• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Yi Ling v1.3 (Music Off)

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Contents

Yi Ling v1.3 (Music Off) (Map)

Level 6
I was pretty annoyed at the site for not having a "strategy" category, so i had to categorize this into the unsorted category. Anyway, this map is not a simple hero wars, or just a troop bashing map, its map that actually requires strategy and tactics, like placing ambushes, stuff like that. It also has events in it that greatly effect the outcome of the game. This map is a simulation of the battle of Yi Ling, from Dynasty warriors. I hope you all enjoy it :)

Level 1
I've been playing this map lots recently, and it's pretty good fun. It's nice to play a map while it's in developement stages and watch all the bugs leave and stuff. I think it's a very original concept with good attention to detail. Nothing's there for no reason. Well thought out.

Level 22
I know you are trying to recreate the authenticity of Dynasty Warriors, but keep in mind that unlike Dynasty Warriors, this is a competative multiplayer map. Because of that, I suggest adding some sort of system for players to revive their heroes as opposed to simply ending the game for them after they die. Still getting the bounty and still having their troops scatter is good, but players should be allowed to continue playing, otherwise the game just turns into a hero hunt rather then actually trying to complete any objectives.
-VGsatomi

Level 6
Hmmm... thats a good point, however, I wanted to keep to the "strategy" part. In a real battle, you dont get a second chance, so you have to be wary of ambushes etc. Although, I have made another dynasty warriors map, which has a death penalty (where you will only lose the game if you cant afford it, otherwise, you get revived.)

Maybe I should incorporate that.
Thanks for your review VG :)