• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

[Campaign] Malfurion's Quest

Level 31
Would you mind telling me where I can find the music playing when Mephistroth joins Kil'Jaeden's council? Thanks :)

The music was one of the themes from Outland in the Burning Crusade expansion. If you have WOW, you have access to this music ;)

As for my progress, you will all be pleased to know that there will be a new acquirable hero in the Sentinel storyline:

Jarod Shadowsong

183891-albums7057-picture98362.jpg

Jarod will be an optional hero to gain, as a reward for completing his quest. Once acquired, he will make regular appearances throughout the rest of the story, which is a very similar approach to what I did with Grom and Rexxar in Jeopardy for the Horde.

Level 8
That's a very nice idea turno ! Is this like the brewmaster in the blood elf campaign of TFT ?

I would say in Rexxar campaign, because it will appear in the rest of the campaign and the Pandaren in Blood Elf Campaign was for one chapter only.

Level 11
Anyhow, I am interested if anyone has played Malfurion's Quest on Insane difficulty. If yes, did any of you find it extremely hard to play or found any mission in particular difficult?

Not extremely, it's playable, and Jpurney to Astranaar is hard as hell, I have to say, I lost like, 7 times, lol. But it's better that way.

Level 8
I've played the Sentinel storyline on insane dificulties and i have some points for:
1. Some creeps are dangerous but they can be beaten.
2. The chapter 3 "ending the chase" is well fixed in difficulties in my opinion.
3.In chapter 4 "Journey to Astranaar" the corruption is kept well.
4. Can you make a story for the srhine how he appears.
5. When controlling Astranaar the sathyr are to less and not so good organizated.
6. After i destroyed the shrine the game cuts and take another scenes and i'm agreed with this so must not be destoyed all the base.
7.The Hints are super for the challenges ,without hints all the game can be lost and is not recomended for huge maps.

I've take account on that hint after the destoyed of the shrine, i've lost 5 times against the orcs heroes just to realized how can i defeat them,its strategic the fights ,but was very tight,i winn to limits at health.
Thanks for this great demo Turnro and kepp progressing on this.

Deleted member 238589

D

Deleted member 238589

@Turnro: I haven't played the Sentinel story-line, but I noticed in a screenshot with an Ancient of War, that you're using both Huntresses and Sentries. Don't they have the same role? If you're already in need of tougher front line troops on early tiers, you can just give Huntress' heavy armor or something like that, or simply replace them entirely with the Sentries. It's kinda pointless to have two units with the same role.

Deleted member 238589

D

Deleted member 238589

They're melee fighters, as much as I recall.

Deleted member 238589

D

Deleted member 238589

I just don't see the point of having them both.

Deleted member 238589

D

Deleted member 238589

It's not the same at all, we have Druid of the Claw to fulfill that role.

Level 8
into a battle you cannot fight only with druid of the claw and huntresses it is necesarry to have more type of warriors into a battle by the way for the range fighters cannot add heavy armor its too unnadecvate and this are night elves .

Level 21
into a battle you cannot fight only with druid of the claw and huntresses it is necesarry to have more type of warriors into a battle by the way for the range fighters cannot add heavy armor its too unnadecvate and this are night elves .
I agree,night elves are more ranged based than melee

Level 15
Oh, I saw that on another custom campaign, sorry. I haven't played BETA because I don't want to ruin fun when it is finished, but if they are filling same roles, then one of them should be removed, don't add unit, because it looks cool, add it, if you have unique role for it!

Deleted member 238589

D

Deleted member 238589

Druid of the Claw (in bear form) is tier 3 heavy fighter for the Night Elves. They don't have a standard tier one melee, like other races do. If you're going to add a new unit, you have to adapt it to the techtree, not just randomly put it when you feel it's needed.
And I named heavy armor as one of possible solutions, I know it's not appropriate.

Level 8
I see the thinks in this order:the druids of the claw are respawned from Ancient of Lore.
They are respawned in druid form what makes him very appreciate for his skills for the elves more than wizards or shaman or priest but is weak in battles.
The bear form is a skill and only can be formed if you have Tree of Eternity sow you must have upgrade to make them form in conclusion for all unit it matter only as they appear.
I played in w3 (Frozen Throne) sentinel campaign in chapter 2(The Broken Isle) with druid of the claw in druid form and is not recomended to have too much of them if you don't have the bear form upgrade in the campaign the bear form was dissabled.
you can do nothing with him in brutal fight if you don't have his upgrade.
I see the other races they have theyr own simple brutal fightersand its ok but some races could make some change.

Deleted member 238589

D

Deleted member 238589

I see the thinks in this order:the druids of the claw are respawned from Ancient of Lore.
They are respawned in druid form what makes him very appreciate for his skills for the elves more than wizards or shaman or priest but is weak in battles.
The bear form is a skill and only can be formed if you have Tree of Eternity sow you must have upgrade to make them form in conclusion for all unit it matter only as they appear.
I played in w3 (Frozen Throne) sentinel campaign in chapter 2(The Broken Isle) with druid of the claw in druid form and is not recomended to have too much of them if you don't have the bear form upgrade in the campaign the bear form was dissabled.
you can do nothing with him in brutal fight if you don't have his upgrade.
I see the other races they have theyr own simple brutal fightersand its ok but some races could make some change.

