• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Zapdos

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Hi everybody!
For the fans of Pokemon, here come Zapdos!
-I did all the geosets except for the glow geoset, the lightnings geoset and the heart geoset that I have copied from Blizzard
-I did all the texturing.
-I did all the animations. I didn't copy-paste any but I admit that I took inspirations from pre-existing animations taken from Warcraft III models (here are the credits: WarEagle, Gargoyle, Hyppogriph, WindSerpent, DemonHunter, FrostWyrm)
-I did all the particles

The softwares I used were:
- gmax
- Mdlvis
- Warcraft III Viewer
- Warcraft III Model Editor
- Vertex Modify from Oinkerwinkle tools
- Geoset Merger from Oinkerwinkle tools
- Adobe photoshop CS2
- Notepad ++ !!!!!

I tried to create as many animations as possible so that Zapdos can do almost every attack it would be able to learn in the Pokemon game :D

I hope you will like it and I am opened to any kind of constructed criticism :)
If you use it, don't forget to give credits please!

Have fun!

Keywords:
zapdos, electhor, bird, pokemon, thunder, storm, lightning, dragon
Contents

Zapdos (Model)

Reviews
23:00, 27th Apr 2014 Misha: pretty groovy, mate :) although i did notice that the normals are uneven on this and your blastoise model.. could you try tinkering with them two and get them to be without odd shadows?

M

23:00, 27th Apr 2014
Misha: pretty groovy, mate :) although i did notice that the normals are uneven on this and your blastoise model.. could you try tinkering with them two and get them to be without odd shadows?

groovy, can i request a charizard maybe? :p

nah, silliness aside, there are a few things that could be changed, internal and external model names should be set to match, and model should have a working camera, with some background, to show only in the portrait anims (dunno if i pointed that out for the blastoise as well oO) but that should be all.. it has proper set attachment points, right? *tired*:vw_sleep:

edit: Model is a bit strangely dark.. you should try to redo the normals so that the whole model is uniformly 'lit'