• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Goblin Dominator Squad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 26
100693d1302529355-goblin-dominator-squad-goblin-dominator-squad.png

xc6uyp.jpg

This map tells the tale of seven devious backstabbing little goblins. The Goblin Engineer, the kind of criminal who could steal your radio, turn it into a robot and who would then command that robot to self destruct in front of your face. The Goblin Juggernaught, a brutish criminal, lives by the motto "When in doubt, hammertime". The Goblin Warlock, often causing explosions and vortexes due to his lacking knowledge of the twisting fluxes of the arcane. The Goblin Sniper, said to be capable of such magic tricks as sniping the wings of a fly a kilometer away and magically trap animals and enemies alike in his mighty bear trap. The Goblin Arsonist, wants the world to burn. The Goblin Profiteer, a highly unstable merchant and theif. He might blow up your house one day and sell you your old pants the other. The Goblin Rogue, I got nothing witty to say about this little fella, he just simply stabs people, with his pointy sharp metal objects that we call knives.

As a result of their many crimes, they have been exiled through an astral gate into another world. In which they now have to survive and build themselves a civilization. This world is a harsh environment, filled with ferocious beats, such as hungry hungry wolves, evil Ent-like monsters, dubbed cursed trespassers because of the way they were created, monstrous undead cults following a monster skeleton warlord. Nerubian demon spiders who wander the night in search of food, evil sea serpents that lurk in the ocean and those cute little gurgling Murlocs that are a lot bigger and smarter than the kind usually encountered in their original world that the goblins came from. All is not well in the life of a goblin criminal, but climb to glory, climb to the top I say, rally your forces, rule this land!

243p3yw.jpg

- A fully working terrain buffing system, which is used for spells as well as tactical purposes. Let's say it rains when your enemies comes to bombard you with mortars?
Goodie, that mud will slow em to a crawl, take them out before they pose any more danger to your city!
- A height system, that is, if an opponent tries to take you over by forces, guerrilla tactics will work as difference an opponent standing on a hill will have advantage over one who does not.
- A perfected building system.
- A perfected recipe system, which can be browsed through with a simple ability that each goblin is granted upon selection.
- Road building now has an actual purpose. Let's say you want your structures to have more life, you want to make them more sturdy? Then my good sir, build a proper foundation then. You want to make transportation more quickly? Oh well then, build yourself some fancy road, because being on that very road will grant your units extra movement speed. Which could be crucial while under attack or trading with your ally.
-A shitload more items to use for recipes. Such as collecting sand and water to produce glass and steam among other things. Maybe you decide to mix the two instead and get a very crude form of glue? That and more will be experienced in-game.
- A Tech Tree, in which each upgrade requires items, such as wood or stones for example. I've spent long hours on wikipedia trying to make the tech tree fairly accurate while still having the whole goblin feel to it.
- A Tier System, each tier enables more upgrades and more importantly, more units. The max tier level is 8. ^^
- A long list of goblin units for economic purposes as well as for warfare.
- A mine system, (the programmer helping me is on a hiatus, if anyone wish to take his spot and help me out, you're more than welcome, just send me a PM). The mines can only be taken over once the hostile takeover upgrade has been completed. Beware though, each mine is guarded by highly annoying gnolls and satyrs.
- A highly custom and experimental trade system which can only be accessed on the last few tiers.
- A fully functioning ally system, if you wish to attack your ally however, you need to unally your opponent. This will signal everyone of your broken alliance and enable him to attack you as well. However, if you don't unally your opponent, you will be unable to attack him.
- Don't care what hero you get? Then use the random function and your problems is solved!
- Changed your mind? Then repick, however, be warned, any structures you have built up to this point will disappear if you indeed choose to repick.
- Corpse system, killing an animal causes an identical unit to be spawned instantly, so quickly in fact that it's hard to detect the switch. You can then use the harvest skill on the animal to harvest meat, skin, bone and an item that will randomize. The same system applies if you kill an enemy player, a corpse will drop and you can harvest that corpse to get goblin skulls among other things, which are then used for bonus quests and bonus tech.

