[Log in / Register]
| News | Chat | Pastebin | Donations | Tutorials | Rules | Forums |
| Maps | Skins | Icons | Models | Spells | Tools | Jass | Packs | Hosted Projects | Starcraft II Modding | Starcraft II Resources | Galaxy Wiki |
(Keeps Hive Alive)
Go Back   The Hive Workshop > SC2 Resources

The Hive Workshop SC2 Resources:

resource_images/1/sc2res_42/Fleet Action.jpg
resource_images/1/sc2res_42/New Cruiser Reporting.jpg
resource_images/1/sc2res_42/Sinking Frigate.jpg
SC2 Resource Details
Submitted By: Tony_Fuentes
Submitted: 21:54, 6th Aug 2011
Updated: 21:54, 6th Aug 2011
Filename: UNSC_Cruiser_and_Frigate.zip
Filesize: 803.19 KB
Downloads: 447
Category: Alien / Futuristic, Space, Space / Future
SC2 Resource Type: Units
Keywords: Halo, Ship, Capital, Human

This SC2 resource is approved and works properly.

Rating by users: 5.00 (2 votes)

(Hover and click)

As many will immediatley realize, these are the Frigate and Halcyon Class cruiser from the Halo Series. The models were scratch made in Solidworks, textured with in-game textures in 3ds-max, and exported using NinToxicated's .m3 exporter. The use of in-game textures allows the models to be directly imported into the editor without any set-up/pathing. They now include death animations!

Things that are missing:
-Wireframes
-Portraits

Update: As per request, made some of the cruiser textures less blurry, and more interesting on the top.

Moderator Comments:
05:22, 22nd Aug 2011
Dr Super Good:
Model appear well made and visually pleasing.

Click here to download UNSC_Cruiser_and_Frigate.zip

Contents
N/A Cruiser Death.m3
645 KB
36 downloads
N/A Cruiser.m3
651 KB
33 downloads
N/A Frigate Death.m3
505 KB
18 downloads
N/A Frigate.m3
468 KB
29 downloads
Old 06-24-2011, 07:47 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered User Alagremm
Mundus vult decipi

Alagremm is a name known to all (633)Alagremm is a name known to all (633)
For the United Earth Directorate! We shall name the ships in the memory of Admiral Du Gaulle and Vice-Admiral Stukov!

Anyhow, Halo ships arent really StarCraftish looking, doubt they can be used for anything except cargo ships, gun cutters and the Supercarriers in StarCraft maps based on lore, but this has large area of use in everything else. Good work!
Alagremm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 02:58 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered User Fingolfin
Panzer, VORWÄRTS!

Fingolfin has much of which to be proud (1183)Fingolfin has much of which to be proud (1183)Fingolfin has much of which to be proud (1183)Fingolfin has much of which to be proud (1183)Fingolfin has much of which to be proud (1183)Fingolfin has much of which to be proud (1183)Fingolfin has much of which to be proud (1183)Fingolfin has much of which to be proud (1183)
WADAFAKKK?!?!?! that is cool!!!

Fingolfin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 05:19 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered User Rispetto
umad?

Rispetto will become famous soon enough (111)Rispetto will become famous soon enough (111)Rispetto will become famous soon enough (111)
Master Chief next pl0x.

<3
Rispetto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 01:35 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered User DerekX
Initiate

DerekX has little to show at this moment (5)
I'd have to agree with Alagremm. And it's actually UNSC. (United Nations Space Command) But nevertheless awesome! :)
Old 07-22-2011, 12:24 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered User Tleno
Goggles are obligatory

Tleno is a glorious beacon of light (592)Tleno is a glorious beacon of light (592)Tleno is a glorious beacon of light (592)Tleno is a glorious beacon of light (592)Tleno is a glorious beacon of light (592)Tleno is a glorious beacon of light (592)Tleno is a glorious beacon of light (592)
Hmmm, I think I've already seen these models on SC2 mapster... I guess you're the same guy who made them, right? I mean, if no, you should ask the permission of original author.
Old 07-22-2011, 02:45 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered User Tony_Fuentes
User

Tony_Fuentes has little to show at this moment (8)
Yes, I am the original creator, and I submitted it to both sites. Exposure is usually not a bad, and I want these things to be used Besides, I took my first tenative steps into custom model creation using tutorials from this site back for warcraft III.
Tony_Fuentes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 03:01 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered User Tleno
Goggles are obligatory

Tleno is a glorious beacon of light (592)Tleno is a glorious beacon of light (592)Tleno is a glorious beacon of light (592)Tleno is a glorious beacon of light (592)Tleno is a glorious beacon of light (592)Tleno is a glorious beacon of light (592)Tleno is a glorious beacon of light (592)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony_Fuentes View Post
Yes, I am the original creator, and I submitted it to both sites. Exposure is usually not a bad, and I want these things to be used Besides, I took my first tenative steps into custom model creation using tutorials from this site back for warcraft III.
Nice to hear that...
Old 07-23-2011, 04:18 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered User Xian
1000 Posts :P

Xian is just really nice (364)Xian is just really nice (364)Xian is just really nice (364)Xian is just really nice (364)
Only bad thing i see is the textures
Xian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 11:15 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered User Tleno
Goggles are obligatory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xian View Post
Only bad thing i see is the textures
Yea, at some places they do look blurry, but I guess that's fixable, right?

Will there be any more model additions?
Old 07-23-2011, 04:29 PM   #11 (permalink)
Forum Moderator Statharas
Raaaiiishiiin!

Starcraft Moderator

Statharas is a glorious beacon of light (454)Statharas is a glorious beacon of light (454)Statharas is a glorious beacon of light (454)
Oh shit, i just realized none of my models have death anims!

The hive dying? Blergh, it's getting reanimated.
Statharas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 11:00 AM   #12 (permalink)
Registered User GhostThruster
See you starside

GhostThruster has disabled reputation
EDIT. Please make a pelican.
GhostThruster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 11:05 AM   #13 (permalink)
Registered User Xian
1000 Posts :P

Xian is just really nice (364)Xian is just really nice (364)Xian is just really nice (364)Xian is just really nice (364)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostThruster View Post
PelicanPelicanPelicanPelicanPelicanPelicanPelicanPelicanPelicanPelicanPelicanPelicanPelicanPelicanPe licanPelicanPelicanPelicanPelicanPelicanPelicanPelicanPelicanPelicanPelicanPelicanPelicanPelicanPeli canPelicanPelicanPelicanPelicanPelicanPelicanPelicanPelicanPelicanPelicanPelicanPelicanPelicanPelica nPelicanPelicanPelicanPelicanPelicanPelicanPelicanPelicanPelicanPelicanPelicanPelicanPelicanPelicanP elicanPelicanPelicanPelicanPelicanPelicanPelicanPelicanPelicanPelicanPelicanPelicanPelicanPelicanPel icanPelicanPelicanPelicanPelicanPelicanPelicanPelicanPelicanPelicanPelicanPelican
spam comment
@ tleno,how to fix the texture?
Xian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 06:23 AM   #14 (permalink)
Registered User Hawkwing
Slightly Less Inactive

Hawkwing is a splendid one to behold (853)Hawkwing is a splendid one to behold (853)Hawkwing is a splendid one to behold (853)Hawkwing is a splendid one to behold (853)Hawkwing is a splendid one to behold (853)
Hosted Project of the Year - 2008: Warcraft III: World of Warcraft Former Staff Member: This user used to be on the Hive Workshop staff. 
These models look superb. It's a shame those textures are blurry, but I suppose you're not really at fault for that.

These resources may not be terribly useful, but given the amount of resources currently available, all otherwise approveable resources are appreciated.
Hawkwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 07:56 PM   #15 (permalink)
Registered User Tony_Fuentes
User

Tony_Fuentes has little to show at this moment (8)
As you folks probably recognize/read, I used ingame textures to texture these models, specifically Command Center for the Cruiser and Barracks for the Frigate. While I do feel they are adequate, they could use some work, I agree. I do not intend to go through the process of re-doing the UVW map, as it took me many hours (these models were made in solidworks, which means they have "thickness", there are a lot of useless inward facing surfaces which really, really cluttered up the UVW map). However, if you can point out specific areas on the models which you think need work, I can work with scaling up the surfaces on those portions to make it less blurry. Remember, some of these surfaces had to fit into texture slots not desinged for them what so ever, so I may need to choose either an entirely new area to place them, or I might not be able to do anything to change them at all. Even with the places that need work, it may be another month before I can implement them. The computer I made these on is laid-up at college, and the UVW-Wrap modifier doesn't appear on the versions I have been working with at home. This may or may not mean I can manipulate them without screwing them up.
Tony_Fuentes is offline   Reply With Quote