Well, I said only in bear form, didn't I?

Deleted member 238589

D

Deleted member 238589

Well, clearly almost no one cares about a good tech tree anyway, so...

Level 31
Hey guys,

Many of you are aware that Jarod Shadowsong will be a playable hero in the Sentinel version of Malfurion's Quest. I have been working on what model he should have as well as his spells, and so I am after some suggestions so far.

This is the model he currently uses. Let me know what you think of it:
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/models-530/neblademaster-48136/?prev=c%3D2%26t%3D2%26r%3D20%26d%3Dlist%26page%3D3

I am also after some ideas for possible spells Jarod could have. His role is melee/support.

Level 15
Hmmm, model is decent, I like it. For spells, I would go whit somethting like this:
1. Bouncing Blade - throws a dagger on enemy unit, dealing damage, reducing ms, then bouncing 3 times, reducing ms and dealing minor damage to other units,
2. Demoralizing Shout - reducing damage and as to all nearby enemy units
3. Sword Mastery - % chance to deal double damage
4. War Banner - place a banner, giving to all nerby frendly units, bonus damage, attack and movespeed

Level 27
Hey guys,

Many of you are aware that Jarod Shadowsong will be a playable hero in the Sentinel version of Malfurion's Quest. I have been working on what model he should have as well as his spells, and so I am after some suggestions so far.

What kind of characterization will have Jarod?

A great general its very different of the husband who mourns his wife, was tired of politics and his lovely sister shenanigans.

The first works like the paladin, buffing and supporting trops, very good in army combat, the other its an one man army.

Level 31
Well, I Would suggestion a better now, tbh, the current is really bad, his face and hair is just a bad recolor.

This model is better, in my opinion: Night Elf Knight, but if you want a "blademaster", this model could be better: Blademaster.

Good luck Turnro! xD

Yes, the current model doesn't have the best remake for a head. I'll look at these suggested models and see what I can do.

What kind of characterization will have Jarod?

A great general its very different of the husband who mourns his wife, was tired of politics and his lovely sister shenanigans.

The first works like the paladin, buffing and supporting trops, very good in army combat, the other its an one man army.

Jarod will be both. He will possess offensive abilities, but it won't enable him to become a one man army (or at least that's the plan).

Level 31
I have played around with the possible spells for Jarod Shadowsong. So far, this is what I have:

Heroic Strike - Hits an enemy unit, dealing damage and slightly healing Jarod
Sword Slam - The Commander slams his sword to the ground, dealing damage and stunning nearby enemy units for a time
Command Aura - Increases nearby friendly units attack and movement speed
Seal of Protection - Significantly increases the armor of nearby friendly units for a short time
Bladestorm - Jarod's ultimate spell, needs no further description

Let me know what you think of Jarod's abilities so far.

Level 15
Very good ! The two firsts ones are the best (I think). I hope it will not be to dificult to obtain this hero ;)

EDIT: perhaps you could replace the command aura by an ability like feedback, so he will be able to destroy the mana of spellcasters.

And why to do that? He is supposed to be support character, not anti-mage chracter, so it doesn't fits him.

Level 3
Personally, I really want Jarod to be a meat tank like hero, beacause Malfurion, Tyrande and Faradrella are ranged heros. It is necessary to have a hero to stand at the front. Maybe you would consider Jarod to have a healing spell?

Level 12
Hey Turnro , great work man . I like the new hero Jarod . If i may suggest some spells :
Swift (select an enemy unit and a friendly unit and they switch their life points for a certain time and the spell works when the difference between their life points is 150/250/350 or whatever you want )
Nature conection ( This spell conects Jarod and the nearby friendly units and they will receive bonus attack points , depending of the number of units touched by the spell )
Tempo (slows the nearby enemy units when they touch Jarod , decrease their attack speed )
Ultimate : Victory need sacrifices (By sacrifice the life of Jarod , you can ressurect a dead hero of yours )

Level 31
Personally, I really want Jarod to be a meat tank like hero, beacause Malfurion, Tyrande and Faradrella are ranged heros. It is necessary to have a hero to stand at the front. Maybe you would consider Jarod to have a healing spell?

His Heroic Strike ability sort of acts as a healing spell. I wouldn't give Jarod an actual healing spell since the Night Elves already have plenty of ways to heal their troops.

Jarod's current spells does allow him to tank, so he can be used to take damage for his allies. In addition, his primary attribute will be strength.

Level 8
In my opinnion about Jarod spells are too weak. Common Bladestorm is ability used only for orc blademaster for me the night elves doesen't fits a spell like this .
Command aura the elves society have already toushands of aura .
The word slam changed ,hy not carry a hammer.
Sorry but this is my oppinion!!!!!!!!!!!!!
make for him a spell that slow enemies movement speed and attack in a line or create traps for his enemy reducing movement and taking damage or bleeding for a time
the blink ability still can be used.