• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Campaign] Malfurion's Quest

Level 31
Hey guys!

I have been playing around with the Highborne buildings this past week. Here's a couple of images of some of the new buildings they will have:

183891-albums7057-picture97466.jpg
183891-albums7057-picture97465.jpg
183891-albums7057-picture97464.jpg

Level 12
The buildings looks great Turnro but the size of the campaign will slightly increese ?

Level 12
That won't be a problem with the filesize. The buildings would make the campaign have more highborne feeling.
I know that the filezise doesnt matter too much , i was just curious . And btw , the campaign will have 30 maps so the filezise would be pretty big.

Level 11
Turnro, through the campaign, you may need to reconsider about explaining the way how is the Legion actually going to come to Azeroth. When Azgalor was the leader, the Legion came by the unfortunate help of the orcs, who killed Eredon The Illusionist, but how will it be possible for Legion to come to Azeroth now that there are no connection between Azeroth and the Twisting Nether? That idea crossed my mind and thought about sharing it with the community :)

Level 31
Turnro, through the campaign, you may need to reconsider about explaining the way how is the Legion actually going to come to Azeroth. When Azgalor was the leader, the Legion came by the unfortunate help of the orcs, who killed Eredon The Illusionist, but how will it be possible for Legion to come to Azeroth now that there are no connection between Azeroth and the Twisting Nether? That idea crossed my mind and thought about sharing it with the community :)

An interesting point, Lazarator. While there may appear to not be any connection between Azeroth and the Twisting Nether, part of the answer to that question is revealed in Resurrection of the Scourge.

I'm not a person who likes revealing spoilers, but you can assume that how the Burning Legion will return to Azeroth will be explained in the later maps of Malfurion's Quest.

Level 12
Turnro , what will happen with Varimathras ? He is the last dreadlord still alive from Ressurection of the Scourge , do you have plans for him ?

Level 11
Turnro , what will happen with Varimathras ? He is the last dreadlord still alive from Ressurection of the Scourge , do you have plans for him ?

I think he would probably end up dead like the rest of the Legion invaders, unless the ending of the campaign is bad where the Legion takes over Azeroth and we don't expect to see that happen now... do we? :D

Level 12
I certainly do have plans for Varimathras, but what will happen to him is something that we shall wait and see ;)
I mean Turnro , Kil Jaeden killed his brother , Tichondrius so i believe that Varimathras will betray Kil Jaeden and give infos to Malfurion , or something

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
I mean Turnro , Kil Jaeden killed his brother , Tichondrius so i believe that Varimathras will betray Kil Jaeden and give infos to Malfurion , or something

Varimathras betrayed Tichondrius and allowed Kil'Jaeden to kill Tichondrius in the first place. I don't think he'd betray him because of that.

Level 8
Varimathras hte more the Azeroth world then one like hi,so i think Kil'Jaedan use Varimathras into a suicide mission or something like this.
But my really question is: will the humans or the orcs (Thrall,Drecktar,and the others orcish clans from Jeopardy for the Horde),join against the might of the Burning Legion?
Or this mission will go unnoticed for the rest of the world?

Level 8
Varimathras hte more the Azeroth world then one like hi,so i think Kil'Jaedan use Varimathras into a suicide mission or something like this.
But my really question is: will the humans or the orcs (Thrall,Drecktar,and the others orcish clans from Jeopardy for the Horde),join against the might of the Burning Legion?
Or this mission will go unnoticed for the rest of the world?

This was mentioned before, and if it's happens it would be like the history of Warcraft and it's a alternative history.(Just what some people said and i agree)So it would be better leave the Night Elves confront the Burning Legion by themselves or we should wait to see it for ourselves :)

Level 31
As you are using those modes someway like "dalaran-ish/purple-ish theme" for the Highborn, this models could help you alot! Model 1 Model 2 Model 3 Model 4. Hope you like! :)

Where did you find these models? They are exactly the architectural styled buildings I am after!

You found these models just in time before the demo is to be updated. It's cut close, but I'll see how I go in adding them into the campaign for the next update ;)

Level 31
Great news everyone! The demo of Malfurion's Quest has been updated to include the new maps, as well as other features. You can download and read the logs for the newest version here.

For those of you who have played and completed Chapter 3 and wish to play the new chapters, use the codes in the below hidden field. However, I suggest replaying the old maps as well since they have all been vastly improved.

1. Enter the campaign as per usual and play Chapter 1 - A Destiny Unravels
2. Once in, press enter and type one of the following codes:
"sentinel 08" (this will skip to Chapter 4 of the Sentinel storyline)
"highborne 09" (this will skip to Chapter 4 Part 1 of the Highborne storyline)

NOTE: Typing these codes will also unlock all existing maps before it in the loading screen, depending on which storyline you choose to skip to.

Level 11
I'm impressed how you made these new maps, Turnro. I have completed the Highbourne's maps and it was so disappointing for me to see just how ruthless and unemotional Malfurion became, especially when he made a trap for that Druid of the Claw and when he killed Tyrande. Have I not expected to see that coming :(

Level 23
I'm impressed how you made these new maps, Turnro. I have completed the Highbourne's maps and it was so disappointing for me to see just how ruthless and unemotional Malfurion became, especially when he made a trap for that Druid of the Claw and when he killed Tyrande. Have I not expected to see that coming :(

You spoiled it man, I just finished the Sentinel storyline. :( And what I have found out about Tyrande I fear to play the Highborne storyline.

Level 8

You reminded me one part of the campaign, Chapter 4 Sentinel.
Now i will play the Highbourne xD
Also, great work Turnro this is great! :)

Level 11
Oh, I'm sorry, guys. I didn't know you haven't finished Highbourne storyline, but that's just how Turnro made it end lol. Don't blame me for completing the story before you :p

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
Oh, I'm sorry, guys. I didn't know you haven't finished Highbourne storyline, but that's just how Turnro made it end lol. Don't blame me for completing the story before you :p

And I completed the story long before you did, still did I post about it? No, because we don't do that.
Use hidden or spoiler tags, at least. ;)

Anyway, great work Turnro, as always! :)

Level 11
And I completed the story long before you did, still did I post about it? No, because we don't do that.
Use hidden or spoiler tags, at least. ;)

Anyway, great work Turnro, as always! :)

Well, I said I'm sorry. I don't know how to use posting commands, anyway :D
I made the account only to comment and give my personal ideas and thoughts about the game/campaign and I didn't pay attention about spoilers and harmful comments xD

Level 31
This post is to inform you all of my current plans for Chapter 5 of the Sentinel storyline.

Lately, I have been playing around with map traveling in the World Editor. This system is similar to Rexxar's campaign from The Frozen Throne, where heroes can travel between different maps.

Many of you would have noticed that there is a bonus map after Chapter 5 on the forum's map progress section. This map is to provide additional content to the story, allowing the player to explore side stories and acquire powerful items for completing it.

Level 8
Hello, that's great news and i have a suggestion for Cenarius chapter you can put some marauders orcs to fight for lumber against Cenarius .The orcs having more strategy work point with fortress leaded by strong captain and you can put some boss fights(for example) : if the orcs hero win the fight against night elves hero they will continue to stay in the forest but if not they will go from Kalimdor but the night elves will hunt them all down, the fight to include only the heroes,no troops.