[Log in / Register]
| News | Chat | Pastebin | Donations | Tutorials | Rules | Forums |
| Maps | Skins | Icons | Models | Spells | Tools | Jass | Packs | Hosted Projects | Starcraft II Modding | Starcraft II Resources | Galaxy Wiki |
(Keeps Hive Alive)
Go Back   The Hive Workshop > Town Hall > The Arena > Contest Archive

Contest Archive All successfully completed contests are archived in this forum.

Old 10-05-2011, 06:20 PM   #16 (permalink)
Registered User Vengeancekael
I want you back

Vengeancekael has a reputation beyond repute (2131)Vengeancekael has a reputation beyond repute (2131)Vengeancekael has a reputation beyond repute (2131)Vengeancekael has a reputation beyond repute (2131)
Merit Badge: Level 1: Community's Excellence: Reflects ideal social skills and a bonding power that would bring peace even among the Horde and the Alliance. Former Staff Member: This user used to be on the Hive Workshop staff. User of the Year: 2012 
A campaign that's already started and I didn't know anything about it? I've already gotten everything I've always wanted too, except for an award...
SCREW THIS I'M TOO BUSY MAYBE I'LL JOIN A WEEK BEFORE THE DEADLINE
Old 10-06-2011, 07:52 AM   #17 (permalink)
Registered User Crazed_seal2
Alone? Perfect >:D

Crazed_seal2 is a jewel in the rough (178)
I might join.

My campaign is gonna be a battle between TRAP and Ponies
Old 10-06-2011, 09:28 AM   #18 (permalink)
Registered User Amargaard
Roleplaying Artist

Amargaard is a glorious beacon of light (590)Amargaard is a glorious beacon of light (590)Amargaard is a glorious beacon of light (590)Amargaard is a glorious beacon of light (590)Amargaard is a glorious beacon of light (590)Amargaard is a glorious beacon of light (590)Amargaard is a glorious beacon of light (590)
Lulz, that's gonna be awzum :D
Old 10-07-2011, 07:20 AM   #19 (permalink)
Registered User Crazed_seal2
Alone? Perfect >:D

Crazed_seal2 is a jewel in the rough (178)
I started on my intro map... However it is not Ponies vs Trap
Old 10-07-2011, 01:06 PM   #20 (permalink)
Registered User ronojales
Making comics :>

ronojales will become famous soon enough (93)ronojales will become famous soon enough (93)ronojales will become famous soon enough (93)
can i ask something about this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pharaoh_ View Post
Did they enhance the understanding of the lore?
is the campaign supposed to be about warcraft 3 lore or can the entry have a lore of its own?
Old 10-07-2011, 01:39 PM   #21 (permalink)
Registered User bowser499
Wizard of the Koopas

bowser499 is a jewel in the rough (258)bowser499 is a jewel in the rough (258)bowser499 is a jewel in the rough (258)bowser499 is a jewel in the rough (258)
I don't know if I have time to step in this contest... But I'll try.

[ myBoard ]
[ Click it please! | Mini Game Mapping Contest #8! | The Dawn of OaD ]
Old 10-08-2011, 05:35 PM   #22 (permalink)
Registered User 67chrome
Vehemently Apathetic

67chrome has much of which to be proud (1191)67chrome has much of which to be proud (1191)67chrome has much of which to be proud (1191)67chrome has much of which to be proud (1191)67chrome has much of which to be proud (1191)67chrome has much of which to be proud (1191)67chrome has much of which to be proud (1191)67chrome has much of which to be proud (1191)
Techtree Contest #5 - Winner: Drow Race: An exceptional addition to the WarCraft III racial set-up, rife with unique features that even a Blizzard employee would be jealous of! Former Staff Member: This user used to be on the Hive Workshop staff. Concept Art Contest #5 - Winner: Cerberus Texturing Contest #13 - Winner: Naga Predator Texturing Contest #14 - Winner: Fel Warden 
Ohh, this looks interesting. I'd be interested in joining, but I'm pretty much into everything except creating an actual storyline XD, always viewed those more as an excuse to kill stuff and a basic explanation for why you get to use some RFC stuff than anything else.

So basically I'm down for teaming up with someone who is more interested in writing the storyline for a campaign (being great with triggers is always a + to, I'm so-so with them at best).

One question though; how much like the WC3 champaigns should this one be? Considering the guidelines are pretty open-ended I'd assume we aren't making (more or less) a tutorial to play a racial techtree, and rather we could do something pretty different from wc3 gameplay like change the function of armor to grant evasion rather than % damage reduction, right?
Old 10-08-2011, 05:37 PM   #23 (permalink)
Registered User Pharaoh_
Stormscreamer

Pharaoh_ has been here far too long (3166)Pharaoh_ has been here far too long (3166)Pharaoh_ has been here far too long (3166)Pharaoh_ has been here far too long (3166)
Merit Badge: Level 1: Community's Excellence: Reflects ideal social skills and a bonding power that would bring peace even among the Horde and the Alliance. User of the Year: 2011 Short Story Contest #6 - Winner: When Death Reflects Life Voice Acting Contest #2 - Winner: Dark Angel 
Yes, of course, I am not fond of the default mechanisms myself, just make sure you explain everything thoroughly!
Old 10-08-2011, 05:53 PM   #24 (permalink)
Registered User Bugz
*Team Radiance*

Bugz is a jewel in the rough (246)Bugz is a jewel in the rough (246)Bugz is a jewel in the rough (246)Bugz is a jewel in the rough (246)
PayPal Donor: This user has donated at least $20 to The Hive. 
Quote:
Originally Posted by 67chrome View Post
Ohh, this looks interesting. I'd be interested in joining, but I'm pretty much into everything except creating an actual storyline XD, always viewed those more as an excuse to kill stuff and a basic explanation for why you get to use some RFC stuff than anything else.

So basically I'm down for teaming up with someone who is more interested in writing the storyline for a campaign (being great with triggers is always a + to, I'm so-so with them at best).
I can write a storyline, and make terrain. Sadly i am a so-so to triggers aswell.
Old 10-09-2011, 01:31 AM   #25 (permalink)
Registered User Mechanical Man
User

Mechanical Man is a splendid one to behold (864)Mechanical Man is a splendid one to behold (864)Mechanical Man is a splendid one to behold (864)Mechanical Man is a splendid one to behold (864)Mechanical Man is a splendid one to behold (864)
Modeling Contest #13 - Winner: Towers 
It would be nice to work with 67chrome, but I'm not the one because:
- I suck at doing storylines too
- I'm already making an other campaign (having other dude to do the story)

You could do based on some book though

and what is RFC?
Old 10-09-2011, 03:17 PM   #26 (permalink)
I want you back

Vengeancekael has a reputation beyond repute (2131)Vengeancekael has a reputation beyond repute (2131)Vengeancekael has a reputation beyond repute (2131)Vengeancekael has a reputation beyond repute (2131)
Merit Badge: Level 1: Community's Excellence: Reflects ideal social skills and a bonding power that would bring peace even among the Horde and the Alliance. Former Staff Member: This user used to be on the Hive Workshop staff. User of the Year: 2012 
Oki, me and KayS will be joining the contest as well :3
Old 10-10-2011, 06:22 AM   #27 (permalink)
Registered User Brambleclaw
Standard Map maker

Brambleclaw is a jewel in the rough (184)Brambleclaw is a jewel in the rough (184)
This looks awesoume.

I think i'm gonna join since this Co-incides with 2 weeks of holiday. Free time =D

If Anyone wants to be a team. "I would be happy to" (Peon quote =D)

Open to idea's.

Last edited by Brambleclaw; 10-14-2011 at 08:52 PM.
Old 10-10-2011, 02:46 PM   #28 (permalink)
Registered User Pharaoh_
Stormscreamer

Pharaoh_ has been here far too long (3166)Pharaoh_ has been here far too long (3166)Pharaoh_ has been here far too long (3166)Pharaoh_ has been here far too long (3166)
Merit Badge: Level 1: Community's Excellence: Reflects ideal social skills and a bonding power that would bring peace even among the Horde and the Alliance. User of the Year: 2011 Short Story Contest #6 - Winner: When Death Reflects Life Voice Acting Contest #2 - Winner: Dark Angel 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronojales View Post
can i ask something about this:

is the campaign supposed to be about warcraft 3 lore or can the entry have a lore of its own?
Anything you wish, War3 or custom lore, just make sure it is revolving around war.
Old 10-11-2011, 04:49 PM   #29 (permalink)
I want you back

Too bad we don't have that much time ;_;
Anyways, me and KayS already have the storyline written down.
Old 10-11-2011, 06:16 PM   #30 (permalink)
Forum Moderator -Kobas-
★ SotP Project Leader ★

Resource Moderator

-Kobas- has a reputation beyond repute (2322)-Kobas- has a reputation beyond repute (2322)-Kobas- has a reputation beyond repute (2322)-Kobas- has a reputation beyond repute (2322)-Kobas- has a reputation beyond repute (2322)-Kobas- has a reputation beyond repute (2322)
Hero Contest #6 - Winner: Alora, the Priestess of Moonlight was found to be the most succesful defender against the Armies of the Burning Legion! A hero by -Kobas-. Hero Contest #5 - Winner: Stormbringer was -Kobas-'s entry, who incorporated lightnings as the power of future weaponry. Despite the instability of lightnings, this entry was stable enough to be approved by judges and public. A hero by -Kobas-. Mini-Game Mapping Contest #4: -Kobas- has won the fourth edition of The Hive Workshop's Mini-Game Mapping Contest with his entry: "Hunted". Check out the Arena if you want to participate on competitions as well! 
I'm busy with school and I can't let SotP down so I won't join.
Still Pharaoh_ I would like to judge, so if you need someone for the job sign me in ;)

Shadows of the Past v0.9.3.0
Check it out -> ★ Shadows of the Past ★

SotP History Video

Offence of the Gods v1.0.0.0
Check it out -> ★ Offence of the Gods ★

New Project