character.gif

- Goblin Tinker, has the spells "Tinker Wolves, Engineering Upgrade and Tinker Turret"

models_9548_screenshot.jpg

- Goblin Bruiser, has the spells "Wrecking Ball Tackle, Strength of the Bruiser and Hammertime"
2l8422.png

PASBTNCommand.png

HammerTime.png

models_1572_screenshot.jpg

- Goblin Arsonist, has the spells "Pyroclasm, Incinerate and Fire Bolt"
BTNAbility_Pyromancer_Pyroclasm.png

PASIncinerate.png

BTNFireBolt.png

attachment.php

- Goblin Rogue, has the spells "Backstab, Envenomed Weapons and Cut to the Chase"
Untitled-2.png

PASAbility_Rogue_DeadlyBrew.png

BTNAbility_Rogue_CutToTheChase.png

4492_1.gif

- Goblin Hunter, has the spells, "Snipe Target, Smiley Rounds and Beartrap"
2l8422.png

PASRiflemanSkill3.png

BTNAbility_Hunter_TrapLauncher.png

attachment.php

- Goblin Profiteer, has the spells "[Work In Progress], [Work In Progress] and [Work In Progress]"
2l8422.png

2l8422.png

2l8422.png

GoblinWarlock11.png
Just needs some animations and he'll be good to go.

- Goblin Warlock, has the spells "Voodoo Blood Drain, Arcane Overload and Chains of Torment"
BTNAbility_Warlock_BloodSurge.png

PASSpell_DeathKnight_BloodTap.png

BTNAbility_Warlock_VoodooChainsOfTorment.png

alchemist.gif

- Goblin Alchemist, has the spells "Healing Spray, [Work in Progress] and [Work in Progress]"
BTNHealingSpray.png

2l8422.png

2l8422.png

Closing Words

Yes, people, that's about it. If you wish to participate in the making of this map, just ask. Looking forward to your responses and whatnot.

Attachments

• WC3ScrnShot_041411_031520_01.png
    WC3ScrnShot_041411_031520_01.png
    2.5 MB · Views: 795
  • WC3ScrnShot_041711_010944_01.png
    WC3ScrnShot_041711_010944_01.png
    2.4 MB · Views: 3,121
Last edited:
Level 12
Just offering some help. here's the banner for the project becoz i'm looking forward to see this map done. the UI is already epic enough. ;D
attachment.php

Attachments

• Goblin Dominator Squad.png
    Goblin Dominator Squad.png
    90.1 KB · Views: 1,234
Level 27
Well, he could "beat the money out" of a unit. you know, you attack a unit with an ability, the graphical effect that appears when you pick up a coin is used on target unit, and target unit gets dazed and profiteer gets cash or some kind of boost and energy/hp regain.

About the rocket pack... that may be harder to figure out...

Level 26
Well, he could "beat the money out" of a unit. you know, you attack a unit with an ability, the graphical effect that appears when you pick up a coin is used on target unit, and target unit gets dazed and profiteer gets cash or some kind of boost and energy/hp regain.

About the rocket pack... that may be harder to figure out...

I'm not really sure how to beat money out of a person, but hey, I'll work on that.

Btw, been doing a couple first tries with BLP Lab. No matter what I do, my UI is never transparent. I don't get what I am doing wrong. I was planning on doing a special uber custom version for the map. I was planning on using a DGUI to get me an extra row displaying resources, which would enable me to have a lot more stuff, which would enable me to add Empire Earth elements into play. Personally, I think it would improve gameplay.

But, my coder chickened out realizing the difficulty coding such a thing. Even so, I began importing the other parts, but there's black boxes everywhere where it was intended to be transparent. I've been looking into settings and trying to figure out this, but it doesn't appear to work.

I got three questions for you guys. How do I solve this problem? Does anyone here know how to code a DGUI? Would anyone of those guys/girls want to help me?

Edit: Added the very first screenshot. Although of the UI, but not a really.. "working" Ui. If you're wondering why it's cut off to the upper right. I told you before. It's meant to be like that. ^^
The DGUI will fill that gap, whenever it comes.

Last edited:
Level 26
Minimage, if you need a terrainer I can do a variety of terrains easily, with the default terrain and doodads. The other project I volunteered for didnt reply at all D:

A terrainer! Interesting, PM me with a terrain example and we'll see. ^^

The Story was simple and nice. Hopefully your map goes off without a hitch.

In other words, good luck and may your mines exploded awesomely.

~Crazed_seal

Why, thank you. I'll do my best. ^^

Well all the texture problems should go to a texturing sub-forum... I'm sure there you can get more help with your UI there.

Weeell, I suppose I could post it in my UI thread. But the DGUI is about coding though. :O

Level 26
Maps are limited by max size of 8mbs. So you shouold probably stick with the map size thing... oh and I recommend you finding the way to decrease the msuic size, since big filesize will mean your map won't become popular on B.net or anywhere else multi-playable.

So I'm still good then? Well, I have seen the game called "foc bleach battlers.. something something" It's being hosted and played 24/7. It's bigger than my map.
But I do get your point. The goblin song is 1700kb. :/

I'm not really sure how to reduce space without severely reducing quality. :O

Level 17
The dgui is imposible (in my knowledge), you must use many destructible and other things in order to make it works, and...
Many many floating text
I'll suggest you stick with multiboard resource, or make a destructible resource openable(another spot in your map)

Level 26
The dgui is imposible (in my knowledge), you must use many destructible and other things in order to make it works, and...
Many many floating text
I'll suggest you stick with multiboard resource, or make a destructible resource openable(another spot in your map)

Actually, DGUIs work, but doesn't rely on doodads, it's just raw computer code to make a picture move with the UI. I know it's possible, I've seen it on one of the hosted projects on this site.
But yeah, It's kinda complicated, so threw it out the window and compromised. ;S

Level 26
in other hands, you can make something like kobas hero selection system, just let out a little empty spot on your map
:)

Kobas hero selection system isn't even close to the level of code needed for a DGUI. Don't get me wrong, the system looks spiffy.
I was referring to like Thyrael's map. He had one hell of a cool DGUI.

Edit:
Also, I'm not that much for that selection system to be honest. I'd prefer the regular old tavern. With Icons. ;D

Last edited:
Level 26
Great to hear. I wonder what XPQJ is up to though. I haven't heard from the guy in ten days. I'm not sure what has happened though. :(
Technically speaking, what's left is the terrain. Oh and a few models that is in the works. Buildings too, so yeah, eye candy stuff.

Stuff you add when you're polishing the final details.

I'm kinda annoyed though, all my terrainers are quitting on me. The one before this one quit due to his computer being a mac and the war3 map editor crashed every 5 minutes or so.
As for XPQJ's reason to suddenly disappear, I don't know why. ;/

Level 3
Well, I haven't released any maps for Warcraft 3 yet. I used to mod SWBF2 but the mod tools don't run on my windows 7 computer. So I switched. At the moment I've got a pretty big project going on, my first priority to to finish the terrain. How about I send you some screenshots or video when I'm done? It should only take my a few more days.

Level 26
Well, I haven't released any maps for Warcraft 3 yet. I used to mod SWBF2 but the mod tools don't run on my windows 7 computer. So I switched. At the moment I've got a pretty big project going on, my first priority to to finish the terrain. How about I send you some screenshots or video when I'm done? It should only take my a few more days.

That'll work. I mean, If you can't give me sceenshots faster, It'll work. XD
What does SWBF2 stand for btw?

Level 3
SWBF2 - Star Wars Battlefront 2.

Ok, here are some screenshots I made after a quick run through of my map. There's days left of work just finishing the terrain (although that's because I'm a terrain nazi) and even more time polishing it up with all the beautification, but this is my work so far...

WC3ScrnShot_111311_231558_07.jpg
WC3ScrnShot_111311_231234_04.jpg
WC3ScrnShot_111311_231125_03.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.