• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Altered Melee] Working on an altered melee map

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
I'm trying to make an altered melee map which doesn't add any new races, but instead lets you research one of 3 options in your level 2 town hall equivalent which will alter the basic race you're playing and enhance one of it's aspects e.g. the alliance would split off into dwarven technology, which focuses more on siege units or into the arcane which focuses more on spell casting and mana manipulation;

Each of these paths will modify some normal units, give you new units to train and possibly take away/replace some others and also let train a hero fitting of the one you chose (e.g the undead heroes are all heralds of one of the deadly sins, wrath (fire), envy (ice) and sloth/gluttony (haven't decided on which one))

The reason why i make this post is because i'm not sure how exactly to go about the "transition" from the normal race to the altered one. Currently my idea is to make a trigger which replaces all buildings with their altered variants, but it doesn't sound like the most efficient and means i'd have to also replace the builder units (so you can actually build new altered buildings) and the town hall (so you can train said builder units)

Also if this post doesn't fit this forum and should go into the world editor section please tell me since i'm not sure!

Last edited:
Level 4
You're right! It seems i still do need to use triggers to replace buildings but this definetely saves some time

Status
Not open for further replies.