• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

» Warcraft III - Paranoia

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 14
Molot (Hammer) sounds like a nice name.
Karas? Karas("soft Letter")? That's a fish's name. :p
Sovok? Isn't that the thing people use to clean up the dust?
kinda silly nicknames for an elite squad...

I can't do something against the orginal Half life 1 paranoia names so please don't make silly jokes about them... I think you can't translate them in a correctly english name where could be makes sense. If you don't like this project and you only interested to find bad things you just should't post here something...

Level 5
tleno, if you think these nicknames are silly ask BuZZeR to change the original names, then we will change it too :p

Level 27
I can't do something against the orginal Half life 1 paranoia names so please don't make silly jokes about them... I think you can't translate them in a correctly english name where could be makes sense. If you don't like this project and you only interested to find bad things you just should't post here something...

Nah I am intrested in the project... still, I find the names silly. I don't suggest to change them (I kinda figured out they're taking from original mod),just say they're funny.

Level 19
That's a pretty good use of models and still being able to fit it into multiplayer, I'm still looking forward to this:)

Level 4
Well guys I just have been banned from my computer AGAIN because of finishing my projects on 1 day and my parents scolded me to correct tiny mistakes and blamed on computer.

If the beta test isn't going out soon then good. It might take a few weeks to get it back.
P.S Regularly checking and this update is on my computer which I found and smuggled. XD

Level 14
Last edited:
Level 5
finally the video, the next should be the closed beta or any other vids? :p
btw. the quality from moddb is better than youtube oO

Level 10
This looks totally incredible.. Kinda reminds me my ranged attack system in my Unholy Invasion map.. The ambience is crazy good.. However, the floating texts for damage looks a little confusing. You may want to change it somehow.
Keep it up please :D

Level 7
Brilliant. The presence of custom doodads, soundtracks, models and just about everything contribute to the atmosphere really well. I think the dialogue is slightly weird at some places though.

Level 14
Thank you for the feedback I will now keep it up uploading some videos. I have updated this part in the video already I have add a little buff at the unit and a timer where will shows you if slow motion is activated in order if you turn off your sound you still know "ah slow motion is activated... great" and I have updated a little bit the terrain more cables and something like this keep tracking :)

Level 5
That's bloody brilliant!
Can't say how much am I suprised - in positive way. Really, great job, it looks like a new game instead of W3 map. Your modding team should get some award on moddb, not like it would mean anything to you but it's satisfaction and somekind of proof that people admire your job.

Level 14
Where Ze Alpha Zombie D:

What are you mean with where the alpha zombie is? oO

@GhostThruster: Its just slow motion or you mean the small count of zombies its just the first contact mission with the zombies if I will add more zombie you guys will die faster then you think.

btw. thanks for the feedback guys I think I will remove the damage/exp floating texts its seems nobody likes them. Here now something different a new enemy type called the crawler a ranged mutant where shoots with bloody bill:
improved%20crawler.png

Level 23
From what I know the game cannot really be faster, except you like to die iwthin the first 3 zombies in range :D
Except you changed something major.
I can assure you that you are chalenged enough when clicking " medium" or "hard", even as an experienced player I guess...
And you have to see, that this is only the very first part with zombies, more to come ( a lot more) so yeah....

Level 14
From what I know the game cannot really be faster, except you like to die iwthin the first 3 zombies in range :D
Except you changed something major.
I can assure you that you are chalenged enough when clicking " medium" or "hard", even as an experienced player I guess...
And you have to see, that this is only the very first part with zombies, more to come ( a lot more) so yeah....

Almost everthing is true but I already balanced the medium and hard difficulty and I think I have created a lot of major changes together with modox like the player bots, the better zombie AI and a lot of more zombie spawn points than before and ofcourse balance changes at the mutants itself in order to make them more dangerous and a lot more stuff (one of the reasons why I haven't released something already but I think is understandable right?). Keep tracking I will show you the next gameplay part soon...

Level 23
Almost everthing is true but I already balanced the medium and hard difficulty and I think I have created a lot of major changes together with modox like the player bots, the better zombie AI and a lot of more zombie spawn points than before and ofcourse balance changes at the mutants itself in order to make them more dangerous and a lot more stuff (one of the reasons why I haven't released something already but I think is understandable right?). Keep tracking I will show you the next gameplay part soon...

heh. I acknowledged that :p
Just wnated to point out, that the gameplay basics are perfect the way they are.
It's not a fast hack'n'slay game, it has a different quality ;)

Level 7
Maybe you could add a loading system that allows people to skip chapters if they already finished the game before, or a survival/deathmatch mode if you have the time and filesize, for increasing the replayability of this mod.

Level 14
Maybe you could add a loading system that allows people to skip chapters if they already finished the game before, or a survival/deathmatch mode if you have the time and filesize, for increasing the replayability of this mod.

Dude look again under the feature list at the first post a survival modus is already in work and sorry but I don't want to add a skip option and I think you too because the wc3 paranoia campaign is really really short.

Level 14
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BfEp1r2_E_U

95543a.jpg

It would be cool if the dead units on the floor got up as an alpha zombie during events or when you walk through the area again for another objective.

also adds somewhat of a more realistic enviorment.

Maybe you should read every post before you are requesting something ^^ nothing against you but the soldier zombie is already in here a "REALLY REALLY OLD" screenshot http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/1807100-post258.html btw. thanks for the tracking. +rep

Last edited:
Level 5
Are you really that much desperated to ask when are they going to start beta?
Like there's nothing else to do around, really. It's holiday for most of people and I wouldn't be suprised if they were a part of these. We cannot force them to work on it all the time.

But as somebody already revived the thread then I guess there are still people interested into this map.

Level 14
Because I currently haven't enough time for some reason :/ I changed my release concept I will release wc3 paranoia unfinished to the public you can see it as a open beta if you want it... then if I will time again for the development I will fixx the annoying bugs and create new content. The first step has been already started I will make the current closed beta forum enterable for everyone in order everyone can throw out his ideas and bug reports http://116230.homepagemodules.de/ . The last thing is just that I have think about the closed beta testers.... maybe somone of you guys are now disapointed but no fear you will still get a closed beta item gift. I hope you guys don't hate me now or something but modox has left my team and I currently don't have the time for warcraft 3 paranoia because I have a lot of problems where I want to solve first and then I will keep up the modding thing.

All in all I wish you guys a nice day/night and prepair for the first open beta version at the hiveworkshop soon if you are still interested in this project you should give our open beta tester forum a try.

Level 5
Don't worry mate, I appreciate your effort into this mod and there's no need to get nervous about anything. Just take your time and im sure people will greet you with happiness.

Level 5
Well nevermind about that, I thought that you'll leave the project for a long time and it would be kinda sad if the map was bugged and nobody except for you would be able to fix it.

However, you have made decision about that so there's nothing to talk about.

Status
Not open for further replies.