• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Defense / Survival] Goblin Survival

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Goblin Survival v1.2 ENGLISH

156685-albums7792-picture92026.png

A small goblin expedition tries to explore an old dwarven mine, that was abandoned long time ago. All dwarves, that had worked there, were mysteriously killed, but all their unique recepies and blueprints of inventions and gadgets are still there.

Goblins want these blueprints and are going to find and get them all. But it's not as simple as it seems. An ancient evil didn't leave the mine after killing all dwarves. It's waiting for beeing released once again.

And goblins are not the only ones, who want to clean the mine from it's gold and ancient secrets - Rich and cruel corporation, called "Big-Dig", doesn't want goblins to get out of the mine alive. Will any of goblins manage to survive all this madness? You tell me.
156685-albums7792-picture92030.png

• Save-load system, which helps you to save your goblin after death for further adventures. Your save-code will be automatically saved to your WarCraft3 folder. Your save-file will show you your level and items.

• Don't let your goblin die of hunger. There're many ways of finding food - eat rats, find mushrooms, rob enemies buy a fishing rod and get some fresh fish. Don't forget to cook all this in the forge. Some goblins can even fry a living enemy to make sme food of him.

• 8 unique goblin classes. Each one has it's own abilities, perks, but your team must have all of them to survive. Almost all of the spells are custom. Some of them have special combos. For example if a Medic throws an acid grenade to a healing gas - it will explode instead of just dealing some damage over time!

• Each class has its unique perks, that become available each 25 levels. Your perks will help you to survive longer. Some perks will increase rat meat you gain from those tiny batards, some will improve your fishing skills, some will increase your main stats, and some of them will help you to gain more exp per kills. It's your choise.

• Over 700 interesting items, and you'll be able to get them only when you find out how to craft them. Yes-yes, there're almost no recepies for crafting items. You just put 2,3, or even 5 different items and craft. Who knows what powerful artifact you may get?.. But don't worry, there're some ways to find out some recepies for crafting, but you'll have to finish some quests to find them.

• 66 different waves of enemies. Bosses, mini-bosses, each wave has it's unique armor and attack type and abillities. Each goblin has it's own attack type too, so your goblin will be good at killing one type of enemies, and weak at killing others. Some enemies can fly, some of them can hide, some of them will even steal your ore! Bosses can cast different spells, they can blink and are almost immune to stun!

• 18 iteresting quests. Each quest has a short story, that sometimes is necessary to read. You'll know who goblins really are, who's Shizzle the Big-Dig, how did they all ended up in the cave, and many other funny things.

• Feel the power of teamplay! NOONE can survive alone. Be a real team - and you'll get what you want. All of you. Share gold, items and food. Found a rat? Share it with your friend! Or don't. Be a real goblin - crazy and unstable! Take cover behind your strongest teammates. Be useful for your team. That is the key to the victory.

• Difficulty system, which chooses how hard will your game be. It counts your goblins' level and chooses the best way to get you killed. But you may make the game easier by inviting new players to the game (they should take 1 lvl goblins). And you also can increase the difficulty level by yourself.

• Lots of things to discover in this little cave - rats are hiding from you, enemies hide items from you in holes. Almost each wave the game respawns resources all over the map. But be careful - some resources, like ore, can fall right on your head and kill you!

• Lots of minor and basic systems that will help you to easily understand what you should do. You can kick other players with a vote. You can turn friendly fire on and off. You will be punished for killing an ally. You can roll dices to win loot from bosses (or you canturn this option off). The game was made for your fun and joy. So enjoy it, please!)))

The project Goblin Survival was complited a long time ago, but was made on Russian, and had already found thousands of fans. Now you'll be able to enjoy this game too!

If you like this project and you want to support it - write to me here, or to my Skype (Diazz0229).

Supported by map-making Guild: Goblin Workshop

Attachments

• GoblinSurvival_1.2ENG.w3x
    6.7 MB · Views: 1,276
Last edited:
Level 6
The map is almost ready for translation:
There are only 3 heroes left for improving spells and some more items are to be added. After that I will need some help in Russian-to-English conversion of all the text I have in this map.
P.S. Hello, Stranger! If your English is very good and you're able to find mistakes in my messages - I'll be glad to see you in my team =) Plz PM me and add me to your friend-list here on Hive, so I'll be sure not to loose contact with you. I'm gonna really need you soon! =D

Level 6
The map is playable right now. I just need to change hero abilities for 3 goblins and add some new high-level items. And the map will be ready for translation. To help with translation you'll have to know what's the map about and what's in it, but it's on Russian now, so you may need somebody to play with you and explain. For example, me))

Level 4
Can't wait for some GOBLIN EXPLOSIONZ!!!

