• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Wraith Lord

Another model made for the Olympics which never took off.
Better here than rotting on my HD, blah blah.
All ingame textures, give me credit, and enjoy.
EDIT: Portrait *should* work better now.
--donut3.5--

Keywords:
ghost, wraith, lord, undead, hero, hood, dark, scary, ghost, donut3.5, applesauce
Contents

Wraith Lord (Model)

Wraith Lord (Model)

Assets
Reviews
16:16, 23rd Oct 2008 Dan van Ohllus: Camera on the Portrait model is incorrectly place. I doesn't show the character ingame. Edit: Camera problem is fixed, but the eyes don't show up in Portrait talk animation. Edit2: Argh, after the fix, the...
Level 2
ne, mister maker-man can i use your model for my hero idea thingy? i think this one's perfect and i would like to use it. that is if you allow me to use it..

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
^?

If it's up for download, you can download it and use it for whatever you want. That's... kinda the point of a public download. :p

If you want to Edit it, however, you have to get permission from the author first; because then you're messing with his "intellectual property" (or something like that).

Level 1
Great model, it works very well in the editor.

It definetely doesn't look like a rip off of the lord of the rings, especially when you give it a faceless one sound set, no sir 8) lol
Not trying to take anything away from it, just playing 8)

Level 27
Heh... i made my new avatar using a screenshot of the wraiths head, then taking eyes from the icon and adding them in the middle of the blackness he has instead of a face =P Turned out pretty nice i'd say. Wich leads me to what i were going to say: On the icon it has EEEVIL EYES, but the unit model has none. Could you add some?

Level 3
The model can be selected from a very far distance. Is there anyway to fix this? Maybe thru the editor?

Awesome model 5/5

Level 9
As many has pointed out, the portraits "portrait talk" animation is not working.
This is what "portrait talk" animation looks like ingame for those that say otherwise:

wraithlord.png

I found that the easiest way to fix the portrait is to simply delete the "portrait talk" animation.

To do that, open the portrait model with http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/tools-560/war3-model-editor-62876/ and press "Sequence Manager" after that click on the "portrait talk" and select remove and then save the model.
Then import it like any other portrait model.

This looks much better ingame.
Not only because the portrait is now working properly.
But because the red eyes shown at the portrait models "portrait talk" (only shown when opened with http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/tools-560/war3-model-editor-62876/ ) does not appear on the actual Wraith Lord model in any animation.

Level 2
As many has pointed out, the portraits "portrait talk" animation is not working...
I found that the easiest way to fix the portrait is to simply delete the "portrait talk" animation.

Not so fast, my 8-pawed friend!

I managed to make it work

Evidence:
WraithEyes.jpg

All you have to do is open the portrait in Magos' Model editor (as you said) and go to Windows>Sequence Manager. Instead of deleting the "portrait talk" animation, copy every number you see from "portrait". In interval, put "from" zero to the number you wish he blinks again (I think it's in seconds, but I'm not sure). I wrote 7000.

The problem was that the camera wasn't set, so Warcraft was filming the ground... lol

Have fun, like I am now!! ^^

Level 2
The Fix...

donut3.5's Last Activity: 08-10-2009 --- aww.
----------------------------------------------------------------------

I might upload the fix for this model, but I need permission first. Or do you guys want the fix to be uploaded anyway?

Fixed:
• Far model selection - you can click the model from far away.
• Portrait Stuff - the "Portrait Talk" animation is actually the same as "Portrait".
• Added attachments - sorry, no sprite attachments.