aspharatos: Two things. The first is that your signature is fine. The second is that "moo with pleasure" is amusing :thumbs_up:

Edit: Hmm, a third thing: GJ with the subtle show of your signature.

Last edited:
Level 5
did someone say free reppy rep rep rep rep? (preparses for Teh_Ephy's firey wrath) nah im kidding i think that THW deserves the highest rating...what did wc3campaigns ever do for me....?

Last edited:
Ooo! Scroll bars! Now that's a good idea!

But why does the little "_____________" count as part of our 7 line limit? because then we only get 6 lines T_T

EDIT: Also, If the sig is less than 7 lines, then the scrollbar gets put there anyway and fills the space so even if your sig is like 2 lines, the scrollbar makes it take up 7.

See:
  • SecretArts
  • Mechanical Man
  • Me (depends on the factorizer length)
  • Katu
  • WILLTHEALMIGHTY
  • Aspharatos
  • Whitehorn
  • MySpaceBarBroke
  • Teh_Ephy
That's who I've seen so far.

EDIT2: Now where'd they go? Were they fixed or was it just me?

Last edited:
Level 32
The Chieftain has added a powerful feature that auto-magically truncates overly large signature files.

Examine Shados' file in the first page of this thread: that's the signature by which all others are now measured. If a signature is of larger dimensions, a scrollbar is now provided.

Status
Not open for further replies.