But still, it's hard to find a REAL TEAM nowadays in pub.

You'll gonna need to argue with them before cooperating with you.

Such people.....
Could use some AI for sub incase of quitters.

Level 6
Could use some AI for sub incase of quitters.

AI won't do any good in this map)) I mean it must very extra super creative AI to do something really useful. In this map quitters only lose. This map has a system of save-load, so if you quit - you may not get a powerful item from boss, or something like that. Usually if a player leaves - he's a newbie and nobody explained him how to play or how to get any item. Skillful players never leave with no reason. But new players are good in teams while playing this map - if you have a new player in your team - game difficulty will be automatically set to the much lower level.

P.S. I'll upload some gameplay screenshots and videos to show what is "Goblin Survival".

Level 6
Thanks. I've almost finished translation of the project (70k/78k lines of text are translated). I hope I didn't miss anything and translated everything correctly, so you could play this map. I also hope that someone can help me with testing it. IF anyone can help - just PM me, or add me in Skype (Diazz0229). But I have limited time - I'll be here only till 24th, and then disappear for a about one year =D

Level 12
Interesting project , i saw it before but i thought it was dead . Well , hope you will release soon

Level 6
I've finally made all the necessary translations and tested the map. I've uploaded it here: Link and to the attachment section. I don't think that I'll still have time to fix any bugs or grammar mistakes, but you still can report them here. Maybe I'll fix that when I come back.
Anyway I'm waiting for any feedback or questions about the map.

I would also be very greatful for any help with images for the main page of the project - I'm not very good with graphics.

Enjoy the map:goblin_yeah::goblin_good_job:

P.S. It's much better to play with a team, not alone. Save-load won't work for singleplayer. And always try to pick at least one Engineer per team. Their role is vital.
P.P.S. I'm going to launch a host-bot for this map on BNet and Garena as soon as our provider stops updating.

Level 6
Uploaded some gameplay screenshots. Sorry for some russian language there - my War3 did want to switch to English version. Now I hope that someone will play this map with a team untill I go to an army. I won't be able to watch your comments from there for a year(( So please, give me some comments about this project))

Last edited:
Level 1
This map is really great, but I personally don't like the idea of Sapper and many others ulti skills who said "Stun enemies"... and they not stun bosses... so they are pretty usseles fighting bosses, you can pass the map only with snipers(the only char that can stun), enginers and stalkers...
The sapper must be improved, his ulti skill is the worst, sorry about that, but is the truth. You can put infinite trap barrels, and then change location the boss with W skill, and then do self-suicide or ulti skill to do a bit of dmg, also I already checked all the skills of Sapper and none of him can stun... bug??... even with the item "Frag minelayer 50% chance to stun detonating a trap barrel for 3 seconds... 50% chance to do +500 extra dmg".... >>> STUN NOT WORK!. W skill stun not work... R skill stun not work!... thats why I said... "Sapper must be improved" or at least add a MINI STUN TO A SINGLE BOSS.. you can't just do W then R or Ulti and detonate all de trap barrels while the boss is not stunned "yeah... pretty insane to do because this char can't stun a single boss even with Frag minelayer item".
Also another tip... the only char who can stun bosses pretty easy is the Sniper... so all users would prefer to play as sniper than any other class... except Engi / Stalker / bombardier or Medic, they have a rol in the map.
Yesterday i played the map full house, all lvl +10 <= 35... lvl 38 Engi... 6 users playing Sniper......

Infinite stun.... to bosses. all the bosses till wave 30 was pretty easy... Lust was easy, infinite stun.. you need to do something about all the others chars about those ultis that say "stun" and THEY NOT WORK....
or they will even go for the "sniper bug stunner" with 6 of them you can do infinite stun
this is really... unbalanced.... really really unbalanced, sorry to about that, but is the truth, 80% of users would prefer to play a sniper. Just to keep bosses stunned. You need to do something about all the ultis of the others goblins they say "stun enemies" so they will be able to do at least a mini stun to bosses too, also you need to reduce the stun duration of all ultis of the goblins including sniper too, so they will work better... more balanced and not all people would play unique and exclusive with snipers.

* Another tip... if all users are new in the game, and no one know about any craft.. you should need to make at least free lvl 1-10 book of the time or add some tips to know about basic recipes like Armored suit in early game.. this will raise the population of the map. trust me
:)
I will rate this map 4/5, you need to do something about those tips I said.

Status
Not open for further replies.