• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Spells for my map, need help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
I asked this question in the Map thread, stupid of me, anyways. I want to make a spell that absorbs damage over a time periodm, but it can only absorb a certain amount of damage. :eek:

Level 3
I don't know how you keep the hero from taking damage, my only thought on that would be to set the heroes life to a variable then add life to that in the amount of damage done.

Like unit is attacked, actions = Unit>Set life to life of unit + damage done by attacker (I'm too lazy to go look it up).

It's basically alot of variables. The event is going to be Unit is attacked or WE Unlimited's Any Unit Takes Damage.

Then you're going to have to set a variable at 0 initially then add to it the amount of damage done to the hero. Then an event to check for when the variable reaches a certain number to turn off the trigger that prevents him from taking damage. I don't know how to do damage carry overs without variables.

Let me know if my ramblings made ANY sense to ANYONE. Because I don't even think they make sense to me.

Level 4
frog15 said:
I don't know how you keep the hero from taking damage, my only thought on that would be to set the heroes life to a variable then add life to that in the amount of damage done.

Like unit is attacked, actions = Unit>Set life to life of unit + damage done by attacker (I'm too lazy to go look it up).

It's basically alot of variables. The event is going to be Unit is attacked or WE Unlimited's Any Unit Takes Damage.

Then you're going to have to set a variable at 0 initially then add to it the amount of damage done to the hero. Then an event to check for when the variable reaches a certain number to turn off the trigger that prevents him from taking damage. I don't know how to do damage carry overs without variables.

Let me know if my ramblings made ANY sense to ANYONE. Because I don't even think they make sense to me.
:shock: I found the spell I need right on this site, it's even named the right name, Power Word: Shield. So I guess I'll use that.

Status
Not open for further replies.