• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

No imports!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 36
Yey for no imports... see if you can figure out what it is ;)

Attachments

• comingofthescourge.jpg
    comingofthescourge.jpg
    167.4 KB · Views: 453
Level 18
its a snowy place. . . probably northrend.

there is a broken ship... dont know what thats about.

then there are two graveyards on each side of the river . . .

IM STUMPED ? :D

very good by the way. IT would be a good as a blizzard melle map.

edit : o wait, is that Arthas's landing spot when he first came to northrend ??

Cheer for the one that is not using Imported models!!

i'm not using imported models.. why i think i rock more than the other terrainers.. cause its 2 times harder to make an awsome terrain without imported models..

May the force be with you! for the rest of this thread :pal:

Level 18
o wow, Mr. Goblin , your the one who created that kick ass Pitlord skin a long time ago :D that was freakin awsome.

i agree, imports make life easier, but it doesn't take much effort to make something beutiful

to make something look nice without imports is pure pro.

though i myself do use imports :p Dont look at me as a hippocrit, cause i do make things without imports .

So what is this Void? tell me i want to know :D

Level 18
Okay, it is harder to make it look good without imports, but you think it is easy to make it look good with them? If it so easy, why isn't everyone that opens the UTM and terrains, coming up with things like MadseN does? Seriously, a good terrain takes a few hours to make, whether or not you use imports. Of course using them will make them look better, because there is a wider range, and they look more realistic, but a good terrain is about concept, doodad manipulation, execution, and effort. Not models.

Back on topic, Void, that is a very good no-import terrain, but who knows what it is lol. It is a dragon spawning grounds?

Level 6
the ground could be made to look more compounded with snow, if not more steeped from snow falling into the river. maybe adding some rocks that "sustain" the snow in that form will make it look more real. they don't have to be jutting out of the contour.

Level 36
Well, it's actually shallow and not a cliff directly into the water because of snow falling into the water. The snow has gone above the water level but not the cliff, so it creates a lower ledge under the cliff.

there is a broken ship... dont know what thats about.

Forgot to say, that was supposed to be a broken human ship that was destroyed by Arthas after he got Frostmourne (see Reign of Chaos human campaign, last or second-to-last mission)

Status
Not open for further replies.