• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Techtree Contest #10 - Mythology

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have to put the id of your gold mine into Spellbound's setup.
Lemme make it simple for you,use Spellbound's setup than copy the id you've done in the previous and change human race to nightelf.That should work(?)

EDIT : Hey guys,which one you prefer for the Head Cultist hero's skin I'm working on/remaking
152955d1458039134-recolor-request-guardian_purple_preview.png

152960d1458061817-recolor-request-g_text_edit.jpg

I need help guys.
This is my first time meddling with JASS.
My custom gold mine isn't created during the start of the game.
The custom wisp creates gold mines similar to acolytes.
I tried moving the wisp to undead but it just crashed the game after attempting to create the custom gold mine.

If your game crashes when you build a mine that probably means your custom haunted gold mine doesn't have Blighted Gold Mine Ability, as an ability. Moving the wisp to undead ensures they can summon buildings, which is necessary to create haunted gold mines that retain their existing amount of gold. Otherwise it will set the gold amount to 0.

I did try messing around with a buildable Entangled Gold Mine before, but I don't really remember what I did. I can't guarantee this will work, but try giving your custom gold mine these abilties:

Blighted Gold Mine Ability (so it can be built on top of a gold mine. The builder must be of the Undead race)
Entangled Gold Mine Ability (this determines the gold per interval. 5 workers = the shortest interval, I think)
Load Wisp (copy and modify to allow your worker unit only)
Load (Entangled Gold Mine) (sets the limit of the number of workers available and load sound. Unless you want to change sound, I'd leave this ability as-is.)
Unload Instant (Entagled Gold Mine) (this will automatically unload all workers from the gold mine if it's destroyed or depleted.

This /should/ allow your custom entangled mine to be built without having to having a nearby building with Uproot to entangle it via a spell.

Well it builds alright but it doesn't mine... imo either just go with a custom Haunted Gold Mine or trigger the gold harvesting. You can use Bribe's Unit Event to catch when units enter and exit transports - that includes entangled gold mines.

What I changed in this demo map is that is remove the Acolyte's gold harvesting ability (you don't actually have to replace it with the wisp's - that just to harvest lumber), add the abilities I previously mentionned to then haunted gold mine, and changed Load Wisp to allow Acolytes instead of Wisps.

Level 5
I prefer the White-Haired one. I think the green Air doesn't fit into Faceless Voids/Cthulhu Servants.

I vote for white-haired one as well. Green-haired one looks weird.

EDIT: New update!

I'm frankly a bit bored with the types of towers we see in most Warcraft custom maps, and I love me some creative towers, so I figured I'd try something new.
Uses Missile. The speed of the attacking fairies is relative to the distance between the target and the tower. If the target is immobile, it takes 1 seconds to go forth and 2 seconds to go back.

Last edited:
I love you.
Looking at your customs,I'll surely lose to a scripter like yourself.
OhTheShame.jpg

Oh well,I think...
g1359686552336510299.jpg

Dude, come on, if you're participating solely for the aim of wining, then you're not doing it right. Nothing is set in stone - even if what I'm presenting looks great, there are a lot of factors to consider before a submission is declared the winner.

To be perfectly honest, I'm not sure if I'll have time to finish my submission. I'll try, though.

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer
Level 40
What? No,no,no.I was being sarcastic <:V
Those memes were a joke.I will still crush your race to dusts >:D

LONG LIVE CTHULHU!!!

EDIT : @Spellbound : I just relized that your buildings doesn't have potraits.That will result as poor score,since I've read the previous contest and Veljkom has reduced score , regarding the potraits.

traitor :D
traitor-stormtrooper-gif.gif

Still a good thing that you aren't someone like me who gives up without actually trying.
Though I did try to join the contest but the race system screwed me over big time.

Hey guys!
I got a WIP video uploaded in youtube.Thanks to Spellbound for telling me how to record vids.

EDIT:
Note : The numbers at the side of the screen is just debug point orders I need to use for now.And the timed life for Cultists is a bug.
Also,the gold draining's lightning is being worked on to be able to fly through the Hall's Obelisk

Deleted member 238226

D

Deleted member 238226

whoa man, i've gotta say that is a cool system!

Level 18
Here is a series of images showing the main gods of many cultures.
I bet there aren´t 100% accurate, yet they could be a good inspiration for anyone who wants to join.

PS: for my Aztec entry I am using 7 of the 10 Aztec Gods presented here (only missing one important one that I am adding to my entry). So 7/8 were represented, pretty neat.

ajAxGjR_700b_v2.jpg

Taken from 9gag

Last edited:
Level 35
Here is a series of images showing the main gods of many cultures.
I bet there aren´t 100% accurate, yet they could be a good inspiration for anyone who wants to join.
[/B]

Hmm it is decent. My biggest problem with that table is that it uses superhero costumes for some of them and some faulty names, but overall useful no doubt. Still for increased accuracy and a larger selection, I would just wiki it.

N41

N41

Level 7
Well i would enter with egyptiqn but ill get trembled so hard under other contestants cuz im yet a novice
I am doing egyptian and already halfway through :ogre_haosis:
-----
Don't have my system but internet so took time to make the list of all who decided to participate with respective mythological ideas

• Astaroth Zion - Aztec
  • kari0003 - Hungarian myth
  • Black Ranger - Nordic (Dropped)
  • xYours Trulyx - Cthulhu
  • Spellbound - Fey
  • N41 - Egyptian
  • Sunreaver - Chinese
  • Retera - Phoenix
  • Kyrbi0 - Golems
  • Edge45 - Scandivian
  • The_Silent - Aztec (2)
  • Chaosy - Troll (Dropped)
  • Lone Adventurer - Egyptian (2)
The list is in order of participation according to respective posts in this thread
Sorry if I forgot someone or wrote wrong mythological idea against their name (lots of post to read)

-----
I have decided to use normal harvesting like peons and peasants
-----
Just tell me how does following idea sound

Free Workers
No Lumber or Gold Cost
Does not Attack
Dies after 60s

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.