• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

WoW Conversion request

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
I tried simply requesting this in the WoW request post, but i got no answer.

I would like for someone to convert a few WoW models for me. Hopefully 3 weapons and at least two people.

Their images are below.

http://wow.allakhazam.com/item.html?witem=15256

http://wow.allakhazam.com/item.html?witem=21679

http://wow.allakhazam.com/item.html?witem=19351

Also, I need an Orc male in full High Warlord Armor and a Night Elf female wearing full Deathdealer's Embrace Armor. Also, please do not put any weapons in either of the character's hands. Thanks.

Level 25
If you want a character model, how about you freeze time itself? Do you know what extracting a WoW character model ENTAILS? Several hundred geosets that you need to remove, AND needing to search through THOUSANDS of textures in order to find the right ones

Level 2
Really?

I did not know that it would require so much time and effort. I am so sorry, I will not request another character model again. If need be, I will remove the character request and leave the weapon requests behind.

Do you know where I could find a tutorial so I could do it myself?

Once again, I am very sorry.

Level 9
I will try not to laugh...
Mech you are the nicest person i have ever met :twisted:

Level 25
Holiver said:
Do you know where I could find a tutorial so I could do it myself?

Ah, good, willing to learn. I like that. Little warning, I tend to blabber on and on in my typing

Firstly, you need some sort of program to extract from WoW. I use MyWarcraftStudio, which you can google and find, or you could use WinMPQ. Then you need MdlVis, which is also on google but requires a bit of searching, not being on an English site

Then, load either models.mpq, patch.mpq or patch2.mpq in MyWarcraftStudio, and search around for what you want to extract. You want a character, so go into the "Character" subfolder, and for weapons go into "Items" then "ObjectComponents", where you can also find helmets and shoulders

Anywho, check out the character. See that mess? That's every single armour loaded onto them. Ouch, huh? Extract that and get ready for some majour deletion. Open up MdlVis and click open, change the file extension down the bottom to .m2, and open it. You'll get an error, but just click ok. Then, click the save button, and it will extract it in mdx form. Grab YobGul's WC3 File Converter from the tools section, and change that mdx to an mdl, for later editing

Now, load up WC3Viewer (Grab it in the tools section) and load that mdx. Over on the side you'll see a list of geosets: From the bottom of those, keep disabling until all of the uneeded geosets are removed. Lots of geosets, huh?

Once you've figured out which geosets you need to keep in order to just have the model and nothing extra, open up any program that can delete geosets (Like WC3 Editor, link in a sticky in the model's section, but you'll need to extract the skin file to get this one working properly) and delete all of the uneeded geosets, keeping only the essential ones. They'll have different names if you use WC3 Editor, so just remember roughly their numerical order

Anywho, once you've removed the uneeded geosets, go back into MyWarcraftStudio and check out the Textures folder in any of the various mpq files, and find the textures you need for each model. This'll take a while, so I'll continue after you get the needed textures. Also, might wanna grab the necessary helmet and shoulders as well, because they don't appear on the character

Level 2
Ummm... what do i do to extract the skin for the model for War3 Model editor, and where do i extract the skin to? The model editor keeps telling me that "'NightElfFemaleBody.blp' does not exist!

Thanks for getting me thus far, it should be easy sailing after you tell me how to do that.

Level 6
you need Winmpq or MyWarcraftStudio and then extract "NightElfFemaleBody.blp" into the same folder as your model

note: it must be a .blp

Level 2
I thought it might be that. But still, there's one problem:

WHERE IS IT?!?!?!?!?

I've looked everywhere for it and I still can't find it!!! :evil:

Level 2
WOOOOOOOOOOOOT!!!

I managed to convert a weapon by tinkering around (and using Crazynutter's guide for help)!

i successfully put it in the game as an attachment to the hand of a unit!!!

I'll try and do a character now.

Level 25
Well, if you got a weapon in, then getting everything else in is simular

However, with units, you get every animation. You can either choose to rename them, or just plain out delete them. Units also have FAR more geosets, as you will find out very quickly

Level 2
OOOO yes, MANY more geosets. :?

Right now the main problem I'm having is trying to figure out how to put armor on the guy... do I just leave some geosets on her? Or is there something else I'm supposed to do?

EDIT/UPDATE: I removed all of the extra geosets on my Night Elf female, and now she's naked. How do I add the armor parts? Or does that have to be done separately?

Level 25
For the armour, I THINK that Blizzard made the body seperate geosets, so you'll need to find which geoset corresponds to the chest and stuff, and then add a new skin in Magos, and then make that geoset point to the new skin, which should be one of the armour skins

Level 2
Humm... ok, will do. I'll let you know if it works or not.

EDIT: O I didn't realize you were quoting Mecheon.
Stupid sentence deleted.

Status
Not open for further replies.