• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

WoW is taking over the world!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
I don't have WoW myself so as an outsider, I can see what's happening to people around me. Recently, one of my friends got into a somewhat big guild. They're doing Molten Core-runs 3-5 times a week and my freind beleives that he has to go with them everytime or else he'll let down the guild. Now we come to the bad thing. In his effort to please the guild he forgets to take care of his social life in the real world. This very afternoon he didn't want to do our math together with me because of Molten Core. He's using all his spare time in WoW. Do you have any stories that are like mine or any suggestions how to make him stop playing WoW? Thanks in advance.

Level 15
I run through AB once a month naked.

Sometimes I visit the faire too!

nakedhorn24jj.jpg

Level 9
look i dont have WoW but if people play it dont sook cause your not the boss of them you cant make them all go back to wc3

Level 2
wtf, dont make him stop wow
and dont delete his character!

do you even understand what it means to delete a level 60?
man
youre dangerous

Level 2
You realise the guild are real life people? Other wow players that people get to know and befriend.
These friendships aren't hindered by the fact it's in an online game.

So him choosing wow over doing math with you is perfectly logical like this:
1) going to MC with 39 friends instead of doing math with 1 friend
2) WoW and MC is more fun than math

See... MMORPGS are second real lives. In them are worlds that feel just as wide as the real one, with lots of different people, people that you don't know. Every day you see at least 15 peeps that you dont know.

So basically, it isn't destroying peoples lives :lol: - they are living their lives. Just in a different realm than the outsider.

Level 9
in MMO games you have real people, real emotions, and a hell of a fun. but the majority of these ppl are in the other side of the world, you get insane addicted and i guarantee you my friend, i have mroe fun in a festival or in someplace with my firends (those which i can touch, look, feel...have a real interaction) rather than staying home all day playing a game

and this is not an opinion of an "outsider", i do play MMO games, i just dont play WoW because i cant afford it. that bring us to another question, do you really want to spend all your money in a fantasy games, buy WoW gold, pay the month inscription and other stuff? unless youre sorta rich this is a freak addiction reckon it

"second reality"? you cannot alienate yourself to another dimension, while you "live your life" in a virtual world, the real world goes on, you cant stop it with a time magic or sort of, and if you dont follow the world's speed, you will fall down.

there IS a great diference between social life and virtual social life

i have a friend that is addicted to Priston Tale, i called him week ago to go out with me, another friend of ours, my brother and my bro's girlfriend friends. he siad he wasnt going, then i shoute to him if he was going to spend the rest of the day in home playng PC, he said yes. then i said he was losing a great opportuinity to catch some chicas, then he just answered me that he already have a PT girlfriend, and that he was going to meet her tomorrow. guess what? he never met "her" until now

if any of you bother yourself to read this, plz realize that is fun to play MMO games, but they cant take the first place in your mind

Level 2
well,
it feels like a real life.
it works like a real life.
itäs at least as fun as real life.
it has a lot less harassment.
it provides things to do all the time.
it doesn't make you pant and get tired when you move.
it teaches you more english than any school lesson ever can, plus its fun to talk english in it, unlike school.
it's easier to develop a confident personality.
it's easy to get friends.

so you can fuck off, no offense, im gonna go play it now :D

See ya later, always interesting to hear arguments.

Level 9
redlion you obviously play games too much how can a game be your whole life cause if your looking at it that way it means that playing games constantly gets to your head

Level 7
Quote:
it teaches you more english than any school lesson ever can, plus its fun to talk english in it, unlike school.

so you can **** off, no offense, im gonna go play it now

It DOSENT feel like real life.
It DOSENT make you tired.
It makes you get addicted to it and you may neaver quit it, and I know that because I have been addicted to Wc3 since the day it came out.
It causes a crap load of arguments if you meat somone who isent that friendly (usally)
It makes you run slower.
It makes you not want to go outside.
It makes you suck at sports (because you get addicted and keep playing it and you know the rest...)
It dosent make you hungry and tired.
It dosent work like a real life.

Level 45
redlion said:
well,

so you can **** off, no offense, im gonna go play it now :D

u sound like wormskull...luckily that son of a bitch dont have wow or created an account in oct.

giv me ur wow. i want it bad. i dont even play it. and i want it.

Level 6
redlion said:
well,

so you can **** off, no offense, im gonna go play it now :D

Only an idiot would think that WoW was
better than real life. It just makes your
energy bill soar.

Level 9
king ryan its great to have sombody on the same side as me and what you said is 100% right how in the world can a game feel like real life look around the world isnt just a moving pic

Level 7
PhoenixFeather said:
Nothing beats the real world.

Uhh, i think you're saying that because you don't have WoW or you're not allowed to play any MMORPG, maybe.
Your Signature is weird? What did WoW players do to you? Why are you sick & tired of them, just be cool & leave them alone, hehehe...

Level 9
if redlion is dumb enough to ignore the warnings, let him be

Doodi i guess you need to re-born to never spam again, the idea of Doodi-spammer is already fixed in our minds :roll:

Level 7
Quote:

thanks for agreeing, Usally on forums people just say to me: OH F*** you or F*** OFF or YOU SUCK or somthing like that..

Level 9
what forum you used to browse? "Da l33t n00bS PwNZ0rs Forum"?

you must have done something to they call you like that :?

anyway youre right, as many of us sole exception for the freakWoWzoids

Level 4
Doodi said:
PhoenixFeather said:
Nothing beats the real world.

Uhh, i think you're saying that because you don't have WoW or you're not allowed to play any MMORPG, maybe.
Your Signature is weird? What did WoW players do to you? Why are you sick & tired of them, just be cool & leave them alone, hehehe...

Not allowed to play MMORPG? What do you mean by that? And no, I do not play WoW. Crappy Internet-connection. Even if I had a better connection, the price is way too high. Maybe I'll get it when The Burning Crusade hits the shelves. Btw, I have a lot of other things to do even if I had it.

Level 10
It DOSENT feel like real life. - True
It DOSENT make you tired. - It can.
It makes you get addicted to it and you may neaver quit it, and I know that because I have been addicted to Wc3 since the day it came out. - If you are disciplined enough, it would be easy to quit for awhile.
It causes a crap load of arguments if you meat somone who isent that friendly (usally) - Not really...
It makes you run slower. - How so?
It makes you not want to go outside. - I go outside everyday with my friends and such.
It makes you suck at sports (because you get addicted and keep playing it and you know the rest...) - Maybe make you less in shape, but it does NOT make you bad at sports.
It dosent make you hungry and tired. - It can.
It dosent work like a real life. - True.

Level 9
lorothrigs said:
It makes you not want to go outside. - I go outside everyday with my friends and such.

youre one of the several excpetions, MMO addicted really dont feel like going outside while they can still do it in their little virtual world, reckon it

Status
Not open for further replies.