• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Modelling Contest #28 - Wizards - Poll

Vote for your favourite entry!

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 49
attachment.php

the%20hive%20workshop.png

modeling.png
contest.png
number.png
2.png
8.png

poll.png

contest%20rules%20and%20conditions.png

• Each user can only vote once in the poll.
  • You cannot vote for yourself. If a voter has the same IP as the author then the vote will not be counted and it may result in the disqualification of the entry.
  • You cannot create multiple accounts to vote for an entry in the poll. If a voter has been found to be using multiple accounts none of the voters votes will count in the final result.
  • You cannot bribe users for votes. Contestants who break this rule will be disqualified and given negative reputation.
prizes.png

• First Place: 60 reputation points and your entry on the award icon.
  • Second Place: 40 reputation points and an award icon.
  • Third Place: 25 reputation points and an award icon.
  • Participation: 5 reputation points.

judges.png

• Misha
  • General Frank

disclaimer.png

Inviting your friends to vote for you, bribing random members with rep and otherwise cheating with the VB poll system will get you DISQUALIFIED, BANNED from future contests, -REPPED, and possibly INFRACTED. So don't do it!

This includes, but is not limited to, sending PMs out to various users, getting other people to send those PMs, advertising this contest on other sites with the intention to gain more votes (whether it is explicitly stated or not), and so on. If you are suspected of cheating, the staff will notify you and interrogate you (hopefully) over PMs.​

entries.png

The poll will conclude on the 25th of December, 2015.
The contest thread can be found here.

Don't do it, man; usually its outright prohibited, but even when not it's generally bad form & looked down upon.

Will say more later. But good to see this up!

Its prohibited?? Aww man... How to unvote it then

Ahhhahahahahahahahhhhh demmitttttttt
Didnt read the thing throughly
Deolrin T.T you should warn me before i hit the vote button
I hope i wont disqualified
If it is disqualified then no choice :V what a careless mistake

Level 37
Voted for Direfury's badass gnome arcanist (; those alternate forms are too good.

Its prohibited?? Aww man... How to unvote it then
Read the 2nd rule, silly butt xD
You cannot vote for yourself. If a voter has the same IP as the author then the vote will not be counted and it may result in the disqualification of the entry.
If this is your first time doing it, they should let you off with a warning :)

Voted for Direfury's badass gnome arcanist (; those alternate forms are too good.

Read the 2nd rule, silly butt xD

If this is your first time doing it, they should let you off with a warning :)

much careless i am, I saw that line after i voted myself XD
Hopefully it won't be disqualified :p
I was too hand itch because I can hit the vote button XD

Roland

R

Roland

When it comes to voting, I pick the highest ones..

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 21
If I wasn't in the contest, can I still vote?
It's gonna be a hard decision to vote for these models and the Wizard Content, but I do like the Eredar Female model one.
Really good for more female Eredar if you know what I mean. :L

Level 37
If I wasn't in the contest, can I still vote?
It's gonna be a hard decision to vote for these models and the Wizard Content, but I do like the Eredar Female model one.
Really good for more female Eredar if you know what I mean. :L

Of course you can! The poll is open to the entire community, and it is highly encouraged to vote :)

Not putting images is a good idea, now voters are forced to view the model rather than basing it on screenshots. It's frustrating when people based their vote on screenshots, not looking at the big picture (pun intended) whole model.

I Agree
it's bad for those who not good screenshot
the main thing is the model not the sceenie
:)V don't stare at me, I know my screenshot is very "good")
(I should have photoshop to enhance the screenie if people judge on screenie XD)

Deleted member 238226

D

Deleted member 238226

i am kinda suprised that direfury entry only got 3 vote so far. i mean, did you guys check the model animation already? the animation is just sexy as hell.

just saying :p

Too bad,that not every guy have put the screenshot of his contest work.
----------------------------------------------------
i am kinda suprised that direfury entry only got 3 vote so far. i mean, did you guys check the model animation already? the animation is just sexy as hell.

just saying :p
I will not waste my time on testing ,and download his model,that thing should moderator's do.
He should add a screenshot,that i can see it,and the others.

Just saying :pPP

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
I will not waste my time on testing ,and download his model,that thing should moderator's do.

I disagree, that's like judging a game on graphics only.
People who want to judge looks only should judge in a concept/drawing contest. A model contest isn't just about looks, but also the quality of the model.

Level 51

People like you should have no right to vote in this poll then, no offense.

Level 49

For your own sake, upload a picture with the finished model so that users without access to editor/model editor can view it. Especially helps lazy users.

While it would certainly help to upload a screenshot of your work, nobody should judge the models based on only a screenshot. It's not time consuming at all to download the model and open it in Magos' Model Editor to view the animations and particles. Please be aware that a model is more than just mesh and textures. This kind of behaviour is disrespectful towards modellers.

While it would certainly help to upload a screenshot of your work, nobody should judge the models based on only a screenshot. It's not time consuming at all to download the model and open it in Magos' Model Editor to view the animations and particles. Please be aware that a model is more than just mesh and textures. This kind of behaviour is disrespectful towards modellers.

Indeed. Sadly I doubt that is what the average user does. THE Bora_Balboa has made himself a good example of this. Maybe we could integrate the model sections model viewer in some way (?).

Then remove my vote,i will not vote again a modeling contest.
I mean it now seriously DELETE my vote.

It will be for me always very important how it looks like.
The best model have a big amount of downloads ,because it has good details,and a good graphic.

Details are a big part of the texture,and how is the model maked.
Animations have nothing much to do with modeling,think about what is a model in real life.

Do the people that are models get the job,because they can move ,or because how they look like?
You know what!Its important how they look like while they moving.
So let's say that animations have to do something with modeling,but it will be always more important how it looks like.
So when i say "i want see how it looks like",i mean not just textures,i mean too how the model is created,so there is not reason to attack me.

Animations are important,but very little.
They have just too working,and they dont need to be many.

The best model have a big amount of downloads ,because it has good details,and a good graphic.

Animations have nothing much to do with modeling,think about what is a model in real life.

Do the people that are models get the job,because they can move ,or because how they look like?
So let's say that animations have to do something with modeling,but it will be always more important how it looks like.
So when i say "i want see how it looks like",i mean not just textures,i mean too how the model is created,so there is not reason to attack me.

False equivalence fallacy. You have no argument.

Level 51

Your comparisson is inapropriate and invalid. And as I said, I had no intention on personally attacking you.

Of course a model has to look good. But you're forgetting we are making these models for a game, where they actually have to move around and do stuff. And animations are ESSENTIAL for that. You can have the prettiest models (and there are many of them) that has sucky animations, which RUINS it entirely.

Your comparisson is inapropriate and invalid. And as I said, I had no intention on personally attacking you.

Of course a model has to look good. But you're forgetting we are making these models for a game, where they actually have to move around and do stuff. And animations are ESSENTIAL for that. You can have the prettiest models (and there are many of them) that has sucky animations, which RUINS it entirely.
Okay,im agreed with that.

Level 49
The thing is, you dont expect every single one of the voters to check the models in game. Thats why we have to showcase it on screenshots. I do agree on that guy up there that if im the voter, i wont waste my time downloading and testing it. Id simply just look for a model that looks good on the screenshot. Thats just the point here , not every single one of the voters will check an entry thoroughly, in every single aspect.

That is fucking retarded. This is a modelling contest. That means that entries should be judged and voted for based on merit. If an entry has atrocious, embarassingly stilted animations, but "Ooh, the gem on his staff looks nice!", you don't vote solely off of that one thing.

If you want to vote on something just off of a picture, and not how it works, or how well-animated it is, we have texturing contests. I'm going to leave it at that, before I get mean.

That is fucking retarded. This is a modelling contest. That means that entries should be judged and voted for based on merit. If an entry has atrocious, embarassingly stilted animations, but "Ooh, the gem on his staff looks nice!", you don't vote solely off of that one thing.

If you want to vote on something just off of a picture, and not how it works, or how well-animated it is, we have texturing contests. I'm going to leave it at that, before I get mean.

Chill :V
"People Should" and "People Will" is different thing I would say.

Level 22

LOL, same drama like in the Zephyr Contest poll. Now you feel my pain.

Level 49
It's not about contests, it's about voters. While I agree that every voter should thoroughly test the models' animations (at least in Magos'), I do recognize that it's not entirely possible to enforce this while maintaining the standards we're used to in modelling contest polls, which is why it would be recommended to add a screenshot. Direfury - I would ask you to kick the rhetoric down a notch. I agree with you, but there's no need to insult or get extremely upset over this issue.
Perhaps in the future we should include a testmap to easily try each of the models.

Status
Not open for further replies.