• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Concept-Art Contest #4 - EVOLUTION

Status
Not open for further replies.
(I hope I'm not getting spammy)

I felt like modeling my first evolution concept so I did when I was bored. It doesn't look exactly the same but it's as close as I could come with free tools and magos (btw, is there a way to animate something like this and add bones with free tools?).

Pics in the attached thumnail

Attachments

• Project Pic 2.jpg
    Project Pic 2.jpg
    109.6 KB · Views: 207

I felt like modeling my first evolution concept so I did when I was bored. It doesn't look exactly the same but it's as close as I could come with free tools and magos (btw, is there a way to animate something like this and add bones with free tools?).

if you started out with like a dog model, it would be easier.

Icoria

I

Icoria

Wait.... Are we suppose to make a model of it?

if you started out with like a dog model, it would be easier.

Yeah that probably would have been a smarter Idea, I started with the NetherDrake model since it had the head tail and wings but the animation sucks now, may have to redo it.

Not for as far as I know, otherwise I'd have a problem.

I just think he's doing it, because rules do not say that models are not allowed.

I really just made the model out of boredom (which I'm going to have to remake out of boredom). On top of that I was just experimenting with methods of presentation, though in the end I'm most likely going to just draw it I figure why not mess with some other forms of media to see whats available.

Icoria

I

Icoria

Can I use it in my dragon trainer - netherlands game when your done with it o_O

I'll give you credit :p

Sure Icoria, you can use my model when your done. I was actually planning on using it in a RPG concept that I'm thinking about making. I'm pretty new to modeling so I can't promise the animations will be the greatest when I'm done but hopefully I can get at least the basics.

disregard any entries or WIPs i posted, im dropping out of the competition.

QUITTER! I DEMAND MASS NEGATIVE REP ON THE QUITTER! (lol just kidding, though it would be sweet if I could stir up a mass negative rep but that would be pretty duechy on my part)

Icoria

I

Icoria

Thanks.

And, I am not very sure of how to combine them, and I am not finished with my drawing, but how is it so far?

(Evo2 or maybe 3)

Also after that BAT WINGED beast...... How about the insect winged first evolution?

Attachments

• dracowolfsabre.jpg
    dracowolfsabre.jpg
    140 KB · Views: 163
  • fairy.jpg
    fairy.jpg
    105.2 KB · Views: 168
Last edited by a moderator:
Level 5
My one is coming on well, as soon as I get to a scanner I'll scan and post it...

I really hope that My picture is going to win. Although I should stop talking about How you should let me win and How my one is better than everyone else's.

I really should stop subliminal messaging...

Level 4
How many days left? İ would love to join too.My first creature nearly finished.I'll post it soon.

Level 4
Thats my creature "Deer-Worm" They called deer-worm cause they cant normally be on its feet.Because of lack of back feet they cant walk without evolving.Sorry for quality, my scanner's really old.İt scans gross.I know i cant win but i still wanna join:grin:

Last edited:
Sorry for quality, my scanner's really old.İt scans gross.

Yeah I know what you mean, try opening it up in photo shop or some equivalent program and messing with the contrast - worked to salvage mine a bit. Another idea would be to take a picture of it with a cell phone then email that to your email - you might get better quality though the lighting comes into play there (try using a desk lamp, though I've found that that may create some glare or make it difficult to see the fine details).

You guys should really stop worrying so much about when the contest ends, you've got quite some time to work:

* The contest shall begin on Thursday 19th of November '09 and conclude on Sunday December 21st '09, 00:00 GMT

Another W.I.P.

A little Background information:
A.S.M. :Automated Scouting Machine

these little robots were sent by Astronomists as a more efficient and safe way of viewing celestial planets. However, most of these three feet machines broke down easily, leaving them obsolete and useless.

This one that i drew has been rusted over and busted, and some aliens are going to infest it.
i don't know what the alien will look like yet so its just a little goo-guy (right) for now.
the first evolution will be the infested version of the robot.
W.I.P.3.jpg

Icoria

I

Icoria

Thanks.

And, I am not very sure of how to combine them, and I am not finished with my drawing, but how is it so far?

(Evo2 or maybe 3)

Also after that BAT WINGED beast...... How about the insect winged first evolution?

Yep.... Thats the stuff.... I still got no feedback....

Uh oh, I'm gonna have to compete against that?

ugh yes unfortunately - and I think you have other peoples art to worry about more then his. You might want to look at the last contest to see the overall quality that these pics get.

That doesn't mean you should quit, its still a concept contest, just try to step up your quality work. Also you may want to try some other form of media to express your idea since pretty much any visual media works here - you may not be as good at drawing but you can ________ better then them.

Well Icoria you have only provided us with your practice drawing pictures. Maybe get some pictures of your actual concept and you'll get feedback.

Level 4
Why is there a boy head in it? Is it the final evolution.

Nope just bored of drawing strange animals drawn something different.Actually it was my first animal drawing and i didnt like it.I'll trash it and draw something else.Maybe something fish-like?

Status
Not open for further replies.