• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Concept Art Contest #9 - Overwhelming Odds

Status
Not open for further replies.

San

San

Level 32
Hi I r in
odds-jpg.244435

odds2-jpg.244450

Attachments

• odds.jpg
    odds.jpg
    283.9 KB · Views: 546
  • odds2.jpg
    odds2.jpg
    146.2 KB · Views: 557
Last edited:
Level 24
Scratched everything back (which I did not liked :") and going to a more Starcraft-ish.
Here's a rough sketch of the front view, just like what I learned from Mr. Goblin ^_^, I'll create some different perspectives so I can form a final one

Attachments

• Hybrid1.jpg
    Hybrid1.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 189

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
I think that some anatomy studies could help your case by miles. Then there would come the shading lesson of objects and adding details afterwards.
I lack most stuff when it comes to drawing. I prefer to "perfect" other activities, especially those I consider talents. I also like drawing without reference. I try doing it out of my head with some glimpses to self anatomy (I don't have the patience to draw line by line until I get a finger right :D). I just wanted to contribute to keeping this part of the Hive alive.
Boy, talk about egomania. All my above sentences start with "I".

Level 28
Nice work people! I'm looking forward for the final results of your entries (HappyCockroach included, idk if he was serious about that but that's a cool entry). Too bad I still haven't got time to work on something for this... but I'll try something as soon as I can.

Level 16
So here's another wip. It's my first attempt at digital painting. Can't say I know what I was doing. As you can see, the head is the only thing not finished. To be honest, I don't know how I'm gonna make the hair with a mouse but I'll probably think of something. Probably gonna result to something terrible.

Attachments

• 002.png
    002.png
    288.7 KB · Views: 118
Level 16
another 1hour of work before i go to sleep
been thinking... what should be the snake/dragon battling? a mech from pacific rim? haha! i'm sort of wanting to combine some elements from the poll and make it seamless as possible
@Windrunner29 , haha thanks! although i was imagining Jormugandr from the Norse mythology
jormungandr2.jpg

Level 2
Hello guys.
Sorry for my english, I'm not to good at writing it.

This is the first time that I post something in this site, even that I visit it over five years already.

Well, I hope you like my sketch.

Attachments

• Art Conquest.jpg
    Art Conquest.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 197
Level 28
Nice to know there is quite a crowd working on entries here!

I'm usually afraid of posting WIPs when I'm uncertain I'll make it to the end (ok that's stupid I know), but I do have something for this contest. I was keeping it to myself because I'm currently very busy due to university, so I don't know if I'll manage to finish it. Anyways:

WIP3a.jpg

(the original file isn't this size)

Level 24
Is it required an extension or you think you can cope till' the deadline hits?

I'm not sure if I can reach the 3/4 days deadline, assigned to rl events are a pain. I supposed the greatest time I can work with it is August 26-27 and maybe finish it at that time, but it passes deadline so yeah like I said on my last post.
(Thanks btw :) )

13920185_636290366546756_5685981219537223173_o.jpg

^Illustration

Sadly I didn't spend enough time on the drawing to be abble to finish it in time. So let me explain a tad what I was aiming for to explain what the lack of details was suppose to mean.... yeah I'm cheap like that, I'm sorry D:

The alien is standing in a puddle on a battle field with the body of his fallen friends around. In the puddle, we can see the sky's reflection and the ''thing'' that killed them. That thing = is illustrated in the image below.

The idea behind this drawing was to push myself on a technical level. Draw water reflection (%$@!) draw bouncing lights! (double %$@!), hard perspective (triple %$@!), mix betwen medieval and sci-fi (that was fun!) draw water ripples with reflection (%$@@!)

you get the idea.

13923769_633583093484150_528959775772104082_o.jpg

^Here's the big alien that sprouts the tiny little aliens. (aka he reflects in the water)
13913665_630109927164800_8800362430523608059_o.jpg

^ the tiny bullet shaped aliens kamikazee that pokes you to death with their headbang :D

-----------------------------

haven't pushed him more then that, I'm afraid i won't have enough time to finish this guy up for the competition. You should concider this post as my final entry.

And yes indeed. If I can't find someone, I'll forfeit and take the role gladly! :D

Last edited:
Level 15
Hi :) I'm here with 0% progress and 4 days left.

*recheck the deadline*

OMG ITS ALREADY DEADLINE!!!!! O MY GOAT!! I'M SORRY!! SORRY! SORRY! SOOORRRYYY!!! SORRY!

No one even finished their entry...

-= BY MY POWER AS A MODERATOR I EXTEND THIS COMPETITION FOR 1 WEEK =-
YOU MUST THUS SUDMIT YOUR FINAL ENTRY BEFORE THE 30 OF AUGUST OR YOUR LAST POSTED ''WORK IN PROGRESS'' WILL BE JUDGE AS SUCH.

but to be frank I almost choose to go = fuck it...

I'd rather respect the deadlines and post a new concept-art competition in two months instead of extending this thing for more weeks.

Reactions: San
Level 16
Goddamn yesss!!!
I was working on this other art for a contest for Asia pop comicon and the prize is a smartphone, also we had to setup our booths for the whole week. It'll also be a riot on Friday to Sunday. But I expect to finish it in just a day since I've been brainstorming what I'm gonna do since then.

Status
Not open for further replies.