• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

WW stops my unit!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hey guys. I have a simple "enters region, move to different region" trigger. I also have another simple trigger that makes those units use Windwalk every 4 seconds. The issue is; when they cast windwalk, it cancels their last order (which was to move to that region).

I can't just pick up that unit and reissue the order since there are like 300 units casting wind walk and each of them are going to different regions. Is there any way to simply stop a unit from canceling their last order when they cast an ability?

I was googling around and came up with nothing (except something to do with 'guard position?'. Couldnt figure them out).

Thanks!

Level 12
The problem here is that any order ordered by trigger will cancel all orders in the order queue.

Depending on your needs you can

-Select the unit for the player and force the player to press the hotkey for wind walk to cast it that way (selection delay applies)
-Give the unit a power up item that contains the wind walk ability and which is instantly used (wind walk ability on unit will not go into cooldown)
-Save the last order of the unit and it's target and recast it after using wind walk (saves only the last order, all other orders of the queue are still lost)
-Code something completely different

Level 3
-Give the unit a power up item that contains the wind walk ability and which is instantly used (wind walk ability on unit will not go into cooldown)

If I put WW into an item, it'll not cause the unit to cancel current orders if the item is used?

Status
Not open for further replies.