[Log in / Register]
| News | Chat | Pastebin | Donations | Tutorials | Rules | Forums |
| Maps | Skins | Icons | Models | Spells | Tools | Jass | Packs | Hosted Projects | Starcraft II Modding | Starcraft II Resources | Galaxy Wiki |
(Keeps Hive Alive)
Go Back   The Hive Workshop > Maps > Filtered Listing

Sea of Chaos - Prologue
Created by Naiden ; Uploaded by: Naiden
Information
Uploaded:16:21, 6th Nov 2011
Last Updated:10:31, 13th Nov 2011
Type:Campaign, Cinematic
Category:Medieval / Warcraft
Difficulty:Normal
Rating by users:4.75 (4 votes)
Hits:34236

(Hover and click)
Details
Sea of Chaos - Prologue
Created by Naiden

Map Info

This is prologue of my upcoming rpg map Sea of Chaos from Forgotten Realms. You can visit forum here - http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/m...pg-map-200682/. Story is about half-elf warrior Melsana Vel'Dyr and her memories about her adventures and strange evil visions.

PS: Sorry for huge size, but prologue is from campaign file, where is a playable map too and I didn't know, which imports I can delete.

Screenshots and Videos

Prologue Screenshots

Credits

Melsana - Wandering Soul
HR doodads/tilesets - Born2Modificate & Ogre
Warsong Grunt/ShatteredHandGrunt - Tauer
Mountain Giant - Red Shift
Footman - HappyTauren
Returned Skeletons - 67chrome
and many more...
Thanks to all.

Submaps
Highslide JS
Prologue
Darkness in Dreams

Moderator Comments (Recommended)
11:22, 13th Nov 2011
Vengeancekael: Approved. Review coming up.

Update:

Vengeancekael: Private Message
Date: 2011/Nov/13 11:31:13

Reasons:

Other:
Comment: Story:

I can't really tell what the story is all about yet, most of the cinematic was filled with combat scenes, but the evil creature in the end did make it more interesting. However this isn't very story focused, a character is just remembering all the creatures she has killed.

Camera:

The camera work is excellent, you can always see the important things, the camera sometimes even slows down during a killing blow and it is moving around a lot.

Terrain:

The environment looks amazing, you've used the high texture pack, everything is very detailed, it looks very realistic, especially the cliff hole in which Vel'dyr is. You've also used a lot of sound effects, especially for the river.

Combat Scenes:

The combat scenes are really intense and just look awesome, it's not just some guys hitting each other the whole time, but there are a lot of different moves, although some more überduper-special effects moves from the big guy would've been better. (in the chamber)

Overall:

It's a neat cinematic, with a high quality terrain and combat scenes, there are no small flaws, just it's not enough story-focused and there are some errors in the dialogues.
Admin Contact - Resource Moderation - Rules

This map is approved and works properly.

Download soch - prologue.w3n
(39.09 MB, 6628 Downloads)

Old 11-07-2011, 01:15 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered User Ken-E
Hive Underdog

Ken-E is a glorious beacon of light (457)Ken-E is a glorious beacon of light (457)Ken-E is a glorious beacon of light (457)
This looks epic, I'll try to play it if I have time. :)
Ken-E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 07:43 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered User APproject
Harmony-seeking Idealist

APproject is a splendid one to behold (916)APproject is a splendid one to behold (916)APproject is a splendid one to behold (916)
Ain't campaign supposed to contain at least 2 maps? It should be released as simple map instead. Otherwise it is considered as not completed resource.
Old 11-07-2011, 07:56 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered User Vengeancekael
I want you back

Vengeancekael has a reputation beyond repute (2131)Vengeancekael has a reputation beyond repute (2131)Vengeancekael has a reputation beyond repute (2131)Vengeancekael has a reputation beyond repute (2131)
Merit Badge: Level 1: Community's Excellence: Reflects ideal social skills and a bonding power that would bring peace even among the Horde and the Alliance. Former Staff Member: This user used to be on the Hive Workshop staff. User of the Year: 2012 
Indeed.
Unless you're going to release the next map very soon, then no action is required.
If not, upload the only map as a single file and give it an appropriate map type. I'll delete this once you've done so.
Vengeancekael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 08:59 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered User Naiden
Sea of Chaos

Naiden will become famous soon enough (95)Naiden will become famous soon enough (95)Naiden will become famous soon enough (95)
I can't. All of my imports are from campaign import manager.
Is that a huge problem?
Old 11-08-2011, 02:45 PM   #6 (permalink)
I want you back

Vengeancekael has a reputation beyond repute (2131)Vengeancekael has a reputation beyond repute (2131)Vengeancekael has a reputation beyond repute (2131)Vengeancekael has a reputation beyond repute (2131)
Merit Badge: Level 1: Community's Excellence: Reflects ideal social skills and a bonding power that would bring peace even among the Horde and the Alliance. Former Staff Member: This user used to be on the Hive Workshop staff. User of the Year: 2012 
Bah leave it then.
Old 11-08-2011, 04:12 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered User Naiden
Sea of Chaos

Naiden will become famous soon enough (95)Naiden will become famous soon enough (95)Naiden will become famous soon enough (95)
Thank you very much :)
Old 11-08-2011, 07:09 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered User Skipper
Southern Man ...

Skipper has a spectacular aura about (134)Skipper has a spectacular aura about (134)Skipper has a spectacular aura about (134)Skipper has a spectacular aura about (134)
Let the Czech/Slovak maps rise! The best Slovakian terrainer Creating map, ouuh, what we need more?
Old 11-09-2011, 08:29 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered User Ken-E
Hive Underdog

Ken-E is a glorious beacon of light (457)Ken-E is a glorious beacon of light (457)Ken-E is a glorious beacon of light (457)
Full Review

This is truly an epic project, the intro cinematic was awesome and entertaining. However, it broke The Rules. This is currently a WiP of the entire campaign.

Like the guys said above, do the separate maps.
Sorry for the late feedback.
Ken-E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 10:03 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered User Naiden
Sea of Chaos

Thanks for reply.
As I said, this is only one playable map project in campaign file, so when I'll release the full project, it will have only prologue and one playable map, so it's not a campaign.
Old 11-11-2011, 04:36 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered User rednek
sup?

rednek has little to show at this moment (55)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken-E View Post
Like the guys said above, do the separate maps.
People, are you serious? Have you never been working on a campaign file in your life?
Just look how many imports he has in the map! Would you really have him re-import all of them from campaign import manager into map import manager, set all the paths for textures and objects in object editor etc.? Plus nobody actually cares about how it's done and it's a very boring work for a good few hours? And he's probably going to create more maps using the same campaign file, so he would have to do it like it's done now anyway?
rednek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 10:24 AM   #12 (permalink)
I want you back

Approved for now. Review coming up in a moment.

edit:

Review:

Story:

I can't really tell what the story is all about yet, most of the cinematic was filled with combat scenes, but the evil creature in the end did make it more interesting. However this isn't very story focused, a character is just remembering all the creatures she has killed.

Camera:

The camera work is excellent, you can always see the important things, the camera sometimes even slows down during a killing blow and it is moving around a lot.

Terrain:

The environment looks amazing, you've used the high texture pack, everything is very detailed, it looks very realistic, especially the cliff hole in which Vel'dyr is. You've also used a lot of sound effects, especially for the river.

Combat Scenes:

The combat scenes are really intense and just look awesome, it's not just some guys hitting each other the whole time, but there are a lot of different moves, although some more überduper-special effects moves from the big guy would've been better. (in the chamber)

Overall:

It's a neat cinematic, with a high quality terrain and combat scenes, there are no small flaws, just it's not enough story-focused and there are some errors in the dialogues.

Rating: 4/5
Old 11-15-2011, 05:22 AM   #13 (permalink)
Registered User AcTePuKc
User

AcTePuKc has little to show at this moment (3)
Look very nice, hope you will release something completed soon :)
Успех :)
AcTePuKc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 08:09 AM   #14 (permalink)
Registered User DD Canada
Your Pitch, My Den

DD Canada has disabled reputation
Hello,

This is a nice map (in campaign's clothing), with pretty good combat scenes. The voices when the main character prayed (well, I assume she prayed) were something that surprised me a bit (positively).

Downsides are the lacking of story and grammar errors, such as "allways" should be "always".

Oh and the loading screen artwork was really impressive. :)

4/5

Old 11-20-2011, 09:33 AM   #15 (permalink)
Registered User Kl3sk
I review maps...I guess

Kl3sk will become famous soon enough (114)Kl3sk will become famous soon enough (114)Kl3sk will become famous soon enough (114)
I can only hope a demo will come out before we hit 2012...beautiful!