• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Sea of Chaos - Prologue

Sea of Chaos - Prologue
Created by Naiden

Map Info

This is prologue of my upcoming rpg map Sea of Chaos from Forgotten Realms. You can visit forum here - Sea of Chaos - SPRPG map. Story is about half-elf warrior Melsana Vel'Dyr and her memories about her adventures and strange evil visions.

PS: Sorry for huge size, but prologue is from campaign file, where is a playable map too and I didn't know, which imports I can delete.

Screenshots and Videos

prologue1.jpg

prologue2.jpg

prologue.jpg

Melsana - Wandering Soul
HR doodads/tilesets - Born2Modificate & Ogre
Warsong Grunt/ShatteredHandGrunt - Tauer
Mountain Giant - Red Shift
Footman - HappyTauren
Returned Skeletons - 67chrome
and many more...
Thanks to all.

Keywords:
Sea of Chaos, cinematic, melsana, paladin, demon, rpg, epic rpg, forgotten realms,
Contents

Sea of Chaos - Prologue (Campaign)

Reviews
11:22, 13th Nov 2011 Vengeancekael: Approved. Review coming up. Update: Vengeancekael: Private Message Date: 2011/Nov/13 11:31:13 Reasons: Other: Comment: Story: I can't really tell what the story is all about yet, most of the...

M

11:22, 13th Nov 2011
Vengeancekael: Approved. Review coming up.

Update:

Vengeancekael: Private Message
Date: 2011/Nov/13 11:31:13

Reasons:

Other:
Comment: Story:

I can't really tell what the story is all about yet, most of the cinematic was filled with combat scenes, but the evil creature in the end did make it more interesting. However this isn't very story focused, a character is just remembering all the creatures she has killed.

Camera:

The camera work is excellent, you can always see the important things, the camera sometimes even slows down during a killing blow and it is moving around a lot.

Terrain:

The environment looks amazing, you've used the high texture pack, everything is very detailed, it looks very realistic, especially the cliff hole in which Vel'dyr is. You've also used a lot of sound effects, especially for the river.

Combat Scenes:

The combat scenes are really intense and just look awesome, it's not just some guys hitting each other the whole time, but there are a lot of different moves, although some more überduper-special effects moves from the big guy would've been better. (in the chamber)

Overall:

It's a neat cinematic, with a high quality terrain and combat scenes, there are no small flaws, just it's not enough story-focused and there are some errors in the dialogues.
Admin Contact - Resource Moderation - Rules

Level 11
Like the guys said above, do the separate maps.
People, are you serious? Have you never been working on a campaign file in your life?
Just look how many imports he has in the map! Would you really have him re-import all of them from campaign import manager into map import manager, set all the paths for textures and objects in object editor etc.? Plus nobody actually cares about how it's done and it's a very boring work for a good few hours? And he's probably going to create more maps using the same campaign file, so he would have to do it like it's done now anyway?

Approved for now. Review coming up in a moment.

edit:

Review:

Story:

I can't really tell what the story is all about yet, most of the cinematic was filled with combat scenes, but the evil creature in the end did make it more interesting. However this isn't very story focused, a character is just remembering all the creatures she has killed.

Camera:

The camera work is excellent, you can always see the important things, the camera sometimes even slows down during a killing blow and it is moving around a lot.

Terrain:

The environment looks amazing, you've used the high texture pack, everything is very detailed, it looks very realistic, especially the cliff hole in which Vel'dyr is. You've also used a lot of sound effects, especially for the river.

Combat Scenes:

The combat scenes are really intense and just look awesome, it's not just some guys hitting each other the whole time, but there are a lot of different moves, although some more überduper-special effects moves from the big guy would've been better. (in the chamber)

Overall:

It's a neat cinematic, with a high quality terrain and combat scenes, there are no small flaws, just it's not enough story-focused and there are some errors in the dialogues.

Rating: 4/5

Level 2
Hello,

This is a nice map (in campaign's clothing), with pretty good combat scenes. The voices when the main character prayed (well, I assume she prayed) were something that surprised me a bit (positively).

Downsides are the lacking of story and grammar errors, such as "allways" should be "always".

Oh and the loading screen artwork was really impressive. :)

4/5

Level 2
Hi, sorry to reply here but nobody seems to be replying in the real forum section i dont know what the story is.

I need to get help with The Exodus campaign

I cant even pass the first chapter i dont seem to have enough men and it seems impossible to beat al lthe orcs and undead , i dont know.

Please can somebody help me?

Level 2
Well Its good After all........hard work get 5/5 :D....just keep it up and you will get more than 5/5....maybe you will get 20/1 xD
I am the one who watch over you.keeping you from the death.Watching you from high from over the skys.I am the Source of LIGHT you can't see my real form but you can see my wings that protect you.I am the King OF all dragons.I AM rider of golden dragon the mighty.I AM THE GOLDEN RIDER THE CONTROLER