• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. đź”—Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

📢Legends of Arkain True Story - NOW FULLY RELEASED!

frostwhisper

Media Manager
Level 49
ArkainFrontPageBanner.png

One of the Hiveworkshop's longest-standing projects - The Legends of Arkain True Story is now fully released and playable! A few words from the series creator:

8th January 2024
Ladies and gentlemen,

it is my honor to announce that today is the day of the full release of the True Story of Arkain!
From this day on, it is no longer called a "demo".

After three years of production and over nine years of Arkain on the Hive Workshop, the True Story has finally been finished.

The new update features the Epilogue as well as another cinematic that will be unlocked by watching the epilogue.

I want to thank all of you who have followed the True Story for all this time, I appreciate each and every one of you.

Both @Kasrkin and I are proud to announce this full release together and want to thank EVERYONE who has helped us
to get to this point - whether that was through a bug report, a resource, support, by giving your opinion or any other
means is not relevant, we appreciate all of you.

We are proud to have built such a strong community over the years - both the ones that have been with us since the
start as well as those who have joined us later.

The True Story has finally reached its conclusion - but the story of the Legends of Arkain is far from over!

Stay tuned but first... enjoy the cinematics.

You can find them
here in the Map Section.

Sincerely,

Arkain Industries

Kasrkin & Shar Dundred

Read more about the project and download it here:

DownloadButton.png

Level 4
View attachment 458837

One of the Hiveworkshop's longest-standing projects - The Legends of Arkain True Story is now fully released and playable! A few words from the series creator:

Read more about the project and download it here:

Please, can you explain to me what the story of the game is? Does it run on W3 Reforged? Is the character Anduin Lothar playable?

Level 5
Please, can you explain to me what the story of the game is? Does it run on W3 Reforged? Is the character Anduin Lothar playable?
Legends of Arkain is set in different fantasy world, it has nothing to do with Azeroth or Outland. It has completely different characters and events.

The campaign is playable only on Classic graphics unfortunately, that's because the team were working with older version of Warcraft 3.( Before Reforged)

Level 26
Classic graphics unfortunately,
I'm the only one, who just not judge a game by graphics? Have you played games before, where you don't needed a fully equipped up-to-date Premium Gaming PC , just to enjoy the game? Like "Papers, please"? Half-Life first series? There is nothing unfortunate here, many campaigns for WCIII is made for CLASSIC graphics, and there is nothing shameful here.

I understand that "The future must be Reforged", I'm not gonna resist that for sure.

Level 4
I'm the only one, who just not judge a game by graphics? Have you played games before, where you don't needed a fully equipped up-to-date Premium Gaming PC , just to enjoy the game? Like "Papers, please"? Half-Life first series? There is nothing unfortunate here, many campaigns for WCIII is made for CLASSIC graphics, and there is nothing shameful here.

I understand that "The future must be Reforged", I'm not gonna resist that for sure.
I want to make it very clear, (if it wasn't already), that I only asked if the mod works in W3Reforged because it's the version of the game I have. If the graphics are redone or the old ones, it doesn't matter to me, I'll play it anyway

Level 5

Please tell me, where in my post I mentioned, that every campaign needs to have Reforged graphics? Am I judging game by graphics? No.

I just said, it is unfortunate, that this campaign was created on older version of Warcraft III, prior patch 1.32, since my version is the current one 1.36.1. And I don't know, if Legends of Arkain will work on current version. And yes, it is sad, that this campaign is only on classic graphics, since many people(me included) enjoy Reforged graphics. But at the same time I do not have problem to play custom campaign on classic one. If the graphics are Reforged or classic, it doesn't matter, I'll of course try this campaign.

So please, don't judge me. I am not that kind of person, who needs to play only with ultra high, or 4K graphics to enjoy the video game.

Level 5
Playing it right now on hard (again).

Having such a blast, I wish the original campaigns were that difficult & cool ^^