• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] Help with spell (Power Word: Shield) like spell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
So I want a spell that will absorb a set amount of damage or until the spell dies in 10 seconds. The base ability I used was frost armor (0 armor bonus, 10 second armor duration) and from there I used a trigger. I'm pretty new to triggers, and I was hoping someone could help me w/ this...

ghostshelltrigger.png

It's called Ghostshell. When I tried it in game it didn't absorb any damage, at all. Right now the damage absorbed is set to 30. Help! :(

Level 1
Oh

If anyone just has another trigger that will be like Power Word : Shield I'll gladly just take that :p

Level 3
I don't know what you want for
  • Conditions
  • Greater than or equal to 30.00
I make a example for you , hope that it can help you ...
Well , it is not perfectly work , since I'm also not so pro in triggering...
Before that i had to tell you that , damage taken only work in
"<Specified Unit taken damages> Event."

The example i make for you need 2 trigger to function this spell.
The 1st 1 is to add target of ability being cast in to "Specified Unit"
of the event of the second trigger.

The second trigger is to heal the unit take took damages . (Oh well , this trigger heal the unit not only the unit attacked but also damages by spell , don't know you want it or not ....)

First Trigger
  • Ghost Shell Active
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Frost Armor
    • Actions
      • Trigger - Add to Ghost Shell <gen> the event (Unit - (Target unit of ability being cast) Takes damage)
Second Trigger
  • Ghost Shell
    • Events
    • Conditions
      • ((Triggering unit) has buff Frost Armor) Equal to True
    • Actions
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • (Life of (Triggering unit)) Not equal to (Max life of (Triggering unit))
          • ((Life of (Triggering unit)) + ((Damage taken) x 2.00)) Less than or equal to (Max life of (Triggering unit))
        • Then - Actions
          • Unit - Set life of (Triggering unit) to ((Life of (Triggering unit)) + ((Damage taken) x 2.00))
        • Else - Actions
          • Unit - Set life of (Triggering unit) to (Max life of (Triggering unit))
The problems is ....
The unit cannot recover to full life , I wonder why ...
Need Proz to help us XD

Level 3
Sorry about the trigger i post before .
I found a bug of that spell , the amount of healing will increase with the time you cast the shield on the same unit . I mean , for example , you cast 4 times shield on the unit , it will heal 4 time the damage taken ...
I had fixed it by replacing 1st trigger with this ... :
  • Ghost Shell Active
  • Events
  • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
  • Conditions
  • (Ability being cast) Equal to Frost Armor
  • Actions
  • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
    • If - Conditions
      • ((Target unit of ability being cast) is in Ghost_Shield) Equal to False
    • Then - Actions
      • Trigger - Add to Ghost Shell <gen> the event (Unit - (Target unit of ability being cast) Takes damage)
      • Unit Group - Add (Target unit of ability being cast) to Ghost_Shield
    • Else - Actions
      • Do nothing
I fixed it by create a unit group , if the unit is in unit group , it will never being added as specific unit in the second trigger.
Whenever the unit is being cast with ghost shield , it will never be removed from the unit group . However , since the healing effect had a condition "((Triggering unit) has buff Frost Armor) Equal to True"
So , it is okay to let the unit in the unit group

Status
Not open for further replies.