• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Windows 8 Plus SSD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 27
I have windows 7 with an 120 GB SSD (500 mb/s read write, but i think it's limited to 346 or something because i have sata300 lol). It doesn't load in 4 seconds though? xD

Although from the moment i can see my desktop background i can click anything i want and it will start up in a few seconds. Photoshop is a nice way to see the improvement, it starts so damn fast compared to before.

Are these things ever going to go down in price because once you have one (also installed 2 games or something on it) you don't want to go back =p

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
They are already falling in price, although obviously the discount models will have poor performance and life time.

Windows 8 uses a better kernal (many new technologies) and is diesigned for mobile platforms so one can expect it to be slighly more light weight and faster.

Status
Not open for further replies.