• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Round Table of Arkain

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
You guys should have played the version that @Kasrkin had to play when testing. X)
- Around 100k less gold for the player on the map
- Destructors reinforcements costing 12 food each
- DARK ELVES. They REALLY make the chapter harder - you guys knew that was the reason why I wanted you to spare them, right? :-]

@Morris: I think the game still believes you killed them. Try again, I fixed that issue in Ch. Seven - I mean, you love that one, don't you? XD

Kasrkin

Hosted Project: LoA
Level 26
You guys should have played the version that @Kasrkin had to play when testing. X)
- Around 100k less gold for the player on the map
- Destructors reinforcements costing 12 food each
- DARK ELVES. They REALLY make the chapter harder - you guys knew that was the reason why I wanted you to spare them, right? :-]

@Morris: I think the game still believes you killed them. Try again, I fixed that issue in Ch. Seven - I mean, you love that one, don't you? XD
I am still tired from last night.

Level 9
But I replayed it thrice. :')
Third time was with the new patch
Nevermind I'll do it again and see =)
I feel like I'm being abused physically but loving it.

LickMyEyeBall

L

LickMyEyeBall

Encountered some graphical bugs after reloading the mission. Other than that didnt encounter any trouble. Well, except for the chapter itself:p. Also 2 questions. Did Thanok transform into a dragon to lead the attack? And will killing 3 black dragons at the edge of the map have any influence in the future?

Level 10
Okay, Kasrkin, indulge my curiosity. How the heck is a guy supposed to deal with those two demon slaves´ bases? Cause they have those cursed knights and they both defend when you attack one. Chopped me up in no time and with even less effort. Not even those destructors helped.
And what happened to templars? Wiping every pub in the kingdoms? Btw I managed to kill those orcs real cheap, built a small base where that invisible kobold thief is. Used catapults to clear the forest and make a new route to the orcs. A few executors, 4 catapults and barracks produced constant stream of zealots. Wiped them out in one fel sweep. I have an urgent question towards the orcs. Will they be getting siege tanks? :D :D

Sometimes dead centaur caused graphical bug, making it look like textures from that centaur are across the entire screen.

Looks like the people like this chapter. Meanwhile, I'm stuck fighting the elves...

Impy, what seems to be the trouble? You let captain Ironhide die, did you not?

Last edited:
Level 20
Boy is this a grind fest!!!!All kinds of nasty surprises as well...To think i havent even finished the chapter and 2 hourse have already passed. :eek:

Deleted member 238589

D

Deleted member 238589

You bent on killing our tan-less friends? :D

Maybe I'll end up letting them live. Not because they're hard to kill, but because I'm incredibly merciful and generally a nice guy overall.

Deleted member 238589

D

Deleted member 238589

Tell that to your other self. Im sure he doesn't share your opinion. :D
Also you may make this harder on yourself, you have been warned!

He's too dead to care. Beside, I saw the spoiler already. Thanks for the warning though.

Level 20
Which centaur unit/model causes this?

I think its the maruder centaur (the one with a battle axe) not sure tho.

Now i gained the traint kinslayer :/,Also i am kinda dissapointed from the lack of more chit-chat when we fuck up Rath's base or Sasrogan for that matter...It seems that destroyers yet again are the only real way of wining this chapter,gets kinda dull and grindy but hey at least we dont have to micro macro that much :p

Deleted member 238589

D

Deleted member 238589

Now i gained the traint kinslayer :/,Also i am kinda dissapointed from the lack of more chit-chat when we fuck up Rath's base or Sasrogan for that matter...It seems that destroyers yet again are the only real way of wining this chapter,gets kinda dull and grindy but hey at least we dont have to micro macro that much :p

I feel like Destructors kinda spoil the gameplay at the moment. It would be better if they were more like a regular unit, with less food cost and less damage (kinda lika night elf chimaera), so you can use normal armies alongside them, instead of just spamming them until you win.

Level 20
I think its the maruder centaur (the one with a battle axe) not sure tho.

I feel like Destructors kinda spoil the gameplay at the moment. It would be better if they were more like a regular unit, with less food cost and less damage (kinda lika night elf chimaera), so you can use normal armies alongside them, instead of just spamming them until you win.

Well on this PARTICULAR mission which from the looks of it you have not played it yet,belive me they were really the only way of doing it.I am not gonna spoil the fun.Just a tip,build a shitload of arcance towers.I do agree with you on that matter,Having to cut short other type of unites just so we can have a death squad of those dam things,makes the gameplay dull and grindy on a boring way...Not like that Kome Keep grinde mission.

Kasrkin

Level 26
Destroying demon slaves and orcs with no destructors? No problem.
For Empire and Emperor.jpg

Level 20
Hey wait a minute,I did not have acces to train Sorcceres...I just had priests as spellcasters...Shar...Why does he get to have extra toys :/

Kasrkin

Level 26
That explains...Anyhow no wonder you are still exuasted from the last testing...You did it the extra hard way (or was this a second playthrough)
This is the third time technically: first was with the
Dark Elf expedition
which had bugged AI at the time, second was me going back and making sure the Vanguard AI worked and they could actually defend themselves, somewhat, still won in the end, and finally the live version was to prove it could be done without destructors. It's after all not an optional objective if it's actually required.

Level 20
But still if we dont help em during the first assault they pretty much get rekt,I suppose Shar wants us to play fast at the begining of the map.

So i guess those three mines in the middle were ment to be used by "them".No wonder we had such massive deposits of gold on our two mines.
Where did you find that gem btw,was it from the market?Or someone drops it?

Level 10
But still if we dont help em during the first assault they pretty much get rekt,I suppose Shar wants us to play fast at the begining of the map.

So i guess those three mines in the middle were ment to be used by "them".No wonder we had such massive deposits of gold on our two mines.
Where did you find that gem btw,was it from the market?Or someone drops it?

Truesight gem? Its being held by a cobold thief. Leave your base and turn right. Its the dead end with campfire. Thief is invisible. Full of mines too.

Level 10
Went straight for Rath and then the demons...Talk about tunnel vision.

I actually made my own way. From where the cobold is I started clearing forest using catapults, built a base and cut my way through forest to surprise orcs right where their shiny thing is (their gold mine). Didnt think about that, did you Kas! :D

Kasrkin

Level 26
I actually made my own way. From where the cobold is I started clearing forest using catapults, built a base and cut my way through forest to surprise orcs right where their shiny thing is (their gold mine). Didnt think about that, did you Kas! :D

Did something similar back when testing chapter two, pesky demon gate.

Level 10
Did something similar back when testing chapter two, pesky demon gate.

Thought bout that but at the end too much work. Needed to blow it up asap so I just packed golden guard, heroes and marched through the murloc camp to finish it. Over in few minutes.

Level 10
Yeah, didn't want to send anything else up there so I sent catapults through the forest and slowly shot it to death.

What? Ran out of kasrkin and ogryns? :D :D

Edit: that chapter 9 reminds me a lot of warhammer 40k. Heck, those zeppelins even have chain guns! And battle suits! What the hell is going on? Is Rath like a zoophile? Banging horses all around? That how his reinforcements came to be? :D :D Just imagine that orc warchief Whatshisname yelling: our women dont have birth rate high enough! Dont just stand there, go bang something! Bang dogs (gnoll), horses (centaur), hell bang even one another (goblin), just bang something! We need numbers boyz! No matter how dumb, just that it can carry a weapon, even if it has to be a twig.

Last edited:
Level 9
@Kasrkin I'm about to replay the last chapter this.time with sparing the dark elves in chapter seven
Will.they going to make an appearance in 9 or no?
I'll replay it either way just for more hatred
This time without destructors and on the hardest difficulty to see how I would fare and to forcee not to use cheats in tough situations.

Level 10
@Kasrkin I'm about to replay the last chapter this.time with sparing the dark elves in chapter seven
Will.they going to make an appearance in 9 or no?
I'll replay it either way just for more hatred
This time without destructors and on the hardest difficulty to see how I would fare and to forcee not to use cheats in tough situations.

Yes they will be there. And they will not make van Douche happy.
Has anyone else noticed the incredible difficulty difference between first and second playthrough? I find the game way easier when you know all the dirty surprises it has in store for you.

Level 9
The only force that puts up quite a fight is the demon slaves
The Orcs are easy to defeat despite their large numbers.
Kasrkin I will take your advice and hope for the best
I spent 6 hours from chapter 6 till 9 just to get the dark elves

Level 20
When you know the overhall layout of the map,where the goons are most likely gonna squad on you its way easier...Right now i am more like focusing on the story rather the hardcore let me re-play it over and over again untill i find the most sinister way of drowning my enemys in their blood.Henc the Rat startegy...Which i feel so dirty about.

Level 10
The only force that puts up quite a fight is the demon slaves
The Orcs are easy to defeat despite their large numbers.
Kasrkin I will take your advice and hope for the best
I spent 6 hours from chapter 6 till 9 just to get the dark elves

I think I asked Shar about it and he said that you only need to replay that one mission where you want your decision to change and not play until that mission till the end.

Level 10
When you know the overhall layout of the map,where the goons are most likely gonna squad on you its way easier...Right now i am more like focusing on the story rather the hardcore let me re-play it over and over again untill i find the most sinister way of drowning my enemys in their blood.Henc the Rat startegy...Which i feel so dirty about.

Sometimes the rattiest way is the most sinister one :D I played for an hour kiting individual incoming armies, specifically the Sassy orcs into demon slaves´ base :D :D