• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Concept Competition of Doom - Mechanics

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 21
Boom!
Boom!
Boom!
It really has two legs... but I only made one
The neck that goes up to the head thing has that slit in the middle so it can rotate around

Attachments

• RobotConcept.jpg
    RobotConcept.jpg
    14.6 KB · Views: 232
  • RobotConceptMorphed.jpg
    RobotConceptMorphed.jpg
    15.7 KB · Views: 243
Contest Entry

I think I might post something up here,haven't used MSPaint for a while so...Yeah...And I can't seem to work my 3D programs atm.

If you've watch Futurama,how about Destructor with Infernal or Golem animations?Or hell,BENDER with some sort've melee anims...Just give him a TC paintjob,no real work,if it comes to skinning.

I'm definetly not a modeller,more of an artist...I used like...4-5 props from other projects and added them onto my submission for the Contest.

View attachment Serpentus-Frontal.bmp

I originally got the idea from my own maps,like the submitted Everfall Maps...The Naga seemed like they needed a mech of some sort too.

Last edited:
Oh, you forgot?
Its a WIP
That means i can do 1000000 changes before the final entry
Yes, but you didnt even try a macinicle look. At LEAST make it black or gray....The person you were huanting about it looking right didnt have it colored, so I could have been armor or a macinicle thing. Im sorry, but a brown cute and cuddle bunny souldnt been taken for aromor or any kind of metal....

Anyways, update of mine comming soon.

EDIT: here they are.

Attachments

• Robot.bmp
    957.2 KB · Views: 221
  • Roboviewdiff.bmp
    732.5 KB · Views: 193
Last edited:
Level 10
W.I.P 2

*I cleaned out some of the sticking up parts of the bugs arms.
*I made the bugs face grey with no details.
*I worked mostly on designing the hair, I was thinking of "Zelda" at the time.
*The black part each side of the end hairs is for the bug's metal chompers.
*I will make sharp steel claws for his feet.
*After I finish coloring him, I am going to make a side viewpoint, flying position.
*I also made a sketch of his eyes, I plan to revise it, and make more little details.

Attachments

• Bug resised.jpg
    Bug resised.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 166
Rao,heres what i'm thinking of for some anims:
Attack (Melee)
Use a draenei attack or something.
Spell (Ranged)
Just point the gun forward,make it look like it fired & add a small emitter for the smoke or fire.
Movement
Just rip a Naga Royal Guards movement animation.
Victory Animation:
Swing the sword forward and fire the gun upwards,maybe?
Stand 1:
normal standing,no real movement here.
Stand 2:
Look side to side(head can't move,kinda like the Marine's helm)
Stand 3:
Examine the gun
Stand 4:
Examine the sword
Death:
Begin falling,add an emitter for an explosion OR just use Naga Royal Guard death & decay anims,no bones once decayed.

Level 23
Elenai's is looking interesting, SeruK's tractor of doom would be fun as hell, and l0w_kwaliti's is a bird-man-bot (good ol' fake-wings).

Hard to say; remember there's still a long time until the contest is done, and that means plenty of time for people to make revisions, new stuff to come up...

And, at the end of the day, it's not my decision, so my opinion doesn't matter a whit.:thumbs_up:

Status
Not open for further replies.