• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Pandaren Buildings

This bundle is marked as high quality. It exceeds standards and is highly desirable.
Description:
  • Buildings for the Pandaren Race, some of this are old creations of mine I decided to fix them to serve as a refresher after not making any models for quite sometime
Notes:
  • Notify me for any issues in each models.
  • Please give proper credits when using any models from this pack.
  • DO NOT UPLOAD ANY PART/S OF THIS PACK TO ANY OTHER SITES
  • Do not edit without permission

Updates:
  • Applied the necessary fixes. Palace birth anims now made non-looping, tower now have collision shape.

If you like my work please consider supporting me via the links below :

Ko-Fi: https://ko-fi.com/bakr_kev
PayPal: PayPal.Me/bakrKev12
Contents

Blacksmith (Model)

Blacksmith (Icon)

Brewery (Model)

Brewery (Icon)

Dojo (Icon)

Dojo (Model)

Flight Master (Icon)

Flight Master (Model)

House (Model)

House (Icon)

Mill (Model)

Mill (Icon)

Palace (Icon)

Palace (Model)

Palace - Keep (Icon)

Palace - Townhall (Icon)

Shrine (Icon)

Shrine (Model)

Temple (Icon)

Temple (Model)

Tower (Model)

Tower - Cannon (Icon)

Tower - Guard (Icon)

Tower - Magic (Icon)

Tower - Scout (Icon)

Workshop (Model)

Workshop (Icon)

Reviews
ILH
ILH
A wonderful set of Pandaren buildings with fine details. Changes made. Works in-game. Approved!

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
Frickin' heck yeah. A complete set of well-made Pandaren buildings, finally! Glad to see you back, Bakr. ^_^

While I think a lot of my original issues with your style of modeling are still present here (namely, a sort of general 'same-iness' to the style & texture-use, a bit of 'standard-ishness' to the kinds of buildings made (though surely to make it as widely usable as possible)), a complete, aesthetically-coherent set is undeniably useful & appreciated, and of course the technical skill is without question; all of these look great. I particularly like the contrast between the green/red roofs & the brownish-white sides, along with the glowing tiger face (by the way, nice job integrating the tiger face in a way that doesn't highlight it too much).

You've got basically all the concepts I think should go into any Pandaren faction; a "Dojo", a "Brewery", a "Shrine", a "Temple". And the standouts from the same-iness are there; the Shrine, Brewery & Flight Master all are unique and fun.

Thank you!

Level 41
Frickin' heck yeah. A complete set of well-made Pandaren buildings, finally! Glad to see you back, Bakr. ^_^

While I think a lot of my original issues with your style of modeling are still present here (namely, a sort of general 'same-iness' to the style & texture-use, a bit of 'standard-ishness' to the kinds of buildings made (though surely to make it as widely usable as possible)), a complete, aesthetically-coherent set is undeniably useful & appreciated, and of course the technical skill is without question; all of these look great. I particularly like the contrast between the green/red roofs & the brownish-white sides, along with the glowing tiger face (by the way, nice job integrating the tiger face in a way that doesn't highlight it too much).

You've got basically all the concepts I think should go into any Pandaren faction; a "Dojo", a "Brewery", a "Shrine", a "Temple". And the standouts from the same-iness are there; the Shrine, Brewery & Flight Master all are unique and fun.

Thank you!
you must note that the standard four races of warcraft 3 are all combinations of different races that is why the architecture and textures are diverse.

as for my case.. i have two considerations..
1. i am making a race specific building pack that is why the building style as well as texture are almost or completely uniformed
2. practicality.. it is easier to create a pack by reusing some parts of the first model of the pack and making versions out of it.

Personally i really prefer uniformity when making a race specific pack so that the theme will be preserved and i personally do not like something if it does not complement the others in terms of design.

Without a doubt such work requires HUGE effort! 💪 The buildings are neat, contain thought, creativity and they are united by one common style. I also like their names: they are concise and relevant.
I’m very happy for the Pandarens that there was finally such a masterful architect who could build them cozy and beautiful homes :psmile:
Great job!

you must note that the standard four races of warcraft 3 are all combinations of different races that is why the architecture and textures are diverse.
👆 this. Your packs look more "compact", targeted and highly specialized in a positive way.

Personally i really prefer uniformity when making a race specific pack so that the theme will be preserved and i personally do not like something if it does not complement the others in terms of design.
I also like this approach in your packs 👍

Although I find your pack amazing, I have a few questions/suggestions/critisism in the folllowing spoiler:
- Are 'Stand - 2' nessessary for in Brewery, Dojo, Flight Master and Shrine?

- There are already 2 buildings, Blacksmith and Workshop, that have smoking chimneys whose function is more justified. This can create a small confusion from afar: should Lumbermills burn anything? Maybe it's a good idea to put more emphasis on the main feature of the building, the wood, and play with it in some other way?

- I find your 'Stand Work' quite OG and fitting for the Blacksmith but it seems to have pauses and gaps in the building's operation: sometimes you have to wait about a second to realize whether the building is working. I understood why this feeling occurs: it has no endless cycle of production, visually.

There's a point why the standard Blacksmith has a cleaner 'Stand Work': the smoke disappears slower; it uses 2 stoves, which take turns replacing each other, thus creating/highlighting the cycle of production; their airbag is visible. In your case the airbags are hidden behind the building, they are less visible and don't add much animation; the smoke and fire don't work in pair.
BlackSmiths.gif
To solve this I would make the alternation of smoke and fire more frequent or last longer, so that when one finishes emitting, another one starts. Might also be a good idea to make airbags more visible because they are important parts of the building's antourage, its exterior and function, why should one hide them?

- The Shrine has a geoset glitch above the water in the 'Stand Work':
ShrineStandWork.gif
Does the Material layer or bones work properly there?

- I like the Panda's face on the Shrine. Though it's quite blurry and gets covered when the building is finished. Should you put more empasis on this pedestal by making the face more obvious?

- The Lanterns in the Shrine have a small glitch with the red supports just like in the Dojo and maybe in some other buildings (don't think it's that important though).

- Your construction site is fine but how about adding more racial entourage? It has an amazing idea about the vertical bamboo supports. Why not making horizontal ones and wooden platforms of the same texture if it's possible?
Bamboo.png

- The house has a black afterimage during the 'Death' sequence which starts before the blow:
HouseDeath.gif

- There's a shine cycle interruption, a transparency jump in the 'Stand Work Upgrade Second' of the Palace:
StandWorkUpgradeSecond.gif

- You have very nice lanterns around the buildings. Should they be lit with simple glow planes just like in the Night Elven architecture for additional charm?
Please, if I sound biased and overly picky, just ignore this nonsence :peasant-popcorn:

Last edited:

Nyctaeus

Hosted Project: W3E
Level 18
Majority of them come with enough inborn variety to be distinguishable as individual assets and buildings ingame. There is in general high variety of main shapes in this pack.

This is usually primary issue of uniformity. The assets needs to be varied enough to be recognizable by eye of typical player who is not a designer, and has no sense to immediately distinguish the designs by detailwork. Being "memorable" is a preference and it's all okay to put emphasis on aesthetic consistency and visual language. It's always a trade of something for something.

Perhaps Mill and Workshop could use some more highlights to stand out more. Maybe add some more machinery on the roof of Workshop to add an element that would be immediately recognizable? Maybe high pile off processed lumber next to the mill?

Still, its already great even without additional adjustments. This is an excellent pack that comes with strong, distinctively oriental and exotic vibe, and it nicely translates pandaren theme into WC3 setting 🤘

Last edited:
Level 12
Soo good, all of your models are always top notch. Although, there's no altar building, so I suggest using this.
P.S. XGM had a contest last year for pandaren buildings, check out other entries also, they're great.

Attachments

• 56E5C78E-A23C-4283-91F5-A6662680C1EA.png
    56E5C78E-A23C-4283-91F5-A6662680C1EA.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 26
Last edited:
Level 41
Soo good, all of your models are always top notch. Although, there's no altar building, so I suggest using this.
P.S. XGM had a contest last year for pandaren buildings, check out also other entries, they're great.
the shrine is intended to replace the altar.. it is inspired by the shrine in battle realms
Screenshot 2023-11-07 113436.png

Hey bakr. Can you do Dalaran Buildings Pack
i have a pending pack but for some reasons im still do not have that much energy and inspiration yet to work on it and kinda still busy with other things

Last edited:
Level 41
idk, it's more like a spellcaster/research/moonwell building to me. All Altars in wc3 have large statue in the middle.
i have a bias against the altar not all of course.. if i am making a melee map i prefer the altar but since most of my maps are recreation of azeroth i prefer something more useful in recreating a town or a city. And actually all of my first building packs are humas because at that time I am making the eastern kingdoms in my map then the dwarves. And I am now making Pandaria so pandaren buildings then doodads during my free time.

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45

as for my case.. i have two considerations..
1. i am making a race specific building pack that is why the building style as well as texture are almost or completely uniformed
That's... A good point. xD Touché. (although both the Night Elf & Undead are both "racially pure" & still manage to have a fair amount of architectural diversity).

bakr said:
2. practicality.. it is easier to create a pack by reusing some parts of the first model of the pack and making versions out of it.
This is, of course, very salient. We all know it takes a lot of work to model & you're putting out dozen+ sets of models, multiple times. It is only really possible if you 'cut corners' (in terms of creativity/uniqueness), which is understandable.

bakr said:
Well so that touches on an interesting subject that I've thought about as it pertains to your works...

In the real extant factions, they utilize a great deal of creativity when 'Theming' the buildings; the Humans & Orcs have a "blacksmith" but the Undead "blacksmith" is a graveyard (really more of a Mausoleum) with swirling ghosts, and the Night Elf "blacksmith" is an arched Hall structure. Whereas for you, basically every set features a relatively-standardized building mesh with a glowing forge, anvil, and the 'air sacs'.

And even when the 'Theming' isn't different, sometimes they mix it up 'Mechanically'; not every faction has just the one 'upgrader', it's often (Orc & Undead) combined with a 'lumber receiver'. Not every faction has upgrading towers; HU & UD do, but Night Elves & Orcs go solo. (and to go back to 'Theming', Orcs have regular ol' towers, but Night Elves grow giant angry Treants, and the UD have a very different tower 'concept' (i.e. ziggurats that get upgraded with giant magic crystals)).

Thing is... You're not designing a faction. You're designing assets; trying to make a more multipurpose thing that jumpstarts other modder's ability to do a given faction themselves. So you kinda have to make it more generic, in a way. If you made some design decisions like "Pandaren should have a tower that shoots fireworks!" or "Dwarves would train all their warriors from a singular type of Barracks, with 'enabler' buildings!", or whatever, suddenly you're not making as useful of a pack (potentially).

So it's a challenging dichotomy.

===

Once again, though, I think it's important to reiterate that I'm really grateful for the work you're doing, and think it's a big net benefit to the community as a whole. : )

Level 34
That's... A good point. xD Touché. (although both the Night Elf & Undead are both "racially pure" & still manage to have a fair amount of architectural diversity).
That's not true, night elves aren't just, well, night elves, they have the offsprings of cenarius, ents and ancients (which are like 80% of their builginds), and lot of forest creatures, same with undead, you have nerubians, cult of the damned, etc

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
That's not true, night elves aren't just, well, night elves, they have the offsprings of cenarius, ents and ancients (which are like 80% of their builginds), and lot of forest creatures, same with undead, you have nerubians, cult of the damned, etc
Sure but they aren't as obviously "alliances" like the first two.

Night Elf buildings may be 80% Ancients but that just makes my point that they have a certain level of 'architectural purity' (especially if you look at the ~20% that's not Ancients; pretty consistent IIRC)

Undead should be pretty consistent; the whole "stole architecture from the Nerubians" means all their main buildings are of a piece, aesthetically (standouts like the Temple of the Damned (holdover from Wc2), Slaughterhouse (more a human thing?) seem like exceptions to the rule).

Level 41
Sure but they aren't as obviously "alliances" like the first two.

Night Elf buildings may be 80% Ancients but that just makes my point that they have a certain level of 'architectural purity' (especially if you look at the ~20% that's not Ancients; pretty consistent IIRC)

Undead should be pretty consistent; the whole "stole architecture from the Nerubians" means all their main buildings are of a piece, aesthetically (standouts like the Temple of the Damned (holdover from Wc2), Slaughterhouse (more a human thing?) seem like exceptions to the rule).
The point is it will all fall into everyone's preferences.. A race specific pack for me must share the same textures and the variations will be on their structural composition like shapes and others. So for me each building in my packs is unique in their own way.. maybe the issue you are pointing out is the textures used in each pack which I have already explained before.. they are race specific packs and I prefer that they follow the same theme and be consistent. I also do not consider it cutting corners in terms creativity and uniqueness in reusing some parts of the base model. If a building pack is based on a specific race that race in particular will have distinguishable architectural style like its arches, doors, windows and the shape of its building. The difference will be on their structural composition based on their function and practicality.