• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Bearena v760

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Bearena v760 - A new type of Arena/Action/Strategy/Boss/CTF/ETC Hybrid
By AngryBovine (Now =CJK= Toss)

[Note - I'll put up additional information about this game later, but there should be enough for you to work on.]

Current Existing Modes:
-deathmatch
-bearkiller
-capture the flag
-snipers (laser only)
-rockball (like oddball)
-king of the hill
-swat (srs realism)
-rounds
To be Implemented Modes:
-weavel (boss killers)
-invasion (zombie invasion)
-300 (defeat 300 hardass spartans and Leonidas)
-uplink (like Arathi Basin)
-defusal (-de, bomb defusal)
-assault (also known as 1 flag reverse ctf)
-siege (1 attacker 1 defender)
-dota (dota parody)
-unreal (quake/ut)
-mole (raghav boss)
-halo (lol shields)

This has been a long time in the coming. This map has been lying around in a while, we've kicked it around playing it on local games. So, my friend brought up the great idea of unleashing it to you here at the Hive.

This map isn't your usual mini-game arena. Contained within this map are a variety of game modes that Player 1 (usually the host) can choose at the beginning of the game. Each game mode has a different style of play and a different way to win. Custom limits can be imposed on the score needed to win each game. To try a different game mode, just remake the game!

The game modes contained are some of your usual, and some of your not-so-usual. Familiar game types such as Deathmatch (which is the default) and Capture the Flag probably ring well with those who have played the FPS genre. Others, like -weavel, are a little more unique and that mode is a boss fight in and of itself.

So what exactly is Bearena? The base game of Bearena is a simple "circular" arena; what with average bears running around fragging each other. Use quick reaction speeds and good (and liberal) use of the blink ability to oust your enemies. Conveniently, the hotkeys for your basic skills are QWER. Once you become familiar with the basic game, you can mix up the game by trying out different modes.

Give it a try! It's not everyday you can be a bear and shoop da whoop on others!

Disclaimer: Bearena and its maker not responsible for odd bouts of bear-related side effects, including blinking to unreachable heights, firing beardoukens without restraint, underaged lawlstomping, and unlicensed shooping.

Keywords:
Bear, Blink, Arena, Deathmatch, CTF, Minigame, Multikill, Killing Spree, Oddball, King of the Hill
Contents

Bearena v760 (Map)

Reviews
15:30, 31st Jul 2010 ap0calypse: Rejected
Level 9
It's certainly unique, which was what I was shooting for. Most of the game modes you really can't play single player, except for maybe -weavel. You can put in some comps for some target practice, but to get the real experience this is really a multiplayer game.

(Did you win your soccer game? lol)

Level 2
help

how to type the curse of the boss, it's now about 1h we are trying to find out oO

Level 9
Sorry for the late response! I've been on vacation, and forgot to check this site. All you need to do to beat shackles is to type out what it says above your bear! It was sorta my sinister intention to mess around with my friends for how to beat shackles, and I forgot to put a more clear statement for how to get through shackles.

Level 1
Man, this is fun. A random fragfest would be nothing special, but this brings a variety of modes and BEARS to boot, not to mention all the memes secreted throughout. Amusing and plain epic.

Level 3
Im always commenting on youre maps and im back to warcraft 3 so i just have to comment on this Beararena i must say creative idea hm hm hmmmm hmmm hm.