• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

World Editor Unlimited Range Change Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
I've set up a series of trggers that use the advanced function change unit's range. I've set it to change the range whenever the unit is given a certain ability. The trigger works for the first few times, changing the range back and forth, but breaks down after 5-6 switches. What's wrong?

Level 3
Ok, I can't use JASS and I've been trying with GUI for a while and I don't think there's a trigger like that. Want me to put it simply? (I was a little unclear) I want my unit to change it's range based on what Item it has. (I'm using Deep Blade's Item System) I only need it to switch from range to meele. WEU is being a bitch.

Level 2
WEU is has been bugged for some time now as the new updates to the editor messed it up so if you have aplied all the pathes then it wont work right

Level 9
I think WEU uses upgrades to change attack range. And you cant decrease the level of an upgrade, therefor it will run out of levels.

Lets say we got these 2 upgrades based on Long Riffles:

IncreaseRange [max lvl 100] [+10 range every level]
DecreaseRange [max lvl 100] [-10 range every level]

Every time we want a unit to increase his range we increase the level of the upgrade "IncreaseRange" by 1. Sadly we cant decrease the level again, so if we want to decrease the range, we need to increase the level of "DecreaseRange" by 1. At some time we reach the maximum level (that is 100), then this wont work anymore.

The only good way to do this, is to replace the unit with another run, but just a longer attack range

Status
Not open for further replies.