• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Ziggurat Takeover

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 17
For generations the human have lived peacefully together, populating the
lands under command of lord Airandius. But there would come an end to this
peace, according to the prophecies. That day of destruction is today:
ziggurats rise from out of the ground and start to spawn terrifying creatures.
Only a few brave heroes can safe earth from destruction. Are you brave enough
for Ziggurat Takeover?

This map features:
- Ziggurats that spawn evil creatures.
- A wide array of custom heroes, each with unique abillities.
- Amount of ziggurats is selectable at start. People looking for a challenge
can pick more ziggurats.
- Three different shops offering equipment, potions, barricades and items for
combo recipes.
- Buyable home that regenerates mana or health.
- Randomly generated terrain making every game unique!

Link: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/resource.php?t=94775&prev=u=Airandius

(NFO by Maximusje a friend of mine.)

Terraining: Decent, I usualy make very good terrains but for this map I wanted a random terrain. How? Well I made a trigger that randomly places trees and changes the terrain textures. Even though the map can't make terrains as good as I do it does create a good playable terrain (that is random) to enhance gameplay.

Inginuity: Decent, I'm good at making triggers but I'm limited to the use of GUI, Jass is just way to complicated for me. I used alot of triggers that alot of people can make (if they know how). The triggers propably contain some leaks because I made this map before I started to learn solving leaks (I still am busy learning it :xxd:). These leaks wil be cleaned out in future versions.

Replay Value: Good, people that tested the map and played it when it was done liked it alot. It has difficulty settings so if the game is to easy you can increase it. Not to forget the terrain that is never predictable. (As well as the locations of shops, unique items, power-ups and the ziggurats.)
I will add some special things in later versions including stronger bosses for increased settings, and weaker units for the easy settings to give it even more variation.

Fun factor/Gameplay: Good, if you like a defence/survival map you're at the good place.

Imports: A preview picture I made myself but that is all.

Rough Edges: Good, there was a lot of looking for bugs and we can be sure to say we removed them!

Single player compatabily: Good, you can play the map on your own but its more fun to play it with friends. On your own you are limited to a few heroes because some support heroes can't stand on their own.

AI support: It's close to being good.
The AI is made through triggering, It might not be very smart but it sure is a challange. (Besides zombies ain't that smart now are they?)
The zombies can smell your fear and it will lure them towards you. Running away from them will result in a loss. (So fight!)

Originality: Somewhere between good and decent. To be honest it was a map I played before that made me make this map. Though it has nothing to do with each other except that both maps have zombies. :xxd:
(The zombies made me wanna make a map with zombies, what a connection.)
It's pretty original yeh but I'm not the first to make a survival to fight against zombies. But it has alot of special things other maps have not.

File Size: Good, It's way below the limit that bnet has. (Around 250kb.)

Balancing: Good, I fixed a few balance issues we had when playing the game. They are fixed now. (The last 3 waves come a bit later giving you more time.)
We have fixed all issues there were but we wont know untill you tell us what you think about it!

Optimization: Decent, like I mentioned before I'm very stupid when it comes to fixing leaks. But I'm good enough to make good triggers so I might have removed some leaks without me actualy knowing. And I do know what I should not use. But still I'm sure it has some leaks.
Not to worry in the upcomming version (if this version is aproved and I get enough feedback) they will all be removed. (Well as far as I understand it.)

Finished: Yes, it is finished but it might get some updates including the leak fixes I mentioned and ofcourse any minor bugs that might have been found (and I doubt there are). I forgot to add hotkeys so they shall be added aswell and I'll add some minor extra's like bosses on higher difficulties.
Though this is all minor stuf that is actualy not needed that much yet I will add it.

Packaging: It does not have a custum loading screen but it has a preview picture!
The description is good aswell (thanks to maximusje for making one).

Credits: Yes, I gave credits to all the Alpha and Beta Testers. (No imports have been used except the preview picture I made myself.)

Theme: Oke, this is just a map I made for fun and it was based out of nothing. So there was no need for any music or anything like it.

Protection: Yes, I protected the map in case of lame people trying to steal it or use it in whatever way I don't like it. But I'm far from selfish. If you need to know something about my map (like triggers) you can just PM me or send a mail. I'm more then willing to explain and awnser questions. :thumbs_up:

Overall effort: This is one of the few maps I rly did my best on and the result is realy good. This is one of the very first maps that actualy made it out of the Beta and is finished, becaus eof this it's one of the few I actualy uploaded. I put alot of work into this. (Excluding the terrain, that's a trigger.)

Alot of thanks to:
-VGsatomi for his: Odds & Ends- VG's do's and dont's of map making.
-Maximusje for his NFO about my map.
-Sordurar the lead tester, without him this would have never reached completion.

Last edited:
Level 2
sounds pretty good. however, i am a tiny bit disturbed by the last section, the overall effort. people might not want to play if they hear that you haven't given it 100%

i usually never play hero survival, because of the mindlessness and all the right clicking for an hour, but i hope yours is different.

my main concern, what is different/special in this map from other maps? why would people be reluctant to switch from xhero siege to this? and lastly, the random terrain. i have some concerns about it, i hope it works, because if it turns into a game with 1 narrow path, or some other wack design than it could be trouble.

lastly, are you going to upload the map anytime soon?

Level 17
@ shawster
I edited the post a bit, it now has a link to my map and also I fixed a misunderstanding.
(The map is still pending on hive but it has been accepted on other sites and communeties and has already made its debute to bnet.)

The map is completed and I gave it my 100%, the 99% in my post is refering to that I never upload maps that aren't complete.

The map is special, it contains alot of things for example the random terrain (and no it wont make narrow paths or anything), it also contains item combo's (u can create very powerfull weapons that can't be bought).
It has unique hero's and it needs a good team to play the map. You need to adjust and realy work as one.
Each time you play it will be different, it depends on your luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.