• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece!🔗 Click here to enter!

Your Melee Map Sketches

Status
Not open for further replies.
204270-albums4725-picture58616.jpg

Level 32
I got it! It's not done yet, especially the right side. ROAD TO VICTORY (1V1 version)

KEY

Gray - Impassible mountains/hills
Brown - Dirt/Grass
YellowBrown - Sand/Shore
Light Blue - Shallow Water
LightBrown - Path/Rough Dirt
Light Green - Tree Wall/Natural Environment

DOTS
Yellow - Gold Mine
Multicolored Dots - Creep Camps

No passive buldings yet, but there will be boats and zeplins!

Road%20to%20victory%20Sketch.bmp

SCN, this looks really promising. I got some suggestions
-Some places are too empty, like that island on the bottom right. Best place some buildings and creeps there, as well as some trees, perhaps cliffs or some water... It just looks too open in comparsion with the top right path.
-The bottom gold mine is near the water, which means it will be attackable by boats, whereas the top one is not.
-The blue player's starting position is too small, expand it to the north like the red's.
-Too much open ocean. A few unreachable islands around that center one, some sunken ruins in the water or corals sticking out, maybe even some islands with fountains of mana and some turtles?
-Best keep it to boats only, zeppelins will make boats useless. Thus what's better than attacking your opponent's base with hundreds of boats full with army? :D
-I like the unsimethricy of the map, but at some places it's just too... radical. For example, the middle right gold mine and the 2 green camps are too much to the north, which makes it unfair for the blue player, as he has to travel more to get there.
-Best remove the walls from the gold mine island in the center and make it just an island with a few fortifications, but open to the ocean. I mean, it's the only red camp in the map, it should be hard to take over, and most of all, hard to hold your ground there. With one enterance it's quite cheap. Also you could scatter some ruins in the water around so the attacking army will have trouble getting there by boat :p
-Middle-right island looks boring and empty. It's all sand with a rock in the middle... As i said, some parts of the map are too empty.
-You could make it an altered melee, by adding personal buildable shipyards to every race with battleships. That would bring back the good 'ol WC2 feeling :3
(speaking of WC2, your scetch really reminds me of the WC2 wasteland tileset :p)

Looking forward to your map :)
(btw sorry for the bigass post :D)

Level 32
Wow, I got an older version of this...

EDIT: When I refreshed the browser, it was updated! That's a lot of magic. I'm listening to your words blood raven.
Creep camps - Totally not finished
Ocean - I will keep it that way, the map was originally intended to only cross the water or fight on the edges. But. I will add doodads and what-nots in the water.
Walls - Creeps aren't finished, but I might make the walls (temple) more ruined to allow more paths.
Bottom base - Will expand more, will crowd top a little.
Expansions - Top mine, is it really a problem? I'll tweak it in an unknown way... East mine, I'll move it south.
Path - I will always add things (obstacles) around it.

Status
Not open for further replies.