• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Spell Request Thread [unofficial]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 20
Hello fellow users!

Due to the popularity of a similar thread on the http://www.wc3campaigns.net website, I've decided to open a (unofficial) Spell's Request thread. If you want a spell, if you can't find it in our resource database, and you don't have the necessary knowledge to make it yourself, just ask here!

The current spell makers for this Spell Request thread are:
If you would like to help make spells for this thread, simply ask in a post.

WAIT! Before posting, read these guidelines, and be sure that your request follows each and every rule described:

Guidelines
Your request must... :
  • ... clearly describe the spell that you want. Be concise and precise!
  • ... follow the Hive Workshop's site rules.
  • ... be ORIGINAL. If the spell has already been made, why should I re-make it?
  • ... contain the concerned spell's tooltip and name.
  • ... contain the concerned spell's icon (link to the icon if it's not in the Warcraft III icon database).
  • ... contain other necessary options (configurability? specific data information? levels?).

BUT WAIT! It's not over! Be sure to read this disclaimer before submitted your request:
Disclaimer
Your spell will (generally)... :
BEWARE! Your spell request may be refused or cancelled at any time.

Waiting List
  1. angelwarrior.
IconSpell NameSpell TooltipRequestorRequest PostDownload LinkCompleted By
btnattackgroundmm8.jpg
Attack
It's a casted attack, but when casted, the caster will still be in a command, and the unit will fire a bullet, that will go in a little imprecise direction infront of it, and then the bullet will hit an enemy, or dissapear after a specific range. Nearly all properties of that missile are editable.
Just_Spectating
XieLong
deathcoil.gif
Absorb
"Palus’ and his replicas’ viscous bodies can absorb attacks and spells, mitigating the damage and dividing Palus or the replica into two. Replicas last for 15 seconds."
Level 1 - 6% chance to absorb 15% of the damage. Replicas deal 10% damage and receive 275% damage.
Level 2 - 9% chance to absorb 20% of the damage. Replicas deal 15% damage and receive 250% damage.
Level 3 - 12% chance to absorb 25% of the damage. Replicas deal 20% damage and receive 225% damage.
Level 4 - 15% chance to absorb 30% of the damage. Replicas deal 25% damage and receive 200% damage.
PeanutPwnsYou
HINDYhat
Completed Spells [/td]

This thread may be subject to further revision or removal by the staff

Last edited:

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
GUI is inferior to JASS. There is no debate to that as it is a fact.

Thus anything quality is made in JASS and these people are being kind enough to actually try and make quality spells for people like you although they do not have to. So stop moaning and complaining about "Why not in GUI." as the answer is listed at the beginning of this post and you should be greatful they are offering to do this at all.

No more GUI talk, as I am sure that is what the thread creator wants.

I will try linking people to this thread who request spells elsewhere, so do not worry as soon you will have pleanty to do.

Level 7
Mhm, I also cogitated about the opening of such a thread, and there's one :D
If you don't have anything against HINDYhat, I would like to join the spell makers...
My (additional) directives
My Spells will... :
  • ... follow the JESP-Standard
  • ... work without vJASS
  • ... be as optimized as I can make it without breaking the JESP-Standard
Here is a reference spell, made by me: *click*.

And, HINDYhat, what about a waiting list in the first post?

oooo, i need a spell badly for a map i am working on, since its not really a spell but an attack, however the attack is replaced by a spell. i tryed to make it, it worked, however leaked badly and i couldnt fix it.

alright,

i hope this spell can be editable too, because each hero will have a special type of "attack"(spell) that will do different damage, speeds, range, and different models.

ahem.
Ok, i need a spell, that will be casted, and when casted, the caster will still be in a command,(so like, casted while moving, i suggest you can use beserk as the dummy ability) and what is to happen is that the unit will fire a bullet, that will go in a random direction infront of it,(so like, facing of triggering unit + random number between -10 and 10) and then the bullet will explode, or dissapear after a short while, and that depends on the unit and its range. also, the bullets will need the bullet system(where if a unit gets in the path of the bullets it will get hit,) and the damage, based on the bullets will have to be editable as well, so that the hero can upgrade damage, and the bullets will deal more damage.

I hope that is understandable.

Level 7
Cool :)
So guys, give us a job!

@ Just_Spectating: That's an easy request, I can make it for you, if it's ok for you. And could you give me a round deadline?

Level 7
I have 3 questions:
  1. Should the missile be able to cross cliffs?
  2. Should the missile fly an arc or only straight on?
  3. Should there be any eyecandy (on hit, launch etc.)?

Last edited:
Level 6
That's strange, I could've sworn I already posted here. Anyways, I want to be added to the list of helpers. I can do the easy stuff.
Woah, I'm already on the list. Sorry for being stupid. I had too much apple cider last night...

Last edited:
Level 7
ok, that are exactly the settings I implemented ;D
But, I'm very sorry, I think I don't manage to finish the spell today... cause there's a weird bug which I cant find cause I really need sleep, lol

Level 7
Ok, I just fixed the bug.
If there's anything that have to be change, please tell me.
IconSpell NameSpell Tooltip/DescriptionRequestorRequest PostDownload LinkCompleted By
btnattackgroundmm8.jpg

Attack
It's a casted attack, but when casted, the caster will still be in a command, and the unit will fire a bullet, that will go in a little imprecise direction infront of it, and then the bullet will hit an enemy, or dissapear after a specific range. Nearly all properties of that missile are editable.
Just_Spectating
Attack for Just_Spectating.w3x
XieLong

Attachments

• Attack for Just_Spectating.w3x
    104.2 KB · Views: 136
Last edited:
Level 4
Shouldn't spell requests be a forum instead of a thread, i mean, who wants to look through the whole thread to find a spell and then continue looking through the whole thread to see which spells got made or not. and that also means the thread will have so many subjects, that it will be impossible to keep up.

A forum would be better. and Don't we already have a request a resource forum??? Although that's a bit vague, I would like to see a request a spell forum while I wouldn't even look in the request a resource forum.

* *EDIT* *Wait I just had a GREAT IDEA, If you guys want to do this so bad for everyone, why not turn this into a hosted project that is hosted by Hive Workshop? They should love it cause it would give people a reason to come here instead of other forums and it would give you guys a way to have team members and you would have a forum and you guys could be like the SPELL FACTORY or something? just a thought, please tell me how you feel about that idea.

Last edited:
Level 19
I want spell that c4st3r d4m4g3 411 w1th V01c4n0 F14m3z BuRn Pwnzors them
Conversation: Uh I never saw this section before. Anyway good luck with spell making

Level 13
I want a spell, but I would also like to join the spell makers.

SPELL NAME: Spell Imitate
SPELL TYPE: Passive
DESCRIPTION: Every time a spell is casted on the caster, it has X chance to reflect that spell (it could take it's effect and send it back if reflecting is impossible)

I have no idea how to make such a spell and if it's impossible, you can turn it down (of course :p). vJass allowed! ;)

As for the spell making crew, err...... I will be gone for skiing soon so I'll be able to make spells after that, which should in about a week. So add me on the list when I come back (if you think I'm good enough to be in the crew).

My spells will follow similar rules as HINDYs, but it will be vJass-only....... sorry, I just hate normal JASS.

Level 7
I edited the 'Attack Spell': Now you can really edit the missiles speed... Also added a little description and removed a little leak.

@Just_Spectating: Yea, cause the spell follows the JESP you can easily make another instance of it: Just copy the Trigger and Change all 'Attack's (at the beginning of every function's name) to a new name.

@Silvenon: Your Idea is definitely realizable... With 'UnitAddAbility(Dummy, GetSpellAbilityId()) ;)

Level 19
I think he meaned its hard to get if someone is damaged by a spell, refreshing his life to back. well the DD system on wc3c detects damage type (done by spell or normal weapon)

Level 7
You can just catch the order or the beginning of casting and order the caster to stop. That would be my idea...

Level 13
No, I know all those stuff, but the thing that worries me is the spell reflecting back to the caster, for that I need the orderString, but I have no idea how to get it...........maybe something with detecting an order also.......I don't know

I edited the 'Attack Spell': Now you can really edit the missiles speed... Also added a little description and removed a little leak.

@Just_Spectating: Yea, cause the spell follows the JESP you can easily make another instance of it: Just copy the Trigger and Change all 'Attack's (at the beginning of every function's name) to a new name.

ah i c, i was just about to post something right now saying that there was a leak. damn.. now i have to redownload it and set the values over again. but at least i got it working in my map XD and hey, i have no jass intelligence at all but give me a spell to modify to my map and i can do it.

one more thing. since before i downloaded the new one, i changed the "not beable to attack" the "FLYING" and switched it to "GROUND" so that it cant hit ground but only flying units, but it still hit ground units. Its cause my map is about flying heros. and flying creeps.

Level 7
Just_SPectating: Um, sry, but if you don't show me at least the little HitCodintions-function, I can't tell you anything :p

Level 19
You can just catch the order or the beginning of casting and order the caster to stop. That would be my idea...

caster should lunch the projectile and it should hit target before reflecting
here is the problem: Flame Strike xD (and blizzard etc etc)

Level 7
Now that you are saying, I have found two little leaks and removed them.
When anyone else can find a leak, please tell me ;)

Level 20
XieLong, I just checked the spell. I believe you're leaking a unit (the projectile unit is never removed), and didn't J_S say he wanted the bullet to collide with terrain? There are loads of things I'd have done differently. I might just make one for fun.

Level 7
Afaik doesn't have a unit to be removed... cause that is done by WC3 after the decay time? If you tell me the opposite, I change it...
And J_S sayed, he wants the missile be able to cross cliffs and not to collide with them :)

Level 20
Mm, I always thought that units had to be removed, because they stayed in memory (as a dead unit). Dunno for sure though.

And about the cliff thing, heh, dunno.

You should've stored the cos and sin values in cache though, so you wouldn't have to call them every 0.02 seconds. Also, 0.02 is hardcoded. It would be better if you could make it a constant function too.

Level 7
Hey, I changed that 'hardcode' in the first update ;) But your little table on the first page isn't up-to-date ^^ check my spell (and his table) another time

Level 5
hey maybe I could make some of these spell requests: I'm new to JASS but I think I've got the hang of it (I know some other programming languages so it was quite easy to learn)

My spells will:
-be in vJass (I love vJass as most other programming languages I know are object-orientated and this allows me to apply ideas from other languages)
-follow the JESP standard
-be fully MUI
-be easily editable and GUI friendly

p.s. thx for this thread HINDYhat I think it's a great idea but also I'm with Zergleb's idea about turning it into a hosted project

This is a spell request forum but everyone just wants to join in making the spells lol! i am the only one with the real questions?

Now that you are saying, I have found two little leaks and removed them.
When anyone else can find a leak, please tell me ;)

ah shoot, i dont want to redo the whole thing over, can you tell me what you changed and possibly a pic?

Level 7
[jass=I think this might help you] endif
endloop
call SetHandleInt(t, "i", i+1) // << new position
else
call KillUnit(u)
call PauseTimer(t)
call FlushHandleLocals(t)
call DestroyTimer(t)
endif
set c = null
call DestroyGroup